Longest your car has been in the Dealer

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
Barthog

Longest your car has been in the Dealer

Post by Barthog » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:36 pm

On Thursday it will be 5 weeks since I dropped it Off anyone waited longer?
Still no idea on resolution.
Due March,Ebony Black,10 Way Jet/Light Oyster,20" Grey Blades,Pano roof/Gloss Black,ICT Pro 380W,Adap Dynam,Pract Pack,Keyless Entry,Rear View Cam,Config Mood Lighting,priv glass,Hted Scrn/Jets,350mm Brakes,S/saver,cup holder,Serv/Pack.Activity Key.

June16

Re: Longest your car has been in the Dealer

Post by June16 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:19 pm

If that’s for body creak it will take some time as I believe they have to strip it down and prise apart the panels that are rubbing.

Several Discovery Sports had panel creak going over humps and on inclines, it was a huge bone of contention and resulted in many rejections, as first fix attempts failed. Some of those took 7 weeks
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

Barthog

Post by Barthog » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:59 pm

Exactly 5th visit, Boot and Doors been open most of the day now locked up and alarmed.
1st bit of work in nearly a week.
Due March,Ebony Black,10 Way Jet/Light Oyster,20" Grey Blades,Pano roof/Gloss Black,ICT Pro 380W,Adap Dynam,Pract Pack,Keyless Entry,Rear View Cam,Config Mood Lighting,priv glass,Hted Scrn/Jets,350mm Brakes,S/saver,cup holder,Serv/Pack.Activity Key.

June16

Post by June16 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:23 pm

I would have rejected it on first fail of fix , get it replaced.
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

K187

Post by K187 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:07 pm

And who’s paying for the depreciation while you’re not driving it?!

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:05 pm

My car spent more time at the dealer then with me and that’s why it’s gone, felt like a loan car the amount of time I had it, did get to drive every model from the Jaguar range whilst it spent weeks and months at the dealers.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

Hydrajaws

Post by Hydrajaws » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:34 pm

My Daughters Range Rover Velar has just been returned from the dealer after 8 weeks off the road. Balance shaft and bearings had to be replaced after only 7000 miles to cure one of the well known problem with the Ingenium engine which meant removing it from the car. Oil leaks after rebuilding the engine were found to be traced to an assembly problem at the time of manufacture.JLR would not authorise a new engine 8 weeks ago but It seems the policy has now changed regarding stripping engines to address the balance shaft problem so if the problem with the Velar returns hopefully a new engine would be fitted.Quality is definitely not a strong point on JLR products at the momemt so how much longer can they continue without seriously addressing this serious issue. The dealer is now trying to get some compensation from JLR for unnecessary problems they have had to deal with.
2 Rejected F Paces behind me and now happily driving a 2018. 2.0 D 240 AWD XF Sportbrake in caesium blue.
2006 XK 4.2 Convertible. 1965 Daimler 2.5 V8 .

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”