Potential 'Media' Setup

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
DazzaDCFC

Potential 'Media' Setup

Post by DazzaDCFC » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:00 pm

Hi guys,

New to the forums, as I've just ordered an F Pace R-Sport due to be delivered 28th Sept.

I've been looking at potential media setups for the car. I have gone for the ICTP Pro package along with dual view monitors, so want to come up with something that allows the passenger to watch Netflix etc on the go, as well as entertain my son in the back who would have a tablet and have come up with the following idea:

Three 'go-binge' Sim Only Plan - These plans allow you to use as much data as you want for apps such as Netflix, Deezer, TVPlayer, Dave, Soundcloud and Apple Music, and it won't take it off your monthly allowance. This is around £15 a month on the 12 month plan. Pop this into the Sim Card slot for the in-car Wi-Fi hotspot.

Amazon Fire Stick - Attach this to the HDMI port located on the F-Pace and connect this to the wifi hotspot. Install Netflix for on demand, and TVPlayer to allow the passenger to watch live TV on the go.

What do you guys think? Would this work? I've checked and the 'go-binge' incentive does work for tethering, which is essentially what using the card for the Wi-Fi hotspot would be.

Djmc321

Re: Potential 'Media' Setup

Post by Djmc321 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:53 pm

I would check with the dealer that the dual view works for HDMI whilst driving. I had a similar idea as you, on the standard ICTP, and whilst the fire TV stick works (power from USB i the armrest) the screen cuts out as soon as you put car in D. I guess the dual view would hopefully keep the HDMI active, but you never can assume!
S V6 Petrol, Indus Silver, Black Pack, ICTP, 20" Black 5031, Sliding Pano roof, privacy glass, Adsr, Blind spot.

DazzaDCFC

Post by DazzaDCFC » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:14 pm

So, recieved my f-Pace R-Sport with dual view today, and was excited to try this out. However, seems the HDMI/MHL port is no longer there! Absolutely gutted is an understatement!

I'm quite into all my tech so this was one of the things about the car that I was really looking forward to. Does anyone know if it can be retro-fitted?

Lglynn

Post by Lglynn » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:05 pm

I have the same issue, also interested to know if this is possible as a retrofit?

Thanks
DazzaDCFC wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:14 pm
So, recieved my f-Pace R-Sport with dual view today, and was excited to try this out. However, seems the HDMI/MHL port is no longer there! Absolutely gutted is an understatement!

I'm quite into all my tech so this was one of the things about the car that I was really looking forward to. Does anyone know if it can be retro-fitted?

June16

Post by June16 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:53 pm

Same conversation over missing hdmi over on Velar forum seems to be a spec change on MY19
https://www.velarforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1583
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

DPinTX

Post by DPinTX » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:40 am

I just looked at mine (2019 S) and there is no HDMI port. Here is picture of the panel. I do not see any where in the paperwork that it talks about it being removed.

DP

2019 S in Silicon Silver with Light Oyster / Jet interior
old car 2017 R-Sport in Ingot
A forum post should be like long enough to cover the subject yet short enough to generate interest.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/FPACE/

June16

Post by June16 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:18 am

Yes the HDMI is now an option as on the Velar, a subtle change ( removal) that many purchasers haven’t noticed. Penny pinching I think 🤔
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”