Sucker Marks on the two front windows caused by build robot

Detailing, Cleaning and Maintaining your F-Pace.
Happymedium

Re: Sucker Marks on the two front windows caused by build robot

Post by Happymedium » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:31 pm

:D Thanks for solving the mystery..I thought aliens had been trying to get into my car!

Onionrage

Post by Onionrage » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:37 pm

Likewise - I've tried pretty much every cleaner possible on these marks and they are still on the driver and passenger window when it steams up.
Nothing works as far as i can tell.
RSport 2.0 Manual AWD, Polaris White, Red Taurus, Black Pack & Black Gloss Alloys, Jet Headlining, 4-way electric lumbar, Rear Camera, Heated Windscreen/Washer jets, Space saver, Rear seat remote release, splash guards and Satin Grey Ebony Veneers

June16

Post by June16 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:01 pm

Try using a Flash Magic Eraser.

This works on house glass for suction marks left after fitting, use slightly damp ( not wet) first then go over with a dry one.
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

Craigann B

Post by Craigann B » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:25 pm

Final Update to this.

Finally after a year of owing this Jag the window sucker marks from the build robot have finally been removed. Parks of AYR didn’t seem to be concerned until I emailed Jaguar and got them involved. These only appeared when it was cold and wet trying to peer through these marks at junctions was impossible having to open window to see traffic.
It took a professional company “diamondglasssolutions.co.uk”. to get these marks totally removed with an oxide polish compound.
F-Pace 3Ltr S Italian Racing Red with Black Pack, Cold Pack, Blind Spot, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel, Cup Holder Cover, Panoramic Roof.

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:59 pm

Craigann B wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:25 pm
Final Update to this.

Finally after a year of owing this Jag the window sucker marks from the build robot have finally been removed. Parks of AYR didn’t seem to be concerned until I emailed Jaguar and got them involved. These only appeared when it was cold and wet trying to peer through these marks at junctions was impossible having to open window to see traffic.
It took a professional company “diamondglasssolutions.co.uk”. to get these marks totally removed with an oxide polish compound.
Perhaps you should e-mail them offering their expertise to remove the marks from the production line as I am sure all Fpaces will have this issue.

Good work and well done for sticking to find a solution.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

Return to “Detailing & Car Care”