ICTP Patch '3'

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
corriescar66

Re: ICTP Patch '3'

Post by corriescar66 » Thu May 10, 2018 6:44 pm

I don't see what the problem is & why the bemoaners blame/ JLR dealers for not sanctioning warranty work/costs on something that isn't broken. Mean? Get real. An update takes 2-4hrs. Who is going to pay for that at £130/h if you are not reporting a fault? JLR, the dealer (well, if they were that fabulous, they'd do it for free, obviously and come round and re-model your kitchen while they were at it...) you?

Frankly I don't think anyone's ICTP is fully functioning - if you think it is you just haven't got round to trying all the things it's supposed to do, so we all have a ready made list of things to bring up & get an update.

'I bought a 2017 MY, but I quite like the features now available on the 2019 MY, especially the sports seats, so please Dr Speth, arrange to completely change my interior for free....' B........alderdash.

'At least BMW give you an accident waiting to happen for free..... The Ultimate Driving (into the back of) Machine'

BTW this also applies to the much talked about wiper 'winter park mode'. It is possible to add the software on earlier cars, but the dealers won't do it as it isn't a warranty item. I will at some point ask how much they'd charge, but there you go, how mean of them not to continually update my car to the latest spec?
Nov 2016: 3.0 S V6 Supercharged Petrol/Italiana da Corsa Rossa / Jet-Taurus/ 22" Helix etc....

Minimal

Post by Minimal » Fri May 11, 2018 11:40 am

So, just to be clear, if you have 2.5, do you get voice control of satnav or is that only on 3? I'm wondering if I should try to 'encourage' dealer to do this on my car before I pick it up in July, though I won't have been able to report a fault as I won't even have had the car!

June16

Post by June16 » Fri May 11, 2018 12:48 pm

Minimal wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 11:40 am
So, just to be clear, if you have 2.5, do you get voice control of satnav or is that only on 3? I'm wondering if I should try to 'encourage' dealer to do this on my car before I pick it up in July, though I won't have been able to report a fault as I won't even have had the car!
Only on upgrade to version 3.
I suppose you could say your expecting voice control of sat nav to be working on collection ?
Worth a try , nothing ventured nothing gained.

I’d like to think by July they will be releasing new cars with the latest and greatest.
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

mike72uk

Post by mike72uk » Fri May 11, 2018 1:42 pm

corriescar66 wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 6:44 pm

BTW this also applies to the much talked about wiper 'winter park mode'. It is possible to add the software on earlier cars, but the dealers won't do it as it isn't a warranty item. I will at some point ask how much they'd charge, but there you go, how mean of them not to continually update my car to the latest spec?
Corriescar66,

I managed to get the Winter Wiper Mode added, and they charged me £50-odd for the privilege.

The disappointing thing was that it was never offered as a configurable option at any point nor in-fact were any of the user preferences that require SDD/Pathfinder to configure like Passive Arming, Auto Mirror Folding, Drip Wipe, Speed Dependant Wipers, Audible Double Lock Confirmation etc which were only enabled thanks to the rather comprehensive PDI letter that this forum led me to :D

What is more annoying, is that the last time the vehicle was in, they seem to have then gone and "lost" the winter wiper mode which I had paid for, so I now want what I paid for restored, and shall be checking when I collect her from her H081 recall and ICTP Phase 3 update this afternoon !

M.
25t R-Sport AWD Auto (Corris + Ebony/Lt Oyster Stitch)
20" Venom's; Black Pack; 18-way Mem Seats; ICTP; Cold Climate pack; Adaptive LED's; Privacy; Pano Roof; Adaptive Cruise; Tow Bar; Surround Cam; Blind Spot, Keyless; Config Dynamics;

mike72uk

Post by mike72uk » Fri May 11, 2018 6:09 pm

mike72uk wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 1:42 pm
corriescar66 wrote:

Corriescar66,

I managed to get the Winter Wiper Mode added, and they charged me £50-odd for the privilege.

The disappointing thing was that it was never offered as a configurable option at any point nor in-fact were any of the user preferences that require SDD/Pathfinder to configure like Passive Arming, Auto Mirror Folding, Drip Wipe, Speed Dependant Wipers, Audible Double Lock Confirmation etc which were only enabled thanks to the rather comprehensive PDI letter that this forum led me to :D

What is more annoying, is that the last time the vehicle was in, they seem to have then gone and "lost" the winter wiper mode which I had paid for, so I now want what I paid for restored, and shall be checking when I collect her from her H081 recall and ICTP Phase 3 update this afternoon !

M.
Hooray,

Winter Wiper Mode back !

