ICTP and InControl Apps

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
DjP

ICTP and InControl Apps

Post by DjP » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:08 am

Hi
While my car is in getting “helmeted” I have a Discovery on loan. It has ICTP and of course has none of the issues I have with playing media from my phone (same phone, cable etc).
So given most things are the same, I’m looking for differences. Does anyone use / not use InControl apps and do you have them set to auto start? I’m thinking that they might be “fighting” with the phone somehow...
Maybe grasping at straws, but keen to resolve the problem in my car...
Thanks!
DjP

redonebe

Re: ICTP and InControl Apps

Post by redonebe » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:58 am

DjP wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:08 am
Hi
While my car is in getting “helmeted” I have a Discovery on loan. It has ICTP and of course has none of the issues I have with playing media from my phone (same phone, cable etc).
So given most things are the same, I’m looking for differences. Does anyone use / not use InControl apps and do you have them set to auto start? I’m thinking that they might be “fighting” with the phone somehow...
Maybe grasping at straws, but keen to resolve the problem in my car...
Thanks!
DjP
I don't have the InControl apps on my ICTP and have also problems playing media from my iPhone 6. (screen freezes, everything freezes, USB connection not recognized etc. )
2.0D Prestige, Ultimate Black, Jet, Intouch Pro , privacy, 18" Lightweight 15, cup holder cover....,

Mr Choppie

Re: ICTP and InControl Apps

Post by Mr Choppie » Thu May 10, 2018 10:02 am

Music on incontrol app used to work fine with iphone connected via USB, but after the first ICTP upgrade it would never connect and I had to hard boot the iphone so i could use it again. After the latest ICTP upgrade a month ago I have deleted the incontrol app since the media upgrade on the car means I can do all the searches etc. that I could do previously on the app. Seems the ICTP system is replacing the app.