Smell of fumes in the cabin

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
Gt mooglywoogly

Re: Smell of fumes in the cabin

Post by Gt mooglywoogly » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:40 pm

I thought That I’d update the result of the fumes/smell in the cabin issue.
My car went in and they checked for petrol leaks and exhaust issues. None present.
The pollen filter was replaced with an activated carbon cabin filter. On my documentation its apparently a “ Jaguar known issue”.
The cabin seems to smell fresher, but then according to my app the service centre did leave the driver door window open over night!!
More importantly the shoe polish smell has not beeen apparent in the last 120 miles.
I also had an update on the system and now have Apple CarPlay, which is a great result all round and I was pleased with the way in which JLR assist and the service centre handled the issue.

Now back to enjoying the car!!
MY19 25T Corris Portfolio. With added ingredients to make things even nicer.

Stueyv

Post by Stueyv » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:18 pm

Had the same with my 2.0l petrol. Dealer replaced leaking fuel rail.

dgee

Post by dgee » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:12 pm

I have a 2017 35t and am experiencing the same thing (oil smell or exhaust smell in cabin) when the engine is pushed hard. Dealer could not duplicate. However I drove it with them and we did not push it hard.

I experience it I long trips at 80 plus mph and when push hard on short trips. Normal driving does not duplicate the issue.

I’ll update everyone once I have it serviced again.

Rusk

Post by Rusk » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:51 am

I am noticing this too on my 4 month old F-Pace. It only seems to happen when I use the remote start to warm the car up and defrost it. I jump in and it smells pretty strong. It clears quickly after setting off though and never seems to happen again on a trip. Might have to get it booked in.

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:11 pm

There is a noticeable smell from mine externally after being pushed hard. Doesn't happen that often in and around London due to traffic! I did smell it after a recent B road blast, Very slight smell in the cabin but much worse outside when you exit the car at the end of the trip. I put it down to hot brakes and disks and it isn't present during normal day-to-day use. For example, just returned from 40 mile trip around M25/A3 at 50-70mph and no smell.
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”