Poor Dealer Experience

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
imbimp

Poor Dealer Experience

Post by imbimp » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:22 pm

New F-Pace owner here...not someone who usually posts on things like this, but have appreciated the quality, depth and insightfulness of the posts on here so much over the last few months, I'd thought it would be useful to share my own experience...

In summary the dealer I used was terrible. No customer service, no mathematical ability, no skill in handing over a car and just plain clumsy. I thought new cars were supposed to be scratch-free. I think I've had better customer service at Tesco....and after 3 hours at the dealer and a day hanging around. No car for me. :( (yet)

Ordered F-Pace early December (2.0l diesel auto AWD, Ammo, ICTP, privacy glass, heated windscreen). Did a fair amount of shopping around dealer-wise and given the limited movement on price it came down to the price on my part-exchange.

Picked Dealer who offered the best price (big mistake as I had not really given their customer service any test)...and from the moment I ordered it was a nightmare from start to, well...I have paid for the car, but still don't have it. So finish is still to come.

In the lead up to arrival. Zero good engagement from the dealer. Had to email multiple times and visit multiple times to lock down the spec. Their written confirmations were always wrong. Why does Jaguar still rely on so much paper work??? Digital has to be the future on this, would make everything easier.

Car arrived early March, but as I was out of country, couldn't pick up until today.

On arrival they were defensive from the outset. Disappointed I had not transferred any money (they never asked me to beforehand). The invoice was incorrect and when I realised they had over-charged me they asked me to email them later to get a refund. Had to escalate to dealer manager to get them to refund the mistake. They couldn't actually tell me why there was a price discrepancy and so relied on my own maths to give me a refund.

Big deep scratch on the front, just above the number plate. Car had obviously not been checked, and whoever attached the plates slipped with the screw-driver and didn't tell anyone. Initially they said I'd have to pick it up later in the week, but when pushed said they would fix it today, but needless to say, just didn't get it done in time. Plus I am very suspicious of a rush job now.

Boot liner was missing, they only ordered it the week before, despite having the car a month before I picked it up. Implication of another visit to pick it up before I'm even up and running.

Car was sat in the showroom and had clear scuff marks around the rear doors - likely as a result of being sat in the show-room but with no "sold" notice on it. When I was there today going through things with the dealer another customer came up to me and asked if I could open the boot for them. Why are they using my car as the demo model??? Is this normal?

I tried to quiz them on the hand-over checklist (which they wanted me to sign before having actually even seen the car) and when asking about the run-in period was told...."basically don't thrash it", when asking about the manuals, literature about servicing schedules and the like, was told "its all in the glovebox"...they didn't even show me how to sort the seats, set up the apps and all the other things I was hoping they'd hand over. Sure I can work out this stuff for myself...but its the intro that gets you going.

I had the check-list circulated on this forum when I was at the dealer - wished I'd sent it to the dealer in advance. Would have saved a lot of wasted time and misery.

This is not a post dissing Jaguar...I love the car and really excited to get it, but more of a word of warning that everyone should absolutely do their dealer due-diligence, since I would never use these folks again. Depending on how this ends....I'll let you all know who it is so you can avoid in future.

Thoughts?

lawnputter

Re: Poor Dealer Experience

Post by lawnputter » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:34 pm

My recent experience is well documented and similar treatment from the dealer.

What will happen know is when you go to collect you will inspect every panel in fine detail, make sure it's inside, dry with good lighting. Take your time and if your gut says it's still not good enough just walk.

Unfortunately I think your painful journey is about to begin. I hope I am wrong though

Jags cat

Post by Jags cat » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:56 pm

Apart from the legal side of stuff, is there any reasons we can't have a name and shame dealer site on here! Anyway,....isn't it only slander if it's not true!!!

How can their be so much variation between dealers..... and even between staff at the same dealership. I still hold the opinion that the very best service shown to me was from the Lexus dealers.

The wife and I were incidentally at another dealership over the weekend,..... for legal reasons let's just call them BORD..... thinly vailed I admit !!! but what stuck me was that they had run out of literature,..... couldn't be 100% sure over some options, and were far more interested in my car than anything in his own showroom!... what has happened to this country!

Regards,
Arrived,JA65 CAT plate, 2 ltr R-sport,ammonite grey, black pack, pano roof, 22" silver helix alloys, meridian upgrade, black/red interior, mood lighting, full size spare,rear camera, serv pack,H/screen, and anything else I can get pass the wife!

imbimp

Post by imbimp » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:53 am

Quick follow-up, not posted in a while.

Bottom-line was I got £1000 back from the dealer as compensation from the above.

Doesn’t quite fix things really and have found the tech experience of the car pretty miserable, although it does drive beautifully.

Just got 18c with CarPlay update from Grange, Barnet (not the terrible Welwyn dealer above). A painless experience and none of this crazy £200 upgrade nonsense.

June16

Post by June16 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:35 pm

Having a good dealer makes all the difference
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

car detailer

Post by car detailer » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:43 pm

I have to say my dealer was fantastic before the car arrived when the car arrived and the after care is really good I know most people say that dealers do a poor job of prepping the cars and you are right when my car was delivered I drove up to the garage and watched the car coming of the transporter and done the pdi with my salesman car was then put in wash bay where I was told do what you want and park it in the handover bay in the garage when you are done done that and arrived on 1st September at 10 o clock to collect it and I knew it was 100% perfect condition that's what I call good customer service
jaguar f pace in caesium blue with black pack white and black leather black headlining and gloss black 20 inch venom wheels for nice weather and a Suzuki celerio for bad weather and a huge smile

catwoman

Post by catwoman » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:54 pm

^ . . for real ;)
8-) . . been enjoying since July '16, 2.0d R-Sport, Ammonite + Black Pack, Jet/Red interior and a few useful options

KeithL

Post by KeithL » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:10 pm

car detailer wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:43 pm
I have to say my dealer was fantastic before the car arrived when the car arrived and the after care is really good I know most people say that dealers do a poor job of prepping the cars and you are right when my car was delivered I drove up to the garage and watched the car coming of the transporter and done the pdi with my salesman car was then put in wash bay where I was told do what you want and park it in the handover bay in the garage when you are done done that and arrived on 1st September at 10 o clock to collect it and I knew it was 100% perfect condition that's what I call good customer service
Please tell us who this dealer is so we can all go there.
2017 2.0 i4 Diesel (180PS) Auto AWD Portfolio in Indus Silver with ICTP

car detailer

Post by car detailer » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:30 pm

parks jaguar of inverness
jaguar f pace in caesium blue with black pack white and black leather black headlining and gloss black 20 inch venom wheels for nice weather and a Suzuki celerio for bad weather and a huge smile

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:14 pm

Must admit that sounds like your dealer went out there way to keep you happy with the whole delivery and had over.

Unfortunately this is not always the case with others, looks like you have a good one there.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”