The dangers of over reading

New to the Jaguar F-Pace Forums? Introduce yourself here
OJH1973

The dangers of over reading

Post by OJH1973 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:50 pm

Hi All

Waiting arrival of my first ever Jaguar. Build date is 22/06 so fingers crossed it’s with me for early July. I’ve read many of the posts on the forum but don’t know if anyone has reviewed/received the MY19 FPace yet. I’ve read the horror stories of rejected cars, failing infotainment and squeaky bits... of previous versions. I am in no way doubting my decision. I test drove the usual competition and the FPace was, at least for me, streets ahead in style and enjoyment. But, I’m just wondering if any of the problems so many have talked about have a chance of being sorted with the new MY19 releases?

Smitten

Re: The dangers of over reading

Post by Smitten » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:32 pm

OJH1973 wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:50 pm
Hi All

Waiting arrival of my first ever Jaguar. Build date is 22/06 so fingers crossed it’s with me for early July. I’ve read many of the posts on the forum but don’t know if anyone has reviewed/received the MY19 FPace yet. I’ve read the horror stories of rejected cars, failing infotainment and squeaky bits... of previous versions. I am in no way doubting my decision. I test drove the usual competition and the FPace was, at least for me, streets ahead in style and enjoyment. But, I’m just wondering if any of the problems so many have talked about have a chance of being sorted with the new MY19 releases?
More recent builds seem to have been having many less issues than earlier models. Mine was an April build pretty much the last of the MY18's. The only things I have had are an update to my ICTP software (it wasn't bad before but it is quicker/slicker now) and my exhaust tailpipes were adjusted in situ as one chrome finisher was sticking out 3cm further than the other. Be interesting to see what version of ICTP is fitted on MY19's - is it the 3.5 Helmet Edition that many have upgraded to or a newer version still?

Overall, I can't fault the build quality and finish on my car other than needing that minor adjustment to the tail pipe. Mechanically no issues and 2,500 miles driven. Absolutely love it and makes me grin every time I drive :D

Catwoman told me that build dates quoted are the last day of the week of the build so your car could started as early as Saturday 16th and be completed as early as Monday 18th assuming a 3 day build process. I had a build date of 13/4 but it was delivered to the dealer the following Thursday just 6 working days later so hopefully yours will be quick as well. Not long to wait now ;)

It is obligatory to tell us your spec and post some pictures when it arrives please - we are all so nosy :lol:
3.0 diesel S, 22" rims, Santorini black, black pck, LEDs, Priv, 350W, Control Pro, Ebony/Oyster, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline....build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

nphe9974

Post by nphe9974 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:43 pm

From personal experience, the only issue I had was with the ICTP which after 12 months was really spoiling my enjoyment of the car. The latest update though has pretty much sorted the issues and as long as you get the latest version I’m sure you’ll be fine.
F-Pace 3.0 d S, Ammonite Grey, ICTP

catwoman

Post by catwoman » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:35 pm

Hello OJH1973, welcome to the forum. Don't panic, I'm sure your car will be just fine . . the vast majority are, even from the earlier production batches . . mine has been completely trouble free for two years. Forums are always full of horror stories.

We need more information from you, spec, colour, options, etc. . . what have you gone for?
8-) . . since July '16: 2.0d R-Sport, AWD, Ammonite + Blk Pk, Jet/Red

OJH1973

Post by OJH1973 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:29 pm

Thanks everyone - nervousness allayed. I’m super excited about the car. I became impatient for its arrival within a minute of leaving the Sevenoaks dealer - excellent service by Darryl there by the way - so the prospect of it arriving shortly is making me even more restless.

We are getting the 2 litre petrol r sport in Loire blue with panoramic roof, full memory seats, digital driver display and enhanced sound system and an activity key (not because we are routinely surfing as the advert suggests but because my wife is far less likely to lose something attached to her wrist). We are giving up a Lexus hybrid in return so the contrast will be interesting.

My eldest son is excited by the big reveal on collection. I might have missold it as he is anticipating a super hero swooping in with the car on their back. Got to get him interested somehow...

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:54 pm

Reading can be good but can also put doubts in your head like you say.

As stated by Catwomen above the main reason people join forums like this is due to issues, I am sure there are hundreds of people who have had issues, i have.

But there are also hundreds who have trouble free motoring.

I would not get to worried about your car as you may like many others have a trouble free car, until it arrives your have to go through what all of us did, that wait period till it arrives, once it arrives i am sure your be overjoyed.

Fingers crossed for you that you get a good one as trust me if mine did not have issues it would still be outside my house, they are a great car.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

jmb

Post by jmb » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:02 pm

Hi OJ ,

I got my F Pace from the same 7oaks dealership ( Martin) - the reveal bit is quite fun. Their service is excellent.

James

Return to “Introductions”