Suspension

New to the Jaguar F-Pace Forums? Introduce yourself here
RDB1

Re: Suspension

Post by RDB1 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:04 pm

RaVolVoR wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:44 am
Just watch the tyre wear... Too low and you can start wearing both edges faster than the middle.
Thanks - I am aware that wear can be an issue but its only a marginal decrease however does seem to make a difference. At mid morning the pressures creep up in the heat to above recommended still so not too concerned.
F-Pace 3.0D S - 2018, Corris grey, Pano Roof (fixed), Cold Climate Pack, ICTP 380W, Privacy glass, Spare wheel, Service Pack etc

RaVolVoR

Re: Suspension

Post by RaVolVoR » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:11 am

Agree with the above but in my car one junction in particular turning left, the passengers are thrown violently left thdn right in the seats due to slight uneven tarmac. In my wife's EOS sport with hard lowered suspension you don't even notice this uneven surface! If you said a magic carpet ride would allow a full glass of water to stay full over all surfaces, I'd expect that glass in my car to be completely tipped over and empty at this junction.

I get that an SUV is never likely to be like an XF saloon but I also don't see why a £50k car is so terrible on tarmac.

I also agree that on motorways and fast country roads the car is a different animal. The adaptive dynamics though are valueless, in my car they do nothing useful for the ride. Neither improving handling or making ride stiffer. Steering feels tightened throttle seems more responsive but that's it.

It's the one item I wouldn't bother ordering again.
AWD Portfolio, Italian Racing Red , a car with more "bounce" than most inflatable castles!

Return to “Introductions”