New to the forum - advice needed

New to the Jaguar F-Pace Forums? Introduce yourself here
MyV6Jag

Re: New to the forum - advice needed

Post by MyV6Jag » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:25 pm

For me the best I get on a motorway trip is 30mpg as opposed to about 13 around town.
I hardly ever put the car in Auto as I just use the paddles.
You get much more instant response from a standstill with the paddles and no lag.
Put it in Sport and Dynamic and use the paddles and you get a a head hitting the headrest rocket with enough pops and crackles to constantly put a smile on my face as well as scaring a few locals, getting appreciation from a few blokes and getting frowned upon by the elderly. All in all I love it!
:o :o :o
Supercharged V6 Petrol, Ammonite Grey, Privacy Glass, Black 22" Double Helix 15 Spoke, Jet/Red Interior, Sliding Panaromic Roof, Black Pack

Craigann B

Post by Craigann B » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:35 pm

20” wheels standard. Just take of from start with an easy throttle but faster than the cars behind using cruse control to the speed limits. Minimum breaking, my dad said every time you brake you are wasting fuel so think ahead. The standard continental tyres are good road holding but in the rain they reduce the mpg by 10 mpg.
Have your cruse control set for 30 in town and use the + to increase to the 60 for single track you are still way ahead of the following cars. I do not hang around very few pass me. But a bit frustrating at 70 on duel carriageways motorway when the white vans are doing 90, but I like to keep a clean licence. Use the sports mode only when the Audi,s come along side when leaving roundabouts..
F-Pace 3Ltr S Italian Racing Red with Black Pack, Cold Pack, Blind Spot, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel, Cup Holder Cover, Panoramic Roof.

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:47 pm

Craigann B wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:35 pm
20” wheels standard. Just take of from start with an easy throttle but faster than the cars behind using cruse control to the speed limits. Minimum breaking, my dad said every time you brake you are wasting fuel so think ahead. The standard continental tyres are good road holding but in the rain they reduce the mpg by 10 mpg.
Have your cruse control set for 30 in town and use the + to increase to the 60 for single track you are still way ahead of the following cars. I do not hang around very few pass me. But a bit frustrating at 70 on duel carriageways motorway when the white vans are doing 90, but I like to keep a clean licence. Use the sports mode only when the Audi,s come along side when leaving roundabouts..
You are a better man than me. Personally I can't resist putting my foot down whenever I get the chance and that explains the difference. I also have 22" wheels which have slightly wider tyres which effect fuel consumption and a skinny spare in the boot.
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

Return to “Introductions”