It’s been an experience

The place to discuss everything else..
Renesis

It’s been an experience

Post by Renesis » Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:51 pm

Hello All

Well enough is enough and yesterday I sold my FPace after just 12 months of ownership.

This was the first new car I’d ever brought and a budget buster to buy what was supposed to be my dream car. It’s turned out I be a real disappointment and I had gotten seriously fed up with the constant reminder of it everytime I got in the car. When people commented on the car instead of telling them how great it was I found myself pointing out all the issues I have endured.

I will miss it’s great looks as it’s by far one of the best looking cars ever built. I will also miss it’s agility and pace when in dynamic for such a big car.

Just like to say thank you to the members on this forum who have offered their help and advice over the last year. I’ve found this to be a really great forum.

Best of luck to you all and hope you have many happy years of FPacing

The Replacement is an XC90 RDesign Pro which is a different beast but great for the family and comfort

Thanks
Matthew

EF663BBD-CD67-499F-9E29-BDCA638CB8EE.jpeg

Italian Racing Red 3.0d S

Deltasierra

Re: It’s been an experience

Post by Deltasierra » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:36 pm

My sympathy I would have probably done the same except that the FPace fitted my needs exactly and I have had a Jag of one sort or another for 25 yrs. I was lucky and got a rejection through on the first one, the 3.0D I have now is one of the good ones, not a journey I want to repeat but glad I made it.
FPace 3.0D Portfolio Loire Blue, light interior, tow bar. No issues a very good car
Gone F Pace Prestige 2 liter Auto, tow bar, reversing camera, 14 way seats, 18 inch all season tyres
XKR Convertible

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:16 pm

Sorry to read your issues and fingers crossed your new car is a good one.

I know 100% how you feel.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

F-Pace S

Post by F-Pace S » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:26 pm

Another one bites the dust, sorry to hear, we both know you won't be the last
Rejected two beautiful F-Pace 3.0d S's, loved them both, other than the many faults. :cry: Back to a 535d BMW for me, not ruling out another JLR...Velar...but not in the first year of production again. JLR need to pull their socks up.

Renesis

Post by Renesis » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:09 am

I will be sticking around as I’m interested to see how JLR deal with these issues.

I don’t regret buying the FPace because otherwise I would still be looking at them on the road wondering what they are like. Nobody can ever put you off you have to experience it for yourself

catwoman

Post by catwoman » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:23 am

^ . . well said, I'm impressed by your positive attitude Matthew, so wishing all the best to you. It's good to know you can still be balanced about your F-Pace experience even if it was not what you hoped for. The particular aspect of your story that touched me most was that it was your first brand new car. When someone works very hard for their money to earn enough to buy a pristine new car that no-one else has ever driven before it should be a very proud moment and a special feeling which you feel every time you get into the car. It's a great shame you weren't able to enjoy all of that to it's full potential and JLR should be ashamed for the part they have played in causing your move to Volvo. However, being realistic, I suspect they won't feel any responsibility for that.

Anyway, feel free to stick around on here for as long as you like, you will be welcome. Evidently there will always be some who'll grasp at any opportunity to jump onto threads to post negatively, long after their ownership has ceased, but that's just plain sad, which is why the tired old saying "misery loves company" exists.

Must say, XC90s always look impressive when I see one coming the other way, and I really like the Thor's Hammer DRLs . . . so enjoy your big blue Volvo!
8-) . . been enjoying since July '16, 2.0d R-Sport, Ammonite + Black Pack, Jet/Red interior and a few useful options

corriescar66

Post by corriescar66 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:48 pm

catwoman wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:23 am
^ . . well said, I'm impressed by your positive attitude Matthew, so wishing all the best to you. It's good to know you can still be balanced about your F-Pace experience even if it was not what you hoped for. The particular aspect of your story that touched me most was that it was your first brand new car. When someone works very hard for their money to earn enough to buy a pristine new car that no-one else has ever driven before it should be a very proud moment and a special feeling which you feel every time you get into the car. It's a great shame you weren't able to enjoy all of that to it's full potential and JLR should be ashamed for the part they have played in causing your move to Volvo. However, being realistic, I suspect they won't feel any responsibility for that.

Anyway, feel free to stick around on here for as long as you like, you will be welcome. Evidently there will always be some who'll grasp at any opportunity to jump onto threads to post negatively, long after their ownership has ceased, but that's just plain sad, which is why the tired old saying "misery loves company" exists.

Must say, XC90s always look impressive when I see one coming the other way, and I really like the Thor's Hammer DRLs . . . so enjoy your big blue Volvo!
Excellently put CW, I was going to put something similar but probably would've been blunter and not so diplomatic.....

I truly understand where you are coming from Renesis, the inability to get this car right and the multiple trips to the dealer over stupid, niggling faults that should be fixed first time, or just shouldn't be there on an expensive, 'premium' vehicle in the first place, wears you down....

I worry about the longevity of some of the components eg seats, electrics, on a vehicle I had intended to own for 5+ years and the software....... :evil:

It seems to be pot luck, but one forum with a handful of grumpy, ex-owners doesn't mean a sales winter and many are very happy with their cars - I'd like to be one of them but hanging on by my fingernails....

The XC90 is a cracking car and I wish you all the best with it! A friend fancied a change from his XF Sportbrake a couple of years ago and made the mistake of buying BMW 520d Touring which was a disaster & then replaced it with a stunning V90. Apart from a few initial software/electrical issues, he's really enjoyed his one year of ownership! :)

Renesis

Post by Renesis » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:23 pm

Thanks guys, by no means am I here to slag the car off to every user on here as let’s face it, it’s an FPace enthusiast forum which I still am.

I brought the topic up of changing the FPace and everybody I spoke to said that they weren’t surprised I had come to this conclusion. A premium car like the FPace should of had me shouting from the roof tops and grinning from ear to ear but it just want the case. I think if it wasn’t for my dealer the car would have gone months ago.

I’ve done 330 miles in the new Volvo now and I have to say I really do like it, it has pilot assist which means it basically drives itself. A completely different car to the FPace in so many ways I just hope I can live without a 3 litre V6 as I’ve had this engine variant for many years.

Not ruling out a JLR return as our current XF is now 9 years old. The amount of time we spent in hire cars I’ve becime quite fond of the XE to replace that. I would of considered the RRS but it has the ICTP in it now and that was the final nail in the coffin on my FPace so it seemed silly to even look into that option.

It made me smile that when I enquired to part ex my FPace the jaguar dealers in the particular dealer group refused to bid to buy my FPace, if that doesn’t tell you something!

Renesis

Sucker for punishment

Post by Renesis » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:00 am

Hello guys

So here we are again finding ourselves back in another JLR product. This time in the form of a XE-S!

We absolutely love the soundtrack and that familiar interior. Weve speced some extra bells and whistles which were absent on my FPace but I guess you learn second time around what you really need.

Many thanks

772908C4-A465-4B60-84F3-962D2F0E491F.jpeg

catwoman

Post by catwoman » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:54 am

Congratulations! Looks very nice indeed, particularly on those wheels and with the black pack. Presumably you traded in the 8 year old XF against it, as you previously said you might. Hope you'll be very happy with it. Moved your post into your previous thread on the subject of parting with your F-Pace, to give it some background context for newer readers on the forum. All the best :)
8-) . . been enjoying since July '16, 2.0d R-Sport, Ammonite + Black Pack, Jet/Red interior and a few useful options

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”