ICTP Patch 4.0

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
lozpace

Re: ICTP Patch 4.0

Post by lozpace » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:57 pm

MJH79 wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:08 pm
I have just had mine updated from v2.5 to v4 and so far it seems better, quicker and much more responsive. However I was expecting to have the text message readout feature which appears to be still missing. I have an iphone 6, does anyone know if you need to do anything to activate the messaging feature? Can anyone else who has v4 installed confirm if the text message readout works?
I’ve not had a message arrive since my upgrade so can’t confirm if it works or not. Make sure you have notifications turned on in your Bluetooth settings on the iphone. Press the i in a circle next to your car in the phones Bluetooth settings and turn on notifications.
F Pace February 2018
2.0 litre 180ps AWD Automaic Portfolio, Santorini Black, 19” 5038 Wheels, Privacy Glass, ICTP 380watt, Heated Steering Wheel, Space Saver Spare, 4 way lumber, InControl Secure Tracker, Service Pack.

Felixstowe

Post by Felixstowe » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:00 pm

Just had my first long trip since my v4 upgrade, all was working well but now I cannot select an album using voice. System repeats what I have asked it to play, then bleeps, then goes back to we’re it was. Car is now parked up so I will try again in the morning to see if it just had a “ brain fa*t” or if I have a problem. Other than that everything including texts and camera seem to be working great
F Pace R-Sport 2.0D AWD, M/Y 18, Black pack, memory seats, Glass roof, ITCP, 22” wheels. plus a few other bits!
Previously:
XF, XE, XJ, S Type and the first car X Type.

corriescar66

Post by corriescar66 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:28 am

June16 wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:55 am
corriescar66 wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:27 am
Katoaristera wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:00 am

I use 64Gb with no problem
Do you know roughly how many songs you have on it?
128G thumb drive with 20.2 G music ripped from iTunes then folders cleaned up , on the latest version of phase 3, works fine to me .
Anything you want me to specifically check for you?

Takes a few mins to load first time , but fine ever since.
I've bought a Patriot Rage 128 GB & loaded 80GB on it to try on the v3.5 equipped XF loaner. First trip, it was picked up as a 'source' but not fully illuminated so couldn't be selected. Second trip it worked, and with a bit of hesitation it started a shuffle complete with the correct artwork.

Will see what happens on restart later today. If it works, I will drop it off at dealer on Monday & see how it performs on mine.

I will not accept the argument coming from JLR that the USB can only cope with 3GB of media - clearly many on here use far more successfully.

I've tried a Samsung USB 3.0 Ultra Fit & Corsair 3.0 and all have the same problems even with 10GB on them.

I bought an iphone 6S with 128GB to use as an ipod, which works most of the time, but that's not the point. I don't see why the basic ICT can cope fine with ipod classics and the newer software on Crapple devices, yet not the all singing ICTP....

June16

Post by June16 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:58 pm

corriescar66 wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:28 am
June16 wrote:
corriescar66 wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:27 am

Do you know roughly how many songs you have on it?
128G thumb drive with 20.2 G music ripped from iTunes then folders cleaned up , on the latest version of phase 3, works fine to me .

I've bought a Patriot Rage 128 GB & loaded 80GB on it to try on the v3.5 equipped XF loaner. First trip, it was picked up as a 'source' but not fully illuminated so couldn't be selected. Second trip it worked, and with a bit of hesitation it started a shuffle complete with the correct artwork.

Will see what happens on restart later today. If it works, I will drop it off at dealer on Monday & see how it performs on mine.

I will not accept the argument coming from JLR that the USB can only cope with 3GB of media - clearly many on here use far more successfully.

I've tried a Samsung USB 3.0 Ultra Fit & Corsair 3.0 and all have the same problems even with 10GB on them.

I bought an iphone 6S with 128GB to use as an ipod, which works most of the time, but that's not the point. I don't see why the basic ICT can cope fine with ipod classics and the newer software on Crapple devices, yet not the all singing ICTP....
If you copy new music to the USB , it’s better to rip the whole usb again ...bit of a pain , but it seems to cope with the indexing of said usb better.
I think it may run out of indexing space if you keep adding and changing the contents of the stick , this is only a guess from the symptoms I’ve seen when adding new albums. So every month I rip the lot again and tidy the folders to remove things like memos and system folders and music vids ( music vids do play though 😀)
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

Felixstowe

Post by Felixstowe » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:16 pm

I’m afraid my v4 will have to go back to “the doctor” won’t play music on voice commands and if I select it manually it starts to play ok but at the end of the track it picks the next song at random, very strange that didn’t happen with v3. Other than that the rest of the system seems to work fine
F Pace R-Sport 2.0D AWD, M/Y 18, Black pack, memory seats, Glass roof, ITCP, 22” wheels. plus a few other bits!
Previously:

corriescar66

Post by corriescar66 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:26 pm

June16 wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:58 pm
corriescar66 wrote:
June16 wrote:

If you copy new music to the USB , it’s better to rip the whole usb again ...bit of a pain , but it seems to cope with the indexing of said usb better.
I think it may run out of indexing space if you keep adding and changing the contents of the stick , this is only a guess from the symptoms I’ve seen when adding new albums. So every month I rip the lot again and tidy the folders to remove things like memos and system folders and music vids ( music vids do play though 😀)
It was a brand new one..... So far, after initial refusal to allow it to be used at all, had two incidences where it forgot where it left off, but unlike previous attempts since 3.0, you just had to press shuffle & 'next track' & it was fine...

Going to drop the stick off at the dealer to see what my car makes of it...

June16

Post by June16 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:10 pm

Felixstowe wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:16 pm
I’m afraid my v4 will have to go back to “the doctor” won’t play music on voice commands and if I select it manually it starts to play ok but at the end of the track it picks the next song at random, very strange that didn’t happen with v3. Other than that the rest of the system seems to work fine
You haven’t hit the shuffle button at some time ?
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

June16

Post by June16 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:14 pm

corriescar66 wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:26 pm
June16 wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:58 pm
corriescar66 wrote:

It was a brand new one..... So far, after initial refusal to allow it to be used at all, had two incidences where it forgot where it left off, but unlike previous attempts since 3.0, you just had to press shuffle & 'next track' & it was fine...

Going to drop the stick off at the dealer to see what my car makes of it...
Hope it works
Yes the starting where it left off is annoying on 2.5 when your playing an audio book and stop for fuel , but since 3 that hasn’t happened ( fingers crossed).

Felixstowe

Post by Felixstowe » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:03 pm

No unfortunately not June16, if i actually manage to get the system to select music by voice control when it asks me to "select a track or play all" it actually tries to list the album songs. Unfortunately when it lists the album tracks it just shows the first track duplicated several times.
Again if i select an album manually it starts by playing the first track, then jumps to 3, 5 7 etc then goes back to the middle and jumps forward two tracks at a time. (i don't think its very well) :lol:
Previously:

June16

Post by June16 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:06 am

Gosh that doesn’t sound very well at all 😳

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”