Apple Carplay

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
DjP

Re: Apple Carplay

Post by DjP » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:30 pm

After months of trouble free CarPlaying, I've got a problem that CP does not start when I connect my phone. The CP splash screen shows on my phone, the CP icon appears on the lower menu bar (but is not responsive when pressed) and CP doesn't start. I've checked (and toggled) the autostart option in Settlings, but seems like the ICTP unit needs a reboot.
The car has been parked and locked from Tuesday until today, so it should have plenty of time to "sleep". Any suggestions on how to get things running again? I thought I was don't with ICTP / CP issues... :(
Thanks!
DjP

Jagseven

Post by Jagseven » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:59 pm

Have you tried fully turning off your phone to reboot that?
F-Pace SVR - arrived end of April 2019

DjP

Post by DjP » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:47 pm

I have. Sadly not that... :(

Jagseven

Post by Jagseven » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:13 pm

Not sure what else to try other than speaking to your dealer...
Ironically, after I had a random full reboot issue that left me with non-functioning system for 20 mins CP has been working faultlessly ever since...
I will enjoy until the next inevitable glitch - blood y computers 😀
F-Pace SVR - arrived end of April 2019

Reggraham

Post by Reggraham » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:40 pm

The system never really shuts down fully most of it’s functions are off but it is monitoring input such as on off button etc, it is also still communicating with the telematics system. The only way to do a full system reset is to disconnect the battery wait for about a couple of minutes then reconnect that has been known to clear many niggling problems with all of the cars systems.
F-Pace Portfolio MY19 25T Yulong While/Light Oyster 20" wheels, Park Pack, Drive Pack, Touch Pro nav pack
Range Rover Evoque Dynamic MY15 Firenze Red Black Pack, Park Pack

naman

Post by naman » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:31 am

So I was at my local dealership to book my car in for a service and had asked about ACP & AA. If I want to add/download those onto my car it's £100 + VAT.

My question is, is it worth it?

Thanks

Reggraham

Post by Reggraham » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:02 am

I personally don't think so, the quality of graphics isn't that great I haven't found the maps or traffic to be any better than the two I use (sygic and Apple Maps). I also have the dash display so I can get the map on that so that's another nail in the head of ACP. As far as audio playing goes I can't see much between them they both have the same annoyances, such as when I select an album from an artist they play that one album and stop my XF used to play the next available track and continue on from there useful if the music is there for background.
I didn't pay for the update as all hardware was in place and it came with 18D, I believe that the usb interface on some cars need changing to add ACP/AA but not sure why as the interface is the same for incontrol apps.
The other negative is it needs the cable connected to the phone and I can never be bothered to connect it unless the phone needs charging and then my High speed charger charges a lot better.
F-Pace Portfolio MY19 25T Yulong While/Light Oyster 20" wheels, Park Pack, Drive Pack, Touch Pro nav pack
Range Rover Evoque Dynamic MY15 Firenze Red Black Pack, Park Pack

DjP

Post by DjP » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:48 pm

Reggraham wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:40 pm
The system never really shuts down fully most of it’s functions are off but it is monitoring input such as on off button etc, it is also still communicating with the telematics system. The only way to do a full system reset is to disconnect the battery wait for about a couple of minutes then reconnect that has been known to clear many niggling problems with all of the cars systems.
Just to close the loop on this, CP started working again. Not sure what changed on what side, but the card another week in the LHR carpark and my phone was power cycled (again). Maybe CP was just "resting" and then decided to behave again.... ;)
Dunno.
DjP

DjP

Post by DjP » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:52 pm

I've written on this forum before about the benefits and limitations of ACP. It's fine. I wouldn't pay for it. Best benefit was stability for me and traffic accuracy from Google Maps / Waze. If you have 18C / D then you're likely to have a stable ICTP so won't get much better functionality from ACP. Depends how much you value accurate traffic info
DjP

zarakoff

Apple car play

Post by zarakoff » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:41 pm

Hi .
So Apple CarPlay working fine but not many apps on there
How do I add apps from my phone to the car ?? Say Spotify, there was a screen on my phone I dragged Spotify down but can’t remember how to get that screen back ,
So how do I get Spotify app from my phone back to Apple CarPlay screen ?
Any help would be appreciated

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”