Exhaust gases in interior of my 2.0D ?

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
kustbewoners

Exhaust gases in interior of my 2.0D ?

Post by kustbewoners » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:55 pm

I have a MY2018 2.0Dl. Since last week, I have a smell of exhaust gases in the car, especially when driving in slow traffic.
I was at my dealer today to update the ICTP, and asked them to have a look at it.
When I picked up my car this evening, they told me that they’d checked everything, but that nothing was wrong.
They advised me to come back when it gets worse.
What do they mean, get worse….
I have a headache after driving my car for a long time in slow traffic.
I must say, it’s very cold in Belgium for the moment (for our standards) and there’s nearly no wind.
Did anybody experience similar problems
2018 F-Pace 2.0D Pure Manual
Narvik Black
Custom aftermarket dark grey leather interior
Premium Business package with ICTP
Dual view
Electric, heated seats
Privacy Glass
Tow Pkg

June16

Re: Exhaust gases in interior of my 2.0D ?

Post by June16 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:14 pm

I'd be stamping my feet pointing out how dangerous exhaust fumes are.
It's a health hazard.
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:31 pm

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3633

No idea if this is similar?
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

kustbewoners

Post by kustbewoners » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:54 pm

Thank you, looks like the same problem indeed
2018 F-Pace 2.0D Pure Manual
Narvik Black
Custom aftermarket dark grey leather interior
Premium Business package with ICTP
Dual view
Electric, heated seats
Privacy Glass
Tow Pkg

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:26 pm

Drive the car to the dealer and leave it there, to say come back when it gets worse is the most stupid thing I have heard for a while and I have heard a few.

Do not take no for an answer or tell them you will reject the vehicle as its a danger to your health.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

Oleg

Post by Oleg » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:33 am

In my case (Topic: smell of fumes) it was actually the smell of gasoline. But my Jag is 2.0 petrol.
The car is still with the dealer waiting for the new part to arrive - presumably on Feb 12.
Have to put up with the courtesy Evoque.

DrM

Post by DrM » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:50 am

Help

I have the 3.0v6, for two weeks I have been getting fumes in the car, all non visible but the smell on my clothes has meant dry cleaning of suits everyday and showering when arriving at work and home.

Having had contacted Jaguar who were too busy to book it in they put me in touch with Jaguar assist. I can’t fault the engineer he knew his stuff but typically the car wouldn’t do it when he was here.

This week it’s been playing up I am having to drive with all the windows open.
This culminated yesterday in a commute to Portsmouth for a meeting and back to Oxford.
On the way back I had to take a call and closed the windows as you do. I tried the recycle option, fresh air, non of it made a difference. Anyway it got to the point I had to drop the call and open the windows I knew at that point I had had too much in my lungs and was hoing light headed with my lungs and throat burning I had to pull over quickly. I consider my self lucky but all so question myself as to my logic as my advice would be different to others. I sat for a while doing breathing excercises until I felt better to drive on to Didcot where the staff were amazing and automatically arranged coffee, a chair and a replacement vehicle to drive once I had a rest so they could get mine sorted.
My question is this, given that this is a known problem where’s the product safety recall?
I don’t feel great today but I will say had my children been with me I don’t think I’d be so calm now.

Lastly new Tyres for winter and recommendations for someone who drives it like a Jaguar ?

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:33 am

DrM wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:50 am
Help

I have the 3.0v6, for two weeks I have been getting fumes in the car, all non visible but the smell on my clothes has meant dry cleaning of suits everyday and showering when arriving at work and home.

Having had contacted Jaguar who were too busy to book it in they put me in touch with Jaguar assist. I can’t fault the engineer he knew his stuff but typically the car wouldn’t do it when he was here.

This week it’s been playing up I am having to drive with all the windows open.
This culminated yesterday in a commute to Portsmouth for a meeting and back to Oxford.
On the way back I had to take a call and closed the windows as you do. I tried the recycle option, fresh air, non of it made a difference. Anyway it got to the point I had to drop the call and open the windows I knew at that point I had had too much in my lungs and was hoing light headed with my lungs and throat burning I had to pull over quickly. I consider my self lucky but all so question myself as to my logic as my advice would be different to others. I sat for a while doing breathing excercises until I felt better to drive on to Didcot where the staff were amazing and automatically arranged coffee, a chair and a replacement vehicle to drive once I had a rest so they could get mine sorted.
My question is this, given that this is a known problem where’s the product safety recall?
I don’t feel great today but I will say had my children been with me I don’t think I’d be so calm now.

Lastly new Tyres for winter and recommendations for someone who drives it like a Jaguar ?
Take it to the dealer and explain to them the issue, if they refuse remind them you can reject the vehicle in the first 30 days and say that's what your doing, they will then sort it quickly. ;)

It amazes me that the dealers are that stupid, people sadly loose there life's to large exposure of exhaust gases every year and to allow someone to drive while being subjected to this when they have been made aware of the issues is plan stupid.

What would they say if you had a fatal accident and it was down to exhaust gases in the cabin.

http://www.ohsrep.org.au/hazards/chemic ... s-are-they

https://itstillruns.com/causes-exhaust- ... 99273.html

In America they actually have people who come out and do testes, not seen this in the UK.

https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/e ... inspection
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

DrM

Post by DrM » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:37 am

Unfortunately this beauty is 11 months old so I don’t have that option.!

Thanks for the links though

June16

Post by June16 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:49 am

DrM wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:37 am
Unfortunately this beauty is 11 months old so I don’t have that option.!

Thanks for the links though
Doesn’t matter the age
Up to 30 days you can reject no attempt at repair, no loss of money.

Up to 6 months you can reject , the onus is in the dealer to prove the defect did not exist at manufacture, they get One attempt at repair if this fails you can reject it . They can deduct a reasonable amount for mileage.( fair use)

After 6 months up to 6 years the onus is on you to prove it was faulty manufacture, they get ONE attempt at repair if this fails you can reject it .They can deduct a reasonable amount for mileage ( fair use)

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights ... gKbFfD_BwE
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”