Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

SIM cards

235K views 362 replies 129 participants last post by  Brier 
#1 ·
#27 ·
** 11th November 2016 Update **

Just a heads up, it looks like there is a new 24 gigabyte SIM coming on the 17th November for the same price as the 12 gigabyte SIM.

http://amzn.to/2ekaOJi

Bargain :D

Hi,

I am currently using a 'Three" data SIM. It cost £30 for a one off SIM card that contains 12 gigabytes worth of data, which can be used over a 12 month period.

It works perfectly, it literally was a case of plugging it in, and enabling data within the settings (settings > features > communication).

If you don't turn on the Google maps feature within the navigation, the data usage is very low. You can also keep a track of your data usage within the settings.

I think I'll get through the whole 12 months as the data usage is pretty low day to day.

Link to the SIM I'm using:

http://amzn.to/1YbyAWq

#28 ·
I was told 500mb would be more than enough for traffic, live updates and all that sort of thing - but it's really how long is a piece of string right? If you drive 500 miles a month or 2,500 miles then the potential is for you to use more.... the secondary usage is then people using the wifi hotspot, are they watching videos, email or whatever...

May be this will help : https://my.ee.co.uk/data-calculator/

Think I pay £5 a month for 5gb of data with EE but that's part of a small business account... so not sure if available to everyone but certainly don't see myself using that!

I don't believe it does system updates over the air so no issues there it's more about traffic, mapping information and so on....

#30 ·
Can I ask... Is this for the pro system or the standard system? I have the standard, made the jump from the 2.0 to the 3.0 so no room in the budget for the pro system! Advice on this would be appreciated???

#31 ·
InControl Pro or if you added the Wifi hotspot option. The SIM for InControl Connect and so on is included and no charge for you - Jag have it built in.

#33 ·
No the car has a data sim to report back for the GPS and the remote climate and so on... it doesn't allow any connectivity from your side. The wifi hotspot or the Pro system give you that fucntionality but require you to provide a SIM card.

#39 ·
Hi
I have just ordered a pre paid pre loaded 4G sim from MYmemory

£24.99 data valid for 12 months from start will update once received and in use.

Hope this helps

#43 ·
Where do you install the sim - I have wifi hotspot

#45 ·
MIck193 and SonicPace, this 3 card, does it support the text feature ? As far as I can see its data only not text? I'm not sure I'll use the text alert option much but it wold be good to know if this SIM will do it.

thanks in advance for you help!

#51 ·
JLRnumber5 said:
I've just asked Vodafone to provide me with a second SIM on my existing plan (20GB/month) .. or have I done something really stupid??
I doubt you will get close to using 1gb on the in-car kit, so unless you use nearly 19gb on your phone then you will be more than fine!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.