JLR You should be Ashamed

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
Matteus F-Pace

Re: JLR You should be Ashamed

Post by Matteus F-Pace » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:50 pm

Sorry to swim against the tide here, but if the problem is fixed, and there are no other issues, might it not be safer to continue with your current car and go for the goodwill gesture? It would be a sickener if you got a replacement which then had a different (possibly even worse/more annoying)fault? I realise you probably feel there's a point of principle here, but ignoring the idiots from CS and GS for a second, it might be worth a rethink?
3.0L SC - Black - Black Pack - Black 22" wheels (20" in winter..) - ICTP - heated steering wheel - memory seat pack for 18 way sports seats - AdSR - 360 Parking Aid - LED headlights - privacy glass

Barthog

Post by Barthog » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:19 am

Hi Matteus
I understand what you are saying and agree if I could be certain it was fixed.
As I thought the previous 6 visits.
What if it’s not fixed again, and in a few weeks reappears do I give it back to them for another 2 months.
When would you draw the line?
Hindsight is a wonderful thing!
M19 3.0 S Caesium Blue, Black Pack, 10 Way/4 way lumbar/ Jet/Light Oyster, 20" Grey Blades, Pano roof, ICT Pro 380W,
Adap Dynamics, Keyless Entry, Rear View Cam, Privacy glass, Heated Screen/Jets, Service/Pack, Apple CarPlay, Tracker,
Born 3/10/18

NEUK

Post by NEUK » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:40 pm

Matteus F-Pace wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:50 pm
Sorry to swim against the tide here, but if the problem is fixed, and there are no other issues, might it not be safer to continue with your current car and go for the goodwill gesture? It would be a sickener if you got a replacement which then had a different (possibly even worse/more annoying)fault? I realise you probably feel there's a point of principle here, but ignoring the idiots from CS and GS for a second, it might be worth a rethink?
The risk with that is that six months passes and the onus will be on the buyer to prove the exisitence of a fault
Vauxhall Nova, Nissan Primera, VW Golf, BMW 3 Series, Porsche Cayman, Aston Martin Vantage, BMW 530D, Jag F Pace. Guess at which point I had a kid :lol:

June16

Post by June16 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:52 pm

Just a thought did you ask if there was any warranty on the repair ?
How long they expect the lubricant to remain effective beforecrequiring to be re applied ?
The name of the lubricant used .......you can then at least check it out yourself....properties etc.
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

Barthog

Post by Barthog » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:12 am

Finally an end to my saga after 18 months ownership.

Car Rejected through Jaguar finance, they were very helpful and understanding.
Collected Wednesday and new MY19 F pace 3.0 S purchased and collected 2 days ago.
All I can say reference Guy Salmon Stockport, Disgusted with the attitude and lack of customer support.
They wouldn’t even respond to JLR Finance!

Thank you everyone for their responses and advice,

Be persistent and you will get the result, might take a while.

I’ll post pictures shortly and differences from my M17 F Pace
M19 3.0 S Caesium Blue, Black Pack, 10 Way/4 way lumbar/ Jet/Light Oyster, 20" Grey Blades, Pano roof, ICT Pro 380W,
Adap Dynamics, Keyless Entry, Rear View Cam, Privacy glass, Heated Screen/Jets, Service/Pack, Apple CarPlay, Tracker,
Born 3/10/18

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:38 am

Glad you finally have the result you wanted. Persistence is clearly the key! Hopefully your ownership experience this time will be everything that it should be. Yes, pictures are obligatory!
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

June16

Post by June16 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:55 am

Barthog wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:12 am

Collected Wednesday and new MY19 F pace 3.0 S purchased and collected 2 days ago.
All I can say reference Guy Salmon Stockport, Disgusted with the attitude and lack of customer support.

Well done, although you should never have had that struggle in the first place.
I often think JLR should put a copy of the consumer rights act in everyone’s boot !

It is without doubt persistence that works , there are many good dealers out there, but there are some truly shocking ones that just hinder the legal process and stamp all over your entitlements. Several dealers just drag it out hoping you’ll just go away.

Hope the new car goes well .
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:51 pm

Glad to hear your issues are resolved and look forward to those images.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

neilox1

Post by neilox1 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:40 pm

Barthog wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:12 am

Hi Barthog, great you got a satisfactory solution. Have read this thread a few times, but couldn’t see what you exact problems were, but I think I may have the same issues - creaking, ticking noises, and rattles in the boot. It’s been back to the dealers 4 times now, going back again on Tuesday. Was it because they couldn’t fix these sorts of issues that you got a replacement? Any advice you could give would be appreciated.
R-Sport 2.0D, corris grey, opening pan roof, ICTP, 18 way seats, LED headlights, folding mirrors

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”