Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

F-Pace Facelift

10K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  Craigann B 
#1 ·
So the new facelift reveal has hit:

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/first-look/new-jaguar-f-pace-suv

What are peoples thoughts?

Personally I'm a big fan of the interior and the move away from the dreaded glossy black plastic, and the gear shifter is so much better that the E-Pace stalk imo. Plus who doesn't like angular exhausts.

#2 ·
I quite like that the changes are incremental but definitely nice tweaks in the right areas. More of an evolution rather than revolution.
Gear selector is different but still cool. Clean lines at the end of the bonnet.

Actually different to what i was expecting considering the new jag XE refresh and landrover duo screen set ups.

#3 ·
I like it. Enough to go and have a look at the configurator, anyway. :eek:

#6 ·
Should have gone Self charging route rather than all this plug in nonsense. Just where will all the plug in charging points come from and the extra drain on the National Grid?
Serious question to the Engineering types- can you have a self charging diesel engine, just seems like a more frugal engine than petrol???

#7 ·
Toyota marketing works!

Plugins take a genuine demand off fuel supply and use the grid, the battery pack allows a decent size motor for power anyway - So you may aswell charge it from the grid and enjoy the benefits and indeed company car and various government incentives

The plugin self charges anyway! Doesn't sound like a tractor or need loads of expensive diesel after treatment.

Forget Clarksonisms, the plugins have arrived.

#8 ·
Like it. Hate the screen inside looks like an after thought. Why not integrated? Audi and Mercedes exhaust pipes, Teslar screen inside.....like the design tweaks and the interior overall.

#9 ·
jonnyvtec said:
Toyota marketing works!

Plugins take a genuine demand off fuel supply and use the grid, the battery pack allows a decent size motor for power anyway - So you may aswell charge it from the grid and enjoy the benefits and indeed company car and various government incentives

The plugin self charges anyway! Doesn't sound like a tractor or need loads of expensive diesel after treatment.

Forget Clarksonisms, the plugins have arrived.
Do you mean the free Adblue top ups for the expensive diesel after treatments? Every diesel I have owned has been remarkably quiet inside the cabin, personally I would rather have 50+mpg than 15 miles of real world electric power.

#11 ·
The new exhausts look only appears on the 6-in-line petrol. The PHEV is not economical as soon as the battery is flat.

And the 6-cylinder; I recently drove a Defender with that, not very economical. My 25t has slightly less performance,

but drinks 30% less. That adds up at € 1,60 a liter petrol..

#13 ·
Hybrids or plugin hybrids really benefit when used for stop go or mixed driving rather than long distance trips, at low speed the engine doesn't start at all. We have a Toyota Hybrid set it to EV and regen priority you have about 15 miles. When driving at higher speed regen charges the battery rather than wearing out the brakes.

The P400 FPace promises to be a stormer that can be economical around town, wether plug-in is useful or just a nuisance remains to be seen, charging a plugin can be done overnight on a 3pin plug, rather than a dedicated charger. The biggest difference is having a silent car, no rumbling diesel or crackling exhaust, don't knock hybrids try one.

#14 ·
Looking at the options list for the 2021 FPace, Summer Tyres are listed as an option, does that mean that All Season Tyres are now standard.

#15 ·
This one needs clarified. Brochure still says Summers standard All Season optional but only with 18 inch wheels. Configurator originally was the same, but now, as you say, it's implying All Seasons standard on all models. Noting the MY21 Velar has All Seasons standard with any size of wheel, I see no reason why the F-Pace can't have them with the bigger wheels.

#16 ·
The reason for the 'all weather' as standard lies in a 3 gr/km lower CO2 emission.

Since one type of the PHEV range stays at 49gr with standard "all weather". and the setup of the configurator seems to be
identical world wide, they mad this gimmick for countries like NL where they tax the new cars based on CO2 emissions..

Not so funny : if you put a towbar on any, you go up to 50gr. That means you won't get the 50% lower roadtax.

So you pay € 1436 pa, not € 736. A very expensive towbar that is.

#19 ·
The facelift is wonderful with just the right touches here and there to make it look modern and up to date. The new interior is also in line with the latest trends and looks fantastic, to my opinion. I don't like the Mercedes/Audi exhaust pipes they put, though.

#21 ·
I changed from the VW Touareg to the F-Pace because VW went for the box exhaust tail pipe as they now look like an American Sedan.
But now the 2021 f-pace is changing to this tail pipe dropping the sports round pipe. Not a pretty sight.
Jaguar is loosing the sports image. Will definitely not be placing an order for the 2021 model.
I love the new Velar style digital dashboard.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.