Tom Tom in dash navigation

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
Smitten

Tom Tom in dash navigation

Post by Smitten » Tue May 15, 2018 11:13 pm

Saw this new app pop up in Jaguar Apps on the phone. Anyone got any experience with it or used it? It's not a free app but claims to be optimised for InControl...
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

Djmc321

Re: Tom Tom in dash navigation

Post by Djmc321 » Wed May 16, 2018 7:53 am

Shame there's no trial version.

My in car navigation has stopped working ('Navigation Not Available') so in the meantime are trying out the Sygic app trial on Android. It's pretty frustrating experience compared to a native ICTP app. Phone connection to drive the experience seems fragile, and the voice turn notifications force the car into Bluetooth every time, and you have to manually switch back to radio. I'd pay a premium and put up with those hassles for Waze integration, but not sure there'd be a benefit over the default Nav app here.

Great to see that JLP are signing on new partners at least. Still holding out hope for Android Auto/CarPlay in the long run though!
S V6 Petrol, Indus Silver, Black Pack, ICTP, 20" Black 5031, Sliding Pano roof, privacy glass, Adsr, Blind spot.

June16

Post by June16 » Wed May 16, 2018 8:40 am

Djmc321 wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 7:53 am
Shame there's no trial version.

My in car navigation has stopped working ('Navigation Not Available') so in the meantime are trying out the Sygic app trial on Android. It's pretty frustrating experience compared to a native ICTP app. Phone connection to drive the experience seems fragile, and the voice turn notifications force the car into Bluetooth every time, and you have to manually switch back to radio. I'd pay a premium and put up with those hassles for Waze integration, but not sure there'd be a benefit over the default Nav app here.

Great to see that JLP are signing on new partners at least. Still holding out hope for Android Auto/CarPlay in the long run though!
Hi
Have you had the latest software update for ICTP?
This seems to have sorted out most of the troubles with the ICTP system.

Touch wood, so far mine is behaving perfectly.
The latest software update came out in April.
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

mike72uk

Post by mike72uk » Wed May 16, 2018 2:58 pm

I've just checked my Jaguar Apps app and can't see Tom Tom in there anywhere, just Sygic and Genius in terms of Nav/mapping options
25t R-Sport AWD Auto (Corris + Ebony/Lt Oyster Stitch) - MY18
20" Venom's; Black Pack; 18-way Mem Seats; ICTP; Cold Climate pack; Adaptive LED's; Privacy; Pano Roof; Adaptive Cruise; Tow Bar; Surround Cam; Blind Spot, Keyless; Config Dynamics;

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Wed May 16, 2018 3:11 pm

mike72uk wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 2:58 pm
I've just checked my Jaguar Apps app and can't see Tom Tom in there anywhere, just Sygic and Genius in terms of Nav/mapping options
Wasn't there on mine a week ago but scrolled to the bottom of the page last night and there was the app marked as "new" just below Genius
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Wed May 16, 2018 3:15 pm

Smitten wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 3:11 pm
mike72uk wrote:
Wasn't there on mine a week ago but scrolled to the bottom of the page last night and there was the app marked as "new" just below Genius
I should add it's Android links to Google Play store

Markotley

Post by Markotley » Wed May 16, 2018 4:04 pm

I’ll buy it just for fun and let the group know what I think. I will use it on known routes to test it.
3L Supercharged - Pro Touch - 20" Venom Wheels - Adaptive Cruise + Queue - Adaptive Surface Response - Surround Cameras -Head Up - Prac. Pack - Ultimate Black - Heated Steering Wheel - LED Lights

Djmc321

Post by Djmc321 » Wed May 16, 2018 6:46 pm

June16 wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 8:40 am

I've got V3 (helmet icon) if that's what you mean, that indeed fixed a bunch of problems for me like remote start. I updated the maps from the Here website also and had everything including voice address search working. But now it's as if the entire Nav app (it runs on-top the ICTP OS rather than being directly part of it) appears to be completely missing. So I think a fresh ICTP update/reinstall is indeed needed.

I wish there was a way to do this from home, I'd be more than comfortable tapping some command lines via the ODB port if that's what it took. Instead I have to wait 1 MONTH before my dealer has Service availability.
S V6 Petrol, Indus Silver, Black Pack, ICTP, 20" Black 5031, Sliding Pano roof, privacy glass, Adsr, Blind spot.

June16

Post by June16 » Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Djmc321 wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 6:46 pm
June16 wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 8:40 am

I've got V3 (helmet icon) if that's what you mean, that indeed fixed a bunch of problems for me like remote start. I updated the maps from the Here website also and had everything including voice address search working. But now it's as if the entire Nav app (it runs on-top the ICTP OS rather than being directly part of it) appears to be completely missing. So I think a fresh ICTP update/reinstall is indeed needed.

I wish there was a way to do this from home, I'd be more than comfortable tapping some command lines via the ODB port if that's what it took. Instead I have to wait 1 MONTH before my dealer has Service availability.
Ah I see , that’s not good , yes it would be good to be able to update things like a ICTP over the air too. I mean Tesla updated their engines to give extended range bin order to help folks escape the fires , the technology is available.
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

mike72uk

Post by mike72uk » Wed May 16, 2018 11:18 pm

Smitten wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 3:15 pm
Smitten wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 3:11 pm
mike72uk wrote:
I should add it's Android links to Google Play store
That might be the issue...nothing showing on iOS/Apple platform !
25t R-Sport AWD Auto (Corris + Ebony/Lt Oyster Stitch) - MY18
20" Venom's; Black Pack; 18-way Mem Seats; ICTP; Cold Climate pack; Adaptive LED's; Privacy; Pano Roof; Adaptive Cruise; Tow Bar; Surround Cam; Blind Spot, Keyless; Config Dynamics;

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”