All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
DPinTX

Re: F-Pace SVR coming soon?

Post by DPinTX » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:24 am

p3eps wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:32 pm
SVRunner wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:05 am
Just stumbled across this forum/thread as keen to get a little insight into when I can expect my darn SVR to arrive!!
Like many other here, by the sounds of it, I've had my "order" in with dealer for several months (since May!) but am just trying to ascertain when I'm likely to get my keys.
I don’t think anyone will have the crystal ball that’ll give you a definitive answer to this question! Everyone here and all the dealers are in the same boat - in that they just don’t know!
I was told mine would be here at the end of this year, and they’re now guessing January / February.

The fact there are no demonstrators or press cars out there makes me think it’ll still be a while away. I’m looking forward to all the magazines getting hold of one and giving us some reviews.

Here in the US I was told by a JLR contact, first dealer orders by 2nd week of December 2018, expected delivery of cars to dealership by March 1st 2019 , 500 cars are earmarked for North America. All cars to be made at one time on the production line. This is the reason to hold all orders together. UK Should have the cars before the US North American market.

DP
2019 S in Silicon Silver with Light Oyster / Jet interior
old car 2017 R-Sport in Ingot
A forum post should be like long enough to cover the subject yet short enough to generate interest.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/FPACE/

p3eps

Post by p3eps » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:25 pm

I don’t get how they can make all cars in one production unless they’ve already sold them all?

Usually, you spec the car you want, order it, and wait 3-6 months (depending on manufacturer).
If they’re all made at the same time, then only people who have already picked their spec will get what they want. The rest would have to take a pre- defined spec.

I was in my dealer last weekend - and so far I’m the only person to place an order there.

Are they only going to make a limited amount of F Pace SVRs?

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:27 pm

https://whatis.techtarget.com/definitio ... ufacturing

The days of producing huge batches of vehicles are over...
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

corriescar66

Post by corriescar66 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:29 pm

These cars will start off on the main F Pace line, then be pulled to be finished as SVRs

They may allocate in batches of 500, but they won't wait until they have 500 orders before they then build them all. The whole point of Special Vehicle Operations is that they allude to being more 'hand built' & unique, so two production lines will slow the build time down. They are not, however limited, although I guess the end of the line for the V8 engine manufacture will mean that they will be one to keep. Not for value, but as a bit of history, once we are all forced to plug in, tune out and give up.

Q1 2019. Jan-March first deliveries. Demonstrators in the next 2-3 weeks, order books open shortly after.
Nov 2016: 3.0 S V6 Supercharged Petrol/Italiana da Corsa Rossa / Jet-Taurus/ 22" Helix etc....

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”