Tom Tom in dash navigation

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
Frostie

Re: Tom Tom in dash navigation

Post by Frostie » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:19 pm

Is there a free trial or is it just a roll of the dice & upfront payment?
R Sport, 20d, Ultimate Black, InControl Touch

Frostie

Post by Frostie » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:17 pm

Took a punt & really not impressed.

I usually listen to DAB or Bluetooth audio but as soon as the TomTom speaks an instruction the sound cuts out completely!
Surely you don't have to just drive in silence!??
R Sport, 20d, Ultimate Black, InControl Touch

JagPilot

Post by JagPilot » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:28 pm

In my case I found that if you played your media from your phone it sort of worked. However the balance of volume between the TomTom voice and my music was so far apart it was unusable. As I have my phone on display in a holder I disabled the media via Bluetooth on it and only allowed Bluetooth for calls. That meant the TomTom voice came from the phone speaker and I could listen to whatever I wanted on the car. A little bit of juggling with volumes worked fine. OK not of any use if your phone is in the armrest out of sight!

Another couple of niggles was that unlike the inbuilt car navigation and In-dash running on the phone but not connected to the car you can send an estimated arrival message to any of your contacts. While running through ICTP you can't. Finally you can't have your GPS speed displayed on ICTP but you can while running purely on the phone. In fact while running purely on the phone In-Dash is identical to TomTom Go mobile.
F-Pace 3.0l SC Petrol, Polaris White, Brogue Taurus Sports Leather, 20" 5 Spoke Grey Blade Wheels, Panoramic Roof, ICTP 825W, Park Assist, LED Headlights, Privacy Glass, Mood Lighting, ASR.

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”