ICTP Patch '3'

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
corriescar66

Re: ICTP Patch '3'

Post by corriescar66 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:05 am

Knappettg wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:06 am
I had ASI before the update and still have it, no helmet instead.
Does this mean the update has not been done, or have I had a lower grade update for some reason.
What is the criteria for the helmet (and voice text) upgrade?
Does the ASi button say 'ASi' or is it a mountain symbol?

Sounds to me like they were trying to load 3.0 and, as has happened to many (including me) it didn't take properly...

3.0 should allow you to have either a black or white background for the home screen, the seat icon goes from two piece to a three piece icon and the ASi changes from text to a little mountain.

With 3.5 the main home screen change is the dropping of ASi from the buttons along the bottom of the screen, which is replaced with the famous 'helmet' if you have configurable dynamics, dual screen button, or just a round symbol for mute or on/off (other combinations may be available.

As a rule of thumb then:

'ASi' - Ver 2.5

'Mountain Symbol' for ASi - Ver 3.0
No ASi button at all - Ver 3.5

This thread is too long and just being repeated over and over again. What is needed is a Section in Faults and Technical locked to the forum home page with definitive ICTP version sections to include screen shots etc so this confusion is averted

Eg

Version 2.5:
Services Search In France.JPG
Version 3.0
WP_20180119_13_26_41_Pro.jpg

Knappettg

Post by Knappettg » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:53 am

Thanks. That is very helpful, especially the screen shots.
I will see what the dealer says.
I also agree that it would be good to have a sticky showing how to identify each iteration of ICTP and what to expect from each.

catwoman

Post by catwoman » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:12 am

corriescar66 wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:05 am
This thread is too long and just being repeated over and over again. What is needed is a Section in Faults and Technical locked to the forum home page with definitive ICTP version sections to include screen shots etc so this confusion is averted
I agree, that would be useful and a lot clearer, particularly for newer members.

If I may I'll put your two pics into another post and make it a 'sticky' in the faults and technical section . . . has anyone got a picture of the most recent version which shows the 'helmet' together with the 'three part seat' icons, and is everyone agreed that version is what we are referring to as Version 3.5 . . ?
8-) . . been enjoying since July '16, 2.0d R-Sport, Ammonite + Black Pack, Jet/Red interior and a few useful options

corriescar66

Post by corriescar66 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:31 am

catwoman wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:12 am
corriescar66 wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:05 am
I agree, that would be useful and a lot clearer, particularly for newer members.

If I may I'll put your two pics into another post and make it a 'sticky' in the faults and technical section . . . has anyone got a picture of the most recent version which shows the 'helmet' together with the 'three part seat' icons, and is everyone agreed that version is what we are referring to as Version 3.5 . . ?
Certainly! I can't find a picture for 3.5 at the moment & my car has been at the dealer for the last week or so not possible to take a few...

This one is the home screen settings menu that appeared with ver 3.0:
settings page...jpg

Markotley

Post by Markotley » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:55 pm

Forgot how to post a picture but mine does not conform to any of the pictures shown as I do not have a mountain or ASI or a helmet showing but I do have a three part seat icon ?
3L Supercharged - Pro Touch - 20" Venom Wheels - Adaptive Cruise + Queue - Adaptive Surface Response - Surround Cameras -Head Up - Prac. Pack - Ultimate Black - Heated Steering Wheel - LED Lights

corriescar66

Post by corriescar66 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:27 pm

Markotley wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:55 pm
Forgot how to post a picture but mine does not conform to any of the pictures shown as I do not have a mountain or ASI or a helmet showing but I do have a three part seat icon ?
If you don't have configurable dynamics you don't get a helmet.... It depends on your options - a XF Sportbrake I had with 3.5 had the button for dual screen there, some have a round circle... As long as you don't have a mountain or ASi, you may have 3.5

Why not post a picture when you can & we can start a 'Guess the Version' game.. :)

Markotley

Post by Markotley » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:15 pm

I do have config dynam and once I work out the picture post again I will post my screen then that should put the proverbial cat amongst the pigeons 😀
3L Supercharged - Pro Touch - 20" Venom Wheels - Adaptive Cruise + Queue - Adaptive Surface Response - Surround Cameras -Head Up - Prac. Pack - Ultimate Black - Heated Steering Wheel - LED Lights

Markotley

Post by Markotley » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:18 pm

[media][/media]

3D4D6D2F-CE7A-4C60-A63D-2149A160F028.jpeg

Markotley

Post by Markotley » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:18 pm

Did it.

Katoaristera

Post by Katoaristera » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:57 pm

Markotley you dont have the ASI text or mountain or helmet because you have the ParkAssist Icon at the place of ASI icon, so you can only know if you have 2.5 (2 parts seat icon) or 3.0 (3 parts seat icon)...
PORTFOLIO MY18 CUP COVER V6D, Carpathian grey, Espresso+SatinAsh, 20"VenomBlack, BlackPack+Ad.Dyn.+Adv.ParkAss.Surr.Camera, 10/4 way Lumb.Clima front+HeatedReclin.RearSeats, SlidingPano, Gest.Tailg., ICTP, Detach.TowBar, 19" spare wheel, 4G SIM

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”