Car has arrived early into dealership and I must collect before end of month

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
F-Pace Scott

Car has arrived early into dealership and I must collect before end of month

Post by F-Pace Scott » Wed May 16, 2018 5:38 pm

The dealership rang today to say that my F-Pace is ready for early collection on Monday 21st May.
A few weeks ago I was told hand over would be end of May or June 3rd.

The problem is im not able to collect it until early June, around Monday 4th or a few days later.
The dealer is saying it has to be collected this month (I guess for their monthly sales figures)
I wasn’t expecting it to arrive early, the dealer has offered to deliver the car to my house this month to make things a bit easier for me but unfortunately that’s of no help as I will be working away from home.

Does anyone know where I stand? What would happen to the car if I fail to collect it by the end of May?

I think im a bit unlucky that the original expected handover is in a week that ends one month and begins the next. I imagine if the car had arrived in the dealership in the first few days of June they would have been more accommodating with a suitable date for collection.

I would appreciate any advise.
F-PACE S 3.0 V6 Petrol, Red, Sunroof, Red & Black Leather, Oyster headlining, Rear seat release leavers.

Smitten

Re: Car has arrived early into dealership and I must collect before end of month

Post by Smitten » Wed May 16, 2018 5:41 pm

You are the customer...
3.0 diesel S, 22" rims, Santorini black, black pck, LEDs, Priv, 350W, Control Pro, Ebony/Oyster, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline....build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

catwoman

Re: Car has arrived early into dealership and I must collect before end of month

Post by catwoman » Wed May 16, 2018 5:54 pm

Smitten wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 5:41 pm
You are the customer...
Absolutely! . . . you hold all the cards, do not pay any balance or sign any payment agreements until you are ready to do so, tell them when you are going to collect it and they have no choice but to accept that. You have a contract with them to purchase on the basis you were told when you paid your deposit. What can they do?, they cannot sell your car to someone else, if that's what you're worried about, otherwise they would be in breach of the sales contract. It's not your fault if the car has arrived early. You have no obligation to take the car early just because it suits their sales figures.
8-) . . since July '16: 2.0d R-Sport, AWD, Ammonite + Blk Pk, Jet/Red

Bluefire65

Post by Bluefire65 » Wed May 16, 2018 6:03 pm

Just one word of caution; if the deal included a Dealer/Jaguar contribution to a finance agreement, make sure the offer does not expire on 31/5.

Otherwise, read the T&As attached to the Sales Invoice for any conditions attached to handover.
(Edited to add following)

Just checked my T&Cs and there is a 14 day delivery timescale from the point that they call me to confirm that it is available for delivery. The penalty is cancellation of contract or the right to charge storage fees. I guess it's a game of bluff.
25T AWD R-Sport, Fuji White/Pimento + Black Side Vents, 18 way seats, BLISS, Surround Cameras, bits & bobs ordered.

Andrewdevon

Post by Andrewdevon » Wed May 16, 2018 6:58 pm

If you pick it up at the end of the month you will be paying for a full months road tax as it’s always backdated to the start of the month the car is registered. This means you will drive away with only 11 months road tax having paid for 12 months. You should always buy at the start of the month to make sure you get 12 months road tax.
E Pace P250 R Dynamic HSE

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Wed May 16, 2018 7:10 pm

Your the customer, you could always take your business else where.

Tell them your not take it this month due to the road tax issues or if you can make some sort of arrangements tell them your take it if they make it worth your while, discounts ect ect.

They will not cancel your order as they will have another car in there stock they would have to move on, your the customer and hold the cards.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

F-Pace Scott

Post by F-Pace Scott » Wed May 16, 2018 9:15 pm

Bluefire65 wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 6:03 pm
Just one word of caution; if the deal included a Dealer/Jaguar contribution to a finance agreement, make sure the offer does not expire on 31/5.

Otherwise, read the T&As attached to the Sales Invoice for any conditions attached to handover.
(Edited to add following)

Just checked my T&Cs and there is a 14 day delivery timescale from the point that they call me to confirm that it is available for delivery. The penalty is cancellation of contract or the right to charge storage fees. I guess it's a game of bluff.
The car is a finance agreement. It says on the order form there is a jaguar retailer contribution of £3,600. It doesn't say anywhere the amount is a contribution to a finance agreement or any mention of an expiry date. The only contribution on the order form is £1,000 from the finance company with no expiry date.

I have just checked my T&Cs regarding what you mentioned about a 14 day delivery timescale and mine is worded the same. If I understand correctly the 14 day timescale for collection starts from today as that is when they phoned me and not from the date of delivery 21st May.
14 Days from the phone call today is 30th May. That is still to early for me to collect so I will have to wait and see if they will charge me for storage or if they cancel the contract.
F-PACE S 3.0 V6 Petrol, Red, Sunroof, Red & Black Leather, Oyster headlining, Rear seat release leavers.

F-Pace Scott

Post by F-Pace Scott » Wed May 16, 2018 9:20 pm

Andrewdevon wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 6:58 pm
If you pick it up at the end of the month you will be paying for a full months road tax as it’s always backdated to the start of the month the car is registered. This means you will drive away with only 11 months road tax having paid for 12 months. You should always buy at the start of the month to make sure you get 12 months road tax.
Thanks for the advise about the road tax, that was something i hadn't thought about. This is my first new car purchase, im so excited i overlooked buying at the start of a month. Its good advise like this i can learn from for all future new cars.

Hydrajaws

Post by Hydrajaws » Wed May 16, 2018 9:21 pm

Just politely(or otherwise) tell your dealer that the car must not be registered and taxed before the 1st June and you will collect at a date to suit you. If they insist on the May date just tell them that you will cancel and that you will inform Jaguar CRC of your action due to their iillegal inflexability.
2 Rejected F Paces behind me and now happily driving a 2018. 2.0 D 240 AWD XF Sportbrake in caesium blue.
2006 XK 4.2 Convertible. 1965 Daimler 2.5 V8 .

June16

Post by June16 » Wed May 16, 2018 9:26 pm

I would just be nice to them and explain you really can’t pick it up or have it delivered as you are not avalaible till June 4th onwards.
I’d request they don’t register it till June so you don’t lose a months tax too .
Always best to be honest, be nice , your more likely to get the answer you want.

If no go see hydrajaws comment above 😀
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”