Tom Tom in dash navigation

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
Smitten

Re: Tom Tom in dash navigation

Post by Smitten » Wed May 16, 2018 11:22 pm

I think the Apple version of an app usually takes more time to be approved than the android which might explain the delay
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

Djmc321

Post by Djmc321 » Fri May 18, 2018 12:49 am

Tried using the Sygic app again today and it took a really long time to lock a GPS signal, and also wasn't particularly accurate at times. It made me think whether for these 3rd party Nav apps whether it uses the GPS aerial in the car or the phone? If the latter then that's going to struggle if phone is designed to be plugged in and left in the centre console?
S V6 Petrol, Indus Silver, Black Pack, ICTP, 20" Black 5031, Sliding Pano roof, privacy glass, Adsr, Blind spot.

Markotley

Post by Markotley » Fri May 18, 2018 7:21 am

Initial test using the tomtom app not good as it keeps crashing.
3L Supercharged - Pro Touch - 20" Venom Wheels - Adaptive Cruise + Queue - Adaptive Surface Response - Surround Cameras -Head Up - Prac. Pack - Ultimate Black - Heated Steering Wheel - LED Lights

Frostie

Post by Frostie » Tue May 29, 2018 9:08 pm

Markotley wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 7:21 am
Initial test using the tomtom app not good as it keeps crashing.
Any updates on your testing?
Or has anyone else tried it yet?

I'm irritated by the stock Nav system after just 6 weeks of ownership so definitely tempted by this Tomtom app if it's any good?
R Sport, 20d, Ultimate Black, InControl Touch

Markotley

Post by Markotley » Wed May 30, 2018 6:36 am

Hi Frostie
I will try it again today on the way to the gym and let you know. Regards Mark.
3L Supercharged - Pro Touch - 20" Venom Wheels - Adaptive Cruise + Queue - Adaptive Surface Response - Surround Cameras -Head Up - Prac. Pack - Ultimate Black - Heated Steering Wheel - LED Lights

Markotley

Post by Markotley » Thu May 31, 2018 1:43 pm

TomTom nav app works fine now but can’t guess as to how good it is until I do run ( tomorrow ) from Suffolk over to Bishops Stortford when I may get some feedback from it.

Frostie

Post by Frostie » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:13 pm

Brilliant, cheers Mark.

The base ICT Nav is infuriating, totally missed an accident on M1 & a backlog stretching 3 junctions this week 🙄
R Sport, 20d, Ultimate Black, InControl Touch

Markotley

Post by Markotley » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:50 am

I have to say the app worked fine although I did end up in some traffic on the A120 around the Freeport area but there is very little the nav can do about this section to reroute the journey. I will continue to try it and if possible run a route on both to compare. Regards Mark.

billwright

Post by billwright » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:34 am

Hi

Could I ask if there are voice commands from the app through the car speakers? Trying the Sygic app and have no sound at all

Markotley

Post by Markotley » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:22 am

Hi billwright. The voice commands do come through the car speakers. 😀

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”