Weird sequel !!!

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
Jags cat

Weird sequel !!!

Post by Jags cat » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:31 pm

Hi all , seems my cat has an issue,.... when I steer right In have a very loud squeal from the left side of the car. Slow , fast slight turn or full lock doesn’t matter as soon as you start to turn right off it goes.

Booked in for tomorrow afternoon to be inspected at dealer. Wheel bearing maybe steering pump leak ? Can’t seem to say if it’s front or back as it’s quite loud when driving with the windows down

Regards JC.
Arrived,JA65 CAT plate, 2 ltr R-sport,ammonite grey, black pack, pano roof, 22" silver helix alloys, meridian upgrade, black/red interior, mood lighting, full size spare,rear camera, serv pack,H/screen, and anything else I can get pass the wife!

Jags cat

Re: Weird sequel !!!

Post by Jags cat » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:38 pm

Apologies administrators,... it would appear my topic duplicated,.. fat finger issues or software glitch.... pretty sure I only pressed submit once!!

Regards JC.
Arrived,JA65 CAT plate, 2 ltr R-sport,ammonite grey, black pack, pano roof, 22" silver helix alloys, meridian upgrade, black/red interior, mood lighting, full size spare,rear camera, serv pack,H/screen, and anything else I can get pass the wife!

Jags cat

Post by Jags cat » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:14 pm

Also now on full left lock!!!!....... differential? Oh dear let’s hope not🤦‍♂️

JC.

Hydrajaws

Post by Hydrajaws » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:12 pm

Drive shaft or bearing more likely than the diff.. Fingers crossed for you.
Regretfully 2 Rejected F Paces behind me but now happily driving a 2018. 2.0 D 240 AWD XF Sportbrake in caesium blue.
Summer car 2006 XK 4.2 Convertible.

catwoman

Post by catwoman » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:29 pm

Jags cat wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:38 pm
Apologies administrators,... it would appear my topic duplicated,.. fat finger issues or software glitch.... pretty sure I only pressed submit once!!
Sorted it for you Jagscat, duplicated post removed . . . and would I be correct in thinking the topic title should be Weird Squeal instead of "Weird sequel" . . . autocorrect strikes again eh . . . unless it is a sequel, in which case, sequel to what? :D

Anyway, hope you get your weird squeal problem solved ;)
8-) . . been enjoying since July '16, 2.0d R-Sport, Ammonite + Black Pack, Jet/Red interior and a few useful options

Jags cat

Post by Jags cat » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:12 pm

Have just returned from dealers,.... much to everyone’s relief it turned out to be a small stone caught up in the steering mechanism - near the wheel,....apparently it was so muddy in some places that they ended up having to jet wash the underside of the car to fully inspect for any damage or other interfering debris. I unfortunately didn’t get to see exactly where it was rubbing or I would have liked to take a photo for info on here!!

I am usually quite good at cleaning the car,... ok ok !!....when I do clean it, and make note of cleaning in the wheel arch areas and suspension that I can see, even carefully putting the lance through the 22” helix wheels nice big wheels gaps in order to get as much shi* out as possible.
So as quiet as a church mouse again squeak squeak 🐁

Many thanks to Taunton Jaguar for prompt and efficient and polite service as usual and they even cleaned all of the car before handing back the keys.

Regards JC.

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”