New car delays - WLTP?

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
Reggraham

Re: New car delays - WLTP?

Post by Reggraham » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:49 pm

I emailed the CEO of JLR to complain about the lack of information, I spoke to my dealer today and what they know is basically the content of my earlier post today. Let’s see what reaction I get from my email over the next few days. It won’t shift the cars any quicker if they are waiting on the VCA and DFT along with the SMMT but if they come out publicly and be honest with customers I don’t see a problem waiting. It’s when you know you are being bulls***ed that people get uptight and rightly so. I will post if and when I get something.
F-Pace Portfolio 25T Yulong While/Light Oyster 20" wheels

JOCK55

Post by JOCK55 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:18 pm

JOCK55 wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:25 pm
I sent the following letter to my dealer on 2nd July:

"I have been advised that my car whilst being built on schedule may not be released because Jaguar hasn’t sorted itself out yet under the new World Harmonised Light Vehicle Test Procedure (WLTP) requirements. This procedure will become mandatory on vehicles registered on or after 1st September 2018. I understand this is something to do with CO2 emissions and their relationship to VED. Apparently no new cars will be released until JLR and all other manufacturers have complied with the new requirements. More information regarding this may be found if you follow this URL: http://www.dft.gov.uk/vca/fcb/wltp.asp

I had a look at the above site and it tells me all the information for a 2018 Model Year F-Pace (under the old Euro6 standard) but there is no data there for the 2019 Model Year which is the standard that my order will be built to (according to the Order Sheet). This leads me to believe that JLR have not completed their testing as yet, or have not verified the new data required with the VCA. This is not a simple process and I would like to know if this may impact the proposed hand-over date of 1st September 2018 to me.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,"

So far this has been met with stoney silence! However, I plan a visit to the dealer tomorrow as it is a bit more difficult to hide when I am standing in front of them!!

Watch this space.

Jock
Saw the dealer's Sales Principal yesterday. He was very apologetic that I had received no reply from them, but the Salesman I had been dealing with was on holiday and had left without switching on the "autoforward" on his email account. He said that there had been some difficulty getting the early build MY2019 models released from the factory due to problems with the VCA (made it sound like VCA were dragging their feet with regard to certifying these vehicles as being compliant with WLTP!). He said this was only a temporary "blip" and that should not affect many vehicles. As far as he was aware, production has not been slowed down. He went on to say that if there were to be any delays, for whatever reason, he would ensure customers were informed. He said he only has 9 customers awaiting delivery of F-Paces in September, so wouldn't be too much of an effort! He was saying all the right things, but had nothing there to back it up. I am afraid that with past experience of JLR dealerships I am sceptical until shown firm evidence. The plot thickens.

Jock
ON ORDER - R-SPORT, Ingenium 2.0 litre 300PS Turbo Petrol, AWD with all the bells and whistles in Caesium Blue. Due in September.

Present - MY15 Range Rover Sport HSE SDV6 in Firenze Red with Santorini Panoramic Roof.

Jags cat

Post by Jags cat » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:45 pm

Don’t think it’s the VCA dragging their heels,.... cannot say without compromising friends and others. However they are working very very long days to try and sort this out! The amount of data and variants is apparently staggering to comprehend. Rescoures are at the limit with holidays being cancelled.

But you are correct, that someone needs to take the blame for this momentous cock up in the planning and delivery of these new rule implementations.
Not saying it’s nothhing to do with VCA at some level,.... just that the people there are working very hard to sort their bit out.

Regards JC.
Arrived,JA65 CAT plate, 2 ltr R-sport,ammonite grey, black pack, pano roof, 22" silver helix alloys, meridian upgrade, black/red interior, mood lighting, full size spare,rear camera, serv pack,H/screen, and anything else I can get pass the wife!

Reggraham

Post by Reggraham » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:26 pm

I agree it’s obvious no one actually fully appreciated how many vehicles of each model would need to be tested under the new rules, for the F-Pace if you take the 3 main infotainment models and the 5 wheel sizes and at least 8 engine variants that is 120 different cars. Who ever came up with this scheme was not thinking straight picking the most common build for each engine variant would have been more sensible. It’s almost certainly more cars than that with all the other electronics that can be added. Then if you take all the JLR cars that’s a lot of cars just for one manufacturer.

OJH1973

Post by OJH1973 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:09 pm

Failing to appreciate the scale of an administrative process such as this is perhaps understandable - it happens frequently in government departments. What is unforgivable is the lack of transparency from jaguar and its dealers. When I called the customer service line they apparently knew nothing about any of this, which if true is hard to fathom. Dealers, if they were aware of this when customers were placing orders in May, should have made potential purchasers aware of the likely delay. And then now it’s all out in the open both jaguar and dealers should be in contact with customers regularly - that’s basic customer service. This isn’t happening. Who knows what they are telling people at their sale weekend today and tomorrow about delivery timeframes. I have no previous experience of jaguar but I naively expected much better service than this. If there’s not definitive progress in the next week or so I’ll be cancelling and looking elsewhere.

Reggraham

Post by Reggraham » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:21 pm

I am waiting to hear what the senior customer representative says Monday but when I spoke to her last week, she asked what information the dealer had given me so I explained that I was aware that WLTP was the route cause but she sort of glossed over that and said she would contact the dealer and get back to me Monday. So I am on tenterhooks I am not holding out any hope of a realistic answer. Good job I emailed the CEO of JLR as well as the head of UK operations.

OJH1973

Post by OJH1973 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:01 pm

Has anybody heard any more in response to their various emails? I’m still in the dark about timeframe for delivery of my already built car.

Reggraham

Post by Reggraham » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:28 pm

I heard back from Jaguar today, basically the delays are caused by WLPT approvals, yes we know, there will be no deliveries in July and they are planned for August. No date in August though I am going to try and get a definitive date but don’t hold out much hope. I’m not expecting to get my car till the 1st September as I don’t expect delivery to be till late August if it happens in August at all.

Reggraham

Post by Reggraham » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:09 pm

Jaguar got back to me yesterday with an update, I have been given a preliminary date for delivery to the dealer between 23rd July and 6th August. I was told that those dates are not set in stone but it does appear that things are starting to move as my dealer was expecting mid to late August. All I can do is hope that it’s the earlier date so I can at least have my car before summer is over.

JOCK55

Post by JOCK55 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:28 pm

I do feel for you Reg, especially after going to the factory and watching the car being built! And you have to pay through the nose for that privilege!!! You would have thought that they would have waited until they were able to give you a definitive date. It is the uncertainty that annoys most folk and adds uncertainty to uncertainty which is simply more unsettling. Surely they can do better than a 2 week window. I am sure they hold THEIR suppliers to far tighter delivery dates.

Now's the time to be discussing compensation for your inconvenience I would have thought. Return of the cost of the factory visit???

Enjoy it when it arrives.

All the best,

Jock
ON ORDER - R-SPORT, Ingenium 2.0 litre 300PS Turbo Petrol, AWD with all the bells and whistles in Caesium Blue. Due in September.

Present - MY15 Range Rover Sport HSE SDV6 in Firenze Red with Santorini Panoramic Roof.

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”