Apple Carplay

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
dmccarten

Re: Apple car play

Post by dmccarten » Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:17 pm

Try on your iPhone under Settings->General-> Car Play -> Your car then you should see the options you are looking for.

Thanks
F-Pace R-Sport 25d AWD (240PS) in Firenze Red with Driver Assist Pack, HUD, Nav Pro, AHBA, Priv glass, 10-way electric and lumbar support. - Collected 2nd Sept 19

zarakoff

Post by zarakoff » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:57 am

Thanks.
That’s the screen I was looking for . All sorted

Black300Sport

Post by Black300Sport » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:26 am

There’s also some interesting updates coming to CarPlay in iOS13 which is due to be released shortly.

Plenty of info and walkthrough videos online if you search for CarPlay iOS13
Black 300 Sport (Petrol) - Northern Ireland

dmccarten

Re: Apple Carplay

Post by dmccarten » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:53 pm

I'm interested in iOS 13 CarPlay HUD integration. but so far the iOS 13 Beta is a nice update. The dashboard style view is handy.
F-Pace R-Sport 25d AWD (240PS) in Firenze Red with Driver Assist Pack, HUD, Nav Pro, AHBA, Priv glass, 10-way electric and lumbar support. - Collected 2nd Sept 19

June16

SMM74417 ICTP only with Apple Car Play

Post by June16 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:44 pm

Just to advise that Jaguars will more than likely have the same issue as they share the same software.
This is over on the DS forum and may help some folk on here.
As always there must be a jaguar equivalent document somewhere...?

Models Affected:
Discovery / L462
Discovery Sport / L550
New Range Rover Evoque / L551
Range Rover / L405
Range Rover Sport / L494
Range Rover Velar / L560

Title:
Voice cannot be heard during a received telephone call

Issue:
Apple devices with iOS version 12.2 and 12.3 may experience any of the following concerns when connected to the infotainment system via USB cable and CarPlay mode active:

1. When a call is received the driver cannot hear the caller although the caller can hear the driver. If the cable is disconnected or the speaker button on the phone is pressed during the call then the driver may then hear the caller as normal.

2. Possible satellite navigation map display concerns with USB cable connected.

Cause:
Apple software related concern

Action:
The concern appears to have occurred since the release of iOS 12.2 & 12.3, please contact Apple support or visit an Apple Store for further advice.

Note:
Please do not replace the infotainment master controller or related components for the above concern unless otherwise directed by Land Rover
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

dmccarten

Post by dmccarten » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:30 am

I believe this issue is fixed in the pending release of iOS 13 (which a formal release date should be provided next week at the Apple iPhone Event).

Katoaristera

Post by Katoaristera » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:49 am

To me it seems thar IOS 12.4.1 fixed the problem.
Some other reported that the OTA update from S19A_19.11.4-330884 to S19A_19.24.2-375121 solved too.
PORTFOLIO MY18 CUP COVER V6D, Carpathian grey, Espresso+SatinAsh, 20"VenomBlack, BlackPack+Ad.Dyn.+Adv.ParkAss.Surr.Camera, 10/4 way Lumb.Clima front+HeatedReclin.RearSeats, SlidingPano, Gest.Tailg., ICTP, Detach.TowBar, 19" spare wheel, 4G SIM

Reggraham

Post by Reggraham » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:43 pm

I actually used ACP in anger last night, I'm on 19A so ICTP is pretty good anyway. It didn't find it's way around the M2 closure until at least 10 mins into the diversion it was not easy to get started in the first place as well as not having the map on screen in from of me I found it pretty useless. Whenever I use the phone in a rental car I take a holder and place it easily in my field of vision which makes it a lot more usable but on the main screen it's pretty poor.
ACP also requires the phone to be unlocked to start it and finding somewhere to put the phone is not easy when you use the drinks holder for drinks. In the little cubby hole in front one the gear change an iPhone 7 plus just barely fits with a cable plugged in but signal strength goes down massively when placed there.
All in all it was a good experiment but not something I can see much use for as for Traffic updates if you have a sim the car gets the same updates ass google etc and just as quick, as I've said in the past ICTP shows my local traffic quicker than google sometimes in fact it was google that sent me up the M2 from Dover as the M20 had major roadworks it just didn't notice the road closure until after I was in it.
I will use ACP on rental cars where it is available it's great for that saves paying to rent a sat nav but definitely not on the Jag.
F-Pace Portfolio MY19 25T Yulong While/Light Oyster 20" wheels, Park Pack, Drive Pack, Touch Pro nav pack
Range Rover Evoque Dynamic MY15 Firenze Red Black Pack, Park Pack

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”