It's proving very hard to buy an F Pace

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
ChrisBull

Re: It's proving very hard to buy an F Pace

Post by ChrisBull » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:44 pm

Sorry to here your story. I went into the Matford Exeter Dealership and the experience was wonderful. I came away with a beautiful Firenza red Portfolio and the part exchange package was much better than anticipated.

Rob the dog

Post by Rob the dog » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:20 pm

I don't know where you are Corris, but Farnell in Leeds were excellent with me.
I got a much nicer feeling with them then I did in my home town of Hull with Hatfields.
It obviously does vary between dealerships.
3.0L S diesel, 22" turbine alloys, adaptive led lamps, privacy glass, ICTP, cold climate pack, 16 way seat memory pack, electric towbar, remote release, space saver wheel, pan/slide, ebony/oyster leather, suede cloth, BRG.

corris

Post by corris » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:56 am

I've worked out how to get the dealer to call - post a negative review on Google. Within about an hour, I noticed a voicemail on my phone from the dealer asking me to call (I'm abroad so haven't done so yet).

Still amazes me that their job is to sell. And they just don't seem interested in doing so.

corris

Post by corris » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:01 am

Rob the dog wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:20 pm
I got a much nicer feeling with them then I did in my home town of Hull with Hatfields.
I'm in Buckinghamshire. Lookers Amersham and Jaguar Milton Keynes are the two I've lost patience with. Of course there are other dealerships, but it's now a case of travelling quite a bit further than I'd like to.

This experience has really knocked me so not entirely sure I want an F Pace anymore. I've decided I certainly don't want new - the F Pace I drove had a rattle and every Range Rover I've ever owned has been plagued with creaks and rattles, so I want to get a nearly new so I can drive it before I buy it.

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:14 am

corris wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:01 am
Rob the dog wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:20 pm
I'm in Buckinghamshire. Lookers Amersham and Jaguar Milton Keynes are the two I've lost patience with. Of course there are other dealerships, but it's now a case of travelling quite a bit further than I'd like to.

This experience has really knocked me so not entirely sure I want an F Pace anymore. I've decided I certainly don't want new - the F Pace I drove had a rattle and every Range Rover I've ever owned has been plagued with creaks and rattles, so I want to get a nearly new so I can drive it before I buy it.
I was worried about quality as well but took the plunge and have not been disappointed. No quality issues, creaks or rattles after 3000 miles. It appears the early models are the ones to avoid so if you go down the second hand route try to get a more recent model.
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

Gato Grande

Post by Gato Grande » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:20 am

corris wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:56 am
I've worked out how to get the dealer to call - post a negative review on Google. Within about an hour, I noticed a voicemail on my phone from the dealer asking me to call (I'm abroad so haven't done so yet).

Still amazes me that their job is to sell. And they just don't seem interested in doing so.
I’m surprised that people on here who are ‘disappointed’ with their vehicles are not offering you theirs.......at cost of course...

Do you think the sales though are not bothering due to them meeting their monthly targets already and there’s no pressure due to the delays in delivery at the moment?
Auto, AWD, Portfolio, extra bits, inc sliding roof, Ammo grey, now 2 years old, they’re becoming ‘popular’ and, still looks lush, albeit a bit dusty at the mo.......👍😘

NEUK

Post by NEUK » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:27 pm

corris wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:30 pm
I would love to buy an F Pace. Really love to. But unfortunately I can't seem to find a dealership that wants to sell me one.

I went to my local dealer last Saturday and hung around for an awfully long time only to be told no-one was free (which is understandable for a Saturday), so I left.

I returned on Monday and dealt with a guy who couldn't have been more unhelpful and unenthusiastic. He completely sapped me of any interest.

The next day I arrived for my 10.30am appointment at another dealership. At 11am I told the receptionist I was not going to wait any longer (why make an appt??) and I finally saw a salesman and got to drive the F-Pace at last. I was sent away by the salesman with him telling me to build it online and email the details. I did that by lunchtime that day and have still heard nothing from him. I called yesterday and left a message, he's not returned my call.

So today I returned to the original dealership and, again, no-one was free so I was sent away. I wasn't even offered to wait.

Am I doing something wrong? How can I possibly buy a car if the dealerships don't want to deal with customers? If I just turn up, no-one is free, if I make an appointment, no-one is free. If I wait around, no-one is free.

I briefly considered the Range Rover Velar and they couldn't have been more helpful. What is it about Jaguar dealers? This doesn't fill me with confidence about after sales service either.

I had a very similar experience, It was almost difficult to buy a car off them eventually someone called me back who was very helpful. However, I have since referred two people to the same dealership that I bought my car from and they also had a similar experience to you. Both of them ended up buying BMW's.

I'm now dealing with a handful of faults, including general quality concerns.

Reggraham

Post by Reggraham » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:24 pm

Call jaguar customer relations and tell them, they are very helpful. My dealer although really helpful was unable to get delivery details from Jaguar, however JLR always phoned back when they said they would, they may find you an alternative dealer who is willing to sell you a vehicle, or at least discuss it properly. I’m paying cash for mine, yes they get a kick back from the finance company but I still managed to get a discount. Everyone wants to sell PCP these days and with the ways cars are losing value so quickly you will inevitably lose just as much on PCP as buying cash these days. My last Jaguar was a sport break it had one year left on PCP and was effectively in negative equity. It’s final payment would still have left me in negative equity so I handed back I’ll never buy another car that way you can only put down a small deposit the payments are low but the car is never yours find a dealer who will deal in cash they don’t have to be local I bought my first jags from dealers over 50 miles away near where I was working.
F-Pace Portfolio 25T Yulong While/Light Oyster 20" wheels

DjP

Post by DjP » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:24 am

Similar experience with Sales when I was buying my car. Initial discussions and test drive appointment was poor (I threatened to walk out when the appointment was > 30 mins late - got as far as the door when someone ran after me!) but once I got aligned to a sales person (who understood I wanted to actually buy a car) it was better. Aftersales support has been good too.
I generally don't enjoy buying cars, this experience was no better
DjP

ukrm

Post by ukrm » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:55 pm

Reggraham wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:24 pm
Call jaguar customer relations and tell them, they are very helpful. My dealer although really helpful was unable to get delivery details from Jaguar, however JLR always phoned back when they said they would, they may find you an alternative dealer who is willing to sell you a vehicle, or at least discuss it properly. I’m paying cash for mine, yes they get a kick back from the finance company but I still managed to get a discount. Everyone wants to sell PCP these days and with the ways cars are losing value so quickly you will inevitably lose just as much on PCP as buying cash these days. My last Jaguar was a sport break it had one year left on PCP and was effectively in negative equity. It’s final payment would still have left me in negative equity so I handed back I’ll never buy another car that way you can only put down a small deposit the payments are low but the car is never yours find a dealer who will deal in cash they don’t have to be local I bought my first jags from dealers over 50 miles away near where I was working.
Little tip i received from a salesman, buy the car on finance and pay off in full the following week. You usually get dealer discounts or better offers on finance.

I haven't worked out if this is true but worth a thought.

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”