New car delays - WLTP?

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
ajluker

Re: New car delays - WLTP?

Post by ajluker » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:38 pm

I have been told mine should be at the dealer 3rd August for collection 10th. Have asked for a 1st September collection. I was told things slowly starting to move as well. At least it will be a new plate.

AJL

Reggraham

Post by Reggraham » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:31 pm

My dealer hasn’t given me a delivery date just that two week window of when they should be getting delivery. I mine doesn’t get to the dealer till the 6th and I can’t collect it with 3 days I am going to go for a September 1st collection. The dealer will be busy but what the heck I have been messed around so it’s there turn.
F-Pace Portfolio MY19 25T Yulong While/Light Oyster 20" wheels, Park Pack, Drive Pack, Touch Pro nav pack
Range Rover Evoque Dynamic MY15 Firenze Red Black Pack, Park Pack

Reggraham

Post by Reggraham » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:48 pm

I forgot to add we are also being had with the car tax, due to WLTP the CO2 figure for most F-Pace engines has gone up to the next band. For instance my 25T petrol MY18 it was 170 for the MY19 it’s 189 that’s moved up one band for the first year that’s another £300 it has also dropped mpg and lost 0.2 seconds 0-60. That’s probably why they dropped the 3.0V6 supercharged in the UK it’s figures didn’t look good after WLTP adjustments. That’s no the first time they have dropped the 3.0V6 in the UK the first XF was available as 2.8D and 3.0 petrol, it couldn’t match the 3.0D for performance and consumption. Still the ne 3.0 Ingenium should be a lot better.
F-Pace Portfolio MY19 25T Yulong While/Light Oyster 20" wheels, Park Pack, Drive Pack, Touch Pro nav pack

Reggraham

Post by Reggraham » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:11 am

It would be interesting to see how quick they are actually shifting, mine was ordered on the 12th May and Built on the 21st June and I've been given a preliminary date of the 23rd of July to 6th August for delivery to the dealer. No dat given by the dealer for collection as they are just keeping quiet. And how many people are going to push for a 1st September register and collection.

JOCK55

Post by JOCK55 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:13 pm

Well, here's a turn up for the books! I was phoned this afternoon to be advised that my car had been built today!!! It wasn't due for build until 30th July. I now have the VIN and Engine Numbers. I asked when the handover would be and was told it remains as 1st September, although the vehicle will not be delivered to the dealer until 27/08/2018 (was scheduled on 22/08/2018). As most others have been advised, I was told that the newly built vehicle will not be released until August as there are no deliveries of MY2019 vehicles in July. It's going to be very busy at all Jag Dealers come September, as everything from mid June onwards will get delivered in late August/September, all requiring a PDI. Book now if you have a service scheduled for around this time!!!

Jock
ARRIVED - MY19 R-SPORT, Caesium Blue, Ingenium i4 300PS Turbo Petrol, AWD with all the bells and whistles.

Reggraham

Post by Reggraham » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:49 pm

It's funny I'm told by Jaguar customer relations that mine will be with the dealer between the 23rd July and 6th August yet he had already told me that they were not getting any shipments of MY19 cars till August. Jaguar are on shutdown from the 23rd of July until the 6th of August which i bet screws with delivery plans as the whole plant shuts down it's only major maintenance work that generally gets done then such complete line refits etc. My dealer has never actually phoned me with any information at all it has always been me chasing him so that is what I will be doing tomorrow, then I'll chase customer relations again see what they have to say.
Last edited by Reggraham on Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OJH1973

Post by OJH1973 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:59 pm

I’ve heard from my dealer today. My car is due into the dealers on 1 August and is showing on all of the delivery systems as being on track for that - I had over the weekend been informed by them it would be delivered at some point during the window of 23 July and 6 August. Time will tell whether delivery actually takes place on that date. If it’s not then I will defer delivery until September. What disappoints me most about all of this is the lack of direct communication from Jaguar. They were quick to send me a letter and shiny brochure on ordering but when things go wrong - nothing. Anyway, messaging now appears to be broadly consistent based on what others have said here. Remains to be seen whether they are consistently accurate or inaccurate...

Reggraham

Post by Reggraham » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:09 pm

Normally the factory shutdowns means shutdown but maybe due to the backlog they are paying the transport firms to deliver as much as they can during that period we’ll have to see what happens and what rubbish my dealer comes out with tomorrow he should know if a vehicle is being delivered in the next week.

Rusk

Post by Rusk » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:48 pm

Well my F Pace was ordered mid March and fell foul of the MY year changed so was delayed. Then it was back on track with a new spec (and price!) build date etc. More strange silence and slips until my car was finally confirmed as built 9th July but the dealer confirmed I’m on logistics hold. This is because of the WLTP problems. No delievery date yet so I’ve said if it’s any time Aug then I don’t want it till September. Now just waiting to see.

chris

Post by chris » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:44 pm

Factory fortnight shutdowns are primarily aimed at renewal and maintenance of production lines. In my experience working for Tata, it is usually an excellent time of year to catch up on warehousing/ delivery items and clear the decks for the next restart of production. I would not think all delivery staff would be on their annual holidays over this time period, in my case it was frowned upon. ;)
XF Portfolio 2.0d AWD ,Polaris White, Oyster Windsor leather, LEDs, 360 degree cameras Parking Pack, Infotainment Pro, 380w Meridian, cool box, spare wheel, splash guards service pack, Lifetime shine

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”