And ICTP update all looking good on short drive back from dealer home, will need a lengthier assessment/evaluation at some point, as I spent most of that journey home updating to the latest map version, but initial thoughts are all looks good.
20" Venom's; Black Pack; 18-way Mem Seats; ICTP; Cold Climate pack; Adaptive LED's; Privacy; Pano Roof; Adaptive Cruise; Tow Bar; Surround Cam; Blind Spot, Keyless; Config Dynamics;

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Fri May 11, 2018 6:14 pm

mike72uk wrote:
corriescar66 wrote:

Corriescar66,

M.
I understand winter wiper park mode but can you explain these other features and how they differ from what I find in normal operation. My mirrors fold as I lock the car. I get an audible beep on the double lock. Not sure I have drip wipe or speed dependent wipers enabled they seem to work on the rain sensor sensitivity. Any obvious way to check? How should passive arming operate?
3.0 diesel S, 22" rims, Santorini black, black pck, LEDs, Priv, 350W, Control Pro, Ebony/Oyster, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline....build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

corriescar66

Post by corriescar66 » Fri May 11, 2018 7:28 pm

mike72uk wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 6:09 pm
mike72uk wrote:
corriescar66 wrote:

Corriescar66,

M.
Hooray,

Winter Wiper Mode back !

And ICTP update all looking good on short drive back from dealer home, will need a lengthier assessment/evaluation at some point, as I spent most of that journey home updating to the latest map version, but initial thoughts are all looks good.
Thanks for the info Mike, if it's only £50 I will probably go for it....

Did you have to ask to get them to put it back? A little worrying if it's something that disappears every time they update - what happens if you change dealers, do you have to pay again?!
Nov 2016: 3.0 S V6 Supercharged Petrol/Italiana da Corsa Rossa / Jet-Taurus/ 22" Helix etc....

mike72uk

Post by mike72uk » Sat May 12, 2018 12:59 pm

corriescar66 wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 7:28 pm
mike72uk wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 6:09 pm
mike72uk wrote:

Corriescar66,

M.
Hooray,

Winter Wiper Mode back !

Thanks for the info Mike, if it's only £50 I will probably go for it....

Did you have to ask to get them to put it back? A little worrying if it's something that disappears every time they update - what happens if you change dealers, do you have to pay again?!
Well, I asked for it to be enabled...... they said they'd have to charge for it.
I tried arguing the toss that I wasn't offered the option at PDI (nor was I offered the others but they were set because I knew about them and instructed as such in my PDI letter) however the counter argument was that they were not the supplying dealer so couldn't be responsible for that.

Nevertheless, I got it enabled (and paid my money). I also wanted them to look at the speedo unit settings as I was convinced that on our trip to the alps in December, I was able to set the digital speedo to Kph (from Mph) but not the dial. Seems others have both analogue and digital speedo unit settings options. I think they reloaded the Instrument cluster software tot he latest version to try and resolve, and at that point lost the Winter Wiper mode (along with all the other personalisation settings) They managed to get the personalisation back before I left, but had a problem getting Winter Wiper Mode) then when it was in these past few days for ICTP update and H081 recall they sorted the Winter Wiper - no additional charge.

I therefore suspect that if you paid for it, and then went to a different dealer, they may try and charge you, but if you keep the paperwork/receipt I'd say you have a good case that if it goes missing to have it re-instated for no charge, irrespective of dealer as it is a function you have paid for (and should only have to pay for once !)

bensales

Post by bensales » Thu May 17, 2018 10:38 am

I managed to get my XF (MY18) updated to Phase 3 today, after a little bit of a fight because they were adamant it had it already. Needed to cite Technical Bulletin JTB00593V3 "InControl Touch Pro Features May Not Function As Expected, Phase 3 Additional Updates - Pathfinder" and persuade them that even though Pathfinder said there was no updates available, it was possible to manual choose one.

Anyway, they agreed once I'd shown them pictures of what a phase 3 update looked like compared to my car, and they did the work. So now it carries the version number shown below, I've got helmets and three piece seats, but most importantly it no longer goes to black screen occasional, doesn't drop my phone connection, and I've got text messages and sat nav voice control.

QDEL%1fNTWa6nJt3dwmWmA.jpg

2018 XF-S Supercharged. In black. With extra black bits. And a bit more black.

June16

Post by June16 » Fri May 18, 2018 9:49 am

I see there’s another new update released for ICTP , if you have access you can find it here.
https://topix.landrover.jlrext.com/topi ... ?id=896716

It’s now version .
3_005_10

I’ve no idea what changes or updates are in this , but it’s good to see updates coming through thick and fast at the moment.
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”