New to the forum - advice needed

New to the Jaguar F-Pace Forums? Introduce yourself here
Smitten

Re: New to the forum - advice needed

Post by Smitten » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:24 am

jagged wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:37 am
Thank you all for your time and your valuable advice!

I went to test-drive the 25d yesterday. I made sure that it was in dynamic mode as some here suggested.

I think the performance is not bad at all and it would probably be adequate for most people. But while I was driving it, I caught myself thinking that I would like some extra torque from low down (probably a biased kind of thinking because if I didn't know that a 3.0d diesel existed maybe I would be happy with 25d)

Unfortunately there is not 3.0d in stock at the moment so I couldn't compare unfortunately.
Shame you didn't get to drive a 3.0d. Yes there is some turbo lag but you hardly notice it as your driving style adjusts to take it into account and I enjoy that shove as the turbo kicks in. It is significantly smoother than the 25d. Whether it's the peach or not is a matter of personal opinion. I absolutely love driving mine. Smooth, quiet and very powerful when needed. Real world I achieve 24mpg around town and the best I have had is 37mpg at motorway speeds on a 400 mile trip. I once had over 40mpg downhill with a back wind so I don't believe those that claim those as average figures for the 3.0d . 3000 miles on the clock now and no issues. ICTP updated to latest version and works just fine apart from flaky mobile phone app interface with car which is hit and miss....I just run Spotify via Bluetooth instead.
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

June16

Post by June16 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:41 am

No issues on my 2018 model
ICTP (in Control Touch Pro) works really well once upgraded .

Some early models suffered from lack of upgrades to ICTP , but upgrades appeared to have sorted this out for nearly all people.

Later models in all JLR products are better built, be it Landrover or Jaguar , they seem to rush products to the market and then fix /update production in the first 2 years.
So I’d advise a later model if that’s possible.

ICTP is now on all new vehicles in some shape or form , the smaller system ICT ( In Control Touch) is slower to use and has no live traffic updates .

If you do buy make sure all software updates are carried out prior to picking it up.

Happy car hunting.
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

jagged

Post by jagged » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:05 am

Thank you all!
Great advice and information indeed!
I guess I would be better off going for a 2018 model hoping that it will have fewer issues.
Does anyone know when a major facelift is planned? I guess that MY2019 will not be a major facelift.

corriescar66

Post by corriescar66 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:25 pm

Doing a forced back to back test with the 240 hp 4 cyl and the 3.0l V6 diesel, make sure you take out the V6 for test drive before you make your mind up.

It's not about being a boy racer, it's about having a smooth power unit that doesn't keep going off cam every time you slightly back off the throttle.

I'm sure the 4 cylinders would work better with a manual gearbox, but I am very, very glad to see the back of it today, and looking forward to a bit of fun with the 300hp oil burner..

I would say the 180hp diesel is actually better than the 240. It's not trying to be more than it is..
Nov 2016: 3.0 S V6 Supercharged Petrol/Italiana da Corsa Rossa / Jet-Taurus/ 22" Helix etc....

frogmill0

Post by frogmill0 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:54 am

I changed my 180 bhp R-Sport for a 3.0 diesel a couple of months ago and don't regret it.

Circumstances have dictated that I haven't been able to drive it as much as I would have liked but yesterday, after a couple of weeks away without driving at all, I took it for a 50 mile spin just for fun which included the M40 and some nice sweeping A roads. I put it in Dynamic with an occasional venture into Sport + Dynamic.

I'm still smiling!
3.0d 'S' in Rhodium Silver. ICTPro, 825w Meridian, Cold Climate pack, 14 way memory seats, pan roof.

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:27 pm

frogmill0 wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:54 am
I changed my 180 bhp R-Sport for a 3.0 diesel a couple of months ago and don't regret it.

Circumstances have dictated that I haven't been able to drive it as much as I would have liked but yesterday, after a couple of weeks away without driving at all, I took it for a 50 mile spin just for fun which included the M40 and some nice sweeping A roads. I put it in Dynamic with an occasional venture into Sport + Dynamic.

I'm still smiling!
Resonates with me. I still find myself justifying going home the long way round!
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

Deltasierra

Post by Deltasierra » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:11 pm

Smitten wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:27 pm
frogmill0 wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:54 am

I'm still smiling!
Resonates with me. I still find myself justifying going home the long way round!
"Me Too". It's kind of addictive
FPace 3.0D Portfolio Loire Blue, light interior, tow bar. No issues a very good car
Gone F Pace Prestige 2 liter Auto, tow bar, reversing camera, 14 way seats, 18 inch all season tyres
XKR Convertible

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:28 pm

Smitten wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:24 am
jagged wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:37 am
Thank you all for your time and your valuable advice!

I went to test-drive the 25d yesterday. I made sure that it was in dynamic mode as some here suggested.

I think the performance is not bad at all and it would probably be adequate for most people. But while I was driving it, I caught myself thinking that I would like some extra torque from low down (probably a biased kind of thinking because if I didn't know that a 3.0d diesel existed maybe I would be happy with 25d)

Unfortunately there is not 3.0d in stock at the moment so I couldn't compare unfortunately.
Shame you didn't get to drive a 3.0d. Yes there is some turbo lag but you hardly notice it as your driving style adjusts to take it into account and I enjoy that shove as the turbo kicks in. It is significantly smoother than the 25d. Whether it's the peach or not is a matter of personal opinion. I absolutely love driving mine. Smooth, quiet and very powerful when needed. Real world I achieve 24mpg around town and the best I have had is 37mpg at motorway speeds on a 400 mile trip. I once had over 40mpg downhill with a back wind so I don't believe those that claim those as average figures for the 3.0d . 3000 miles on the clock now and no issues. ICTP updated to latest version and works just fine apart from flaky mobile phone app interface with car which is hit and miss....I just run Spotify via Bluetooth instead.
Just a correction on this. I got a shock today when I hit 40mpg on a short A road/B road run. Maybe engine is loosening-up? I was in Eco mode for part in traffic and then normal/sport for A road B road stretch. Not bad at all but low average speed.

20180712_120235.jpg

Craigann B

Post by Craigann B » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:34 pm

I would recommend the 3L Diesel S as it has great performance, smoothness, roadholding and fuel economy. I drive mine in economy most of the time as the performance is stil good with a slip into sports for overtaking. Attached is my best fuel consumption over the past year. Good luck with your search.

C75AC95E-AA31-4F6E-AC85-A0BC45D8C839.jpeg

MY17. F-Pace 3Ltr S Italian Racing Red with Black Pack, Cold Pack, Blind Spot, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel, Cup Holder Cover, Panoramic Roof.

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:09 pm

Craigann B wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:34 pm
I would recommend the 3L Diesel S as it has great performance, smoothness, roadholding and fuel economy. I drive mine in economy most of the time as the performance is stil good with a slip into sports for overtaking. Attached is my best fuel consumption over the past year. Good luck with your search.
Good heavens. I never get anywhere near those figures. What size wheels and tyres are you using? What are your typical journeys?

Return to “Introductions”