Accessing TV media

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
Rob the dog

Accessing TV media

Post by Rob the dog » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:45 pm

Daft question time :D
What do I need to be able to access the TV media option in my F Pace?
Do I need a SIM card?
Although I never clicked on it I seem to recall the TV option in the media sources, prior to having the latest software update but I could be wrong. Now it's definitely not there.
Cheers
3.0L S diesel, 22" turbine alloys, adaptive led lamps, privacy glass, ICTP, cold climate pack, 16 way seat memory pack, electric towbar, remote release, space saver wheel, pan/slide, ebony/oyster leather, suede cloth, BRG.

corriescar66

Re: Accessing TV media

Post by corriescar66 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:13 pm

Rob the dog wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:45 pm
Daft question time :D
What do I need to be able to access the TV media option in my F Pace?
Do I need a SIM card?
Although I never clicked on it I seem to recall the TV option in the media sources, prior to having the latest software update but I could be wrong. Now it's definitely not there.
Cheers
Was it an option that you paid for? If you, like me, paid the £900 for bit of software that probably cost them £5, then I would complain to the dealer that did the upgrade.

It is still there on mine after the v4.0 update, (saw it briefly today while swapping one XF Sportbrake , for another with a decent engine), but I didn't try it, so can't confirm if it still works
Nov 2016: 3.0 S V6 Supercharged Petrol/Italiana da Corsa Rossa / Jet-Taurus/ 22" Helix etc....

Rob the dog

Post by Rob the dog » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:28 pm

Car was 6 months old when I bought it so the TV wasn't something I requested. Is there any way to check the spec of a car when it was new?
I didn't realise the TV was by request only, when the car was originally built.
3.0L S diesel, 22" turbine alloys, adaptive led lamps, privacy glass, ICTP, cold climate pack, 16 way seat memory pack, electric towbar, remote release, space saver wheel, pan/slide, ebony/oyster leather, suede cloth, BRG.

corriescar66

Post by corriescar66 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:38 pm

Rob the dog wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:28 pm
Car was 6 months old when I bought it so the TV wasn't something I requested. Is there any way to check the spec of a car when it was new?
I didn't realise the TV was by request only, when the car was originally built.
Would it not give the full spec on the sales invoice? I would've thought the dealer could tell you the build spec, or at worst you could contact the original owner via V5 address?
Nov 2016: 3.0 S V6 Supercharged Petrol/Italiana da Corsa Rossa / Jet-Taurus/ 22" Helix etc....

Rob the dog

Post by Rob the dog » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:57 pm

I think I will have to either contact the previous owner or give the dealer a ring as you say. To be fair some of the spec wasn't advertised when I bought it, even though it came from a main jaguar dealership and was a jaguar approved used vehicle. I only found out it had 16 way seats, boot release and heated rear seats whilst I was sat in it.

JOCK55

Post by JOCK55 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:00 pm

I think you should be able to get the Spec as new from ToPIX. You can for a Range Rover and it's the same system. Just need the VIN.
ARRIVED - MY19 R-SPORT, Caesium Blue, Ingenium i4 300PS Turbo Petrol, AWD with all the bells and whistles.

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”