The silliest statement ever made - rybrook warrington

Forum for Jaguar Customer Relations
Jalees

Re: The silliest statement ever made - rybrook warrington

Post by Jalees » Wed May 15, 2019 6:13 pm

Hi,

Read your story I feel sad that's not what you are looking for when you buy a new car, if you wanted those troubles then you would have gone for a used car, who is going to pay for all that time of running between dealers and fuel cost ? That's how I think. If you want to get a small diagnosis done at dealer they charge you money.
Anyway I think after reading your technical bit of quadrant stuff it might be true as since day 1 I have break noise driver side front only but it disappears after some break applications, secondly after a day or 2 when I was approaching the car from behind in daylight to open drivers door I saw front wing where at meets the door is kind of raised and not flushed with the door I am attaching picture I don't know if that is the gap you are referring? I reported dealer they took car in after 3 months and said I need to go to body shop as the technician thinks it's door rather than wing and they don't have tools so a body shop would be better place anyway now my rear doors have what I think corrosion v small but it seems to be. I got delivery on 23rd of November 2018. Well in few days they will look up along with body shop what it is and then going to move forward.
But I have no hopes 1st thing even they offer a repair colour won't get matched to rest of the car and I am fussy as I keep my car clean and wax it, and also forgot rear roof spoiler where it meets the roof line was not aligned it was tilted on the left these things I am not sure a normal user is going to notice but it brings doubts what's happening at factory.
Pictures attached for you to enjoy :-)
You are not alone.

Thanks.

20190423_002048.jpg

Corrosion location rear door

20181126_135700.jpg

Driver side raised wing

20190423_002159.jpg

Close-up
MY18 F Pace, 25t R sport, Firenze red, and some options.
Ex owner of Mercedes C200 AMG Line premium plus. I keep comparing the options and get disappointed sometimes JAG is missing out from half priced car.

JP2000

Post by JP2000 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:52 pm

That is shocking jaylees

I have now sadly given a fellow journalist permission to do an article on my vehicle in the national newspaper he works on.

A Jaguar retailer has now refused to repair my vehicle stating that due to it's history that it has had the new turbo, new shafts etc that they do not wish to work on a 'lemon'.

So there you have it Ladies & Gentlemen, your 3 year warranty is not valid at any recognised Jaguar Dealer within the JLR network unless
the manager of said dealership "fancies reparing your vehicle".

Trustpilot has just 1 star for Jaguar UK reviews. To be frank, after the article my colleague has written, once it is shown in the newspaper, it should result in a few more potential Jaguar buyers walking into Mercedes or BMW dealerships........ as god trust me I wish i had done :(

Jalees

Post by Jalees » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:17 am

Hi,

That's really unacceptable honestly.
Forget the dealers what JLR response is ?
I mean did they try to help you?
I raised my issues straight to JLR now on and off they call me with a case number for updates and all. They arranged the inspection and appointment with dealer I don't have time plus enough nerves to take the car to dealer and explain all the crappy things. Its been a month now no one has come back to me after the inspection of corrosion and panel alignment.
They took pictures measured paint depth and xyz.
Anyway I am not hopeful I have come to a conclusion use the damn car as I am on pcp and then return it and never go back to jaguar again simple.

Cheers.
MY18 F Pace, 25t R sport, Firenze red, and some options.
Ex owner of Mercedes C200 AMG Line premium plus. I keep comparing the options and get disappointed sometimes JAG is missing out from half priced car.

JP2000

Post by JP2000 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:23 am

My vehicle is now finally rid of the vibration issue after 7 dealerships who could not fix it, a new turbo that did not fix the issue, new engine mounts, new exhaust manifold, new brake discs, ..... still vibrating like a bronco ride.

The final dealership has finally fixed the issue after 1 and half years of excuses. They removed the whole dashboard down to the bulkhead and rebuit it back up.

They did not have any courtsey cars for the two weeks so Jaguar UK hired me a courtsey car.

On speaking to Jaguar customer service and noting that this issue has literally been a fiasco of incompetence, cost me over 20 days travelling time, 140 phone hours and general inconvenience, their answer to some type of compensation was :

"we paid for your hire car".

My partners have all purchased an ipace which leaves myself an equal budget to look for my next vehicle.
Their Ipace's are like silk and the tech is perfect but after the experience I have had from Jaguar, I would rather stick hot needles in my eyes
than ever buy JLR again.

philmayfield

Post by philmayfield » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:03 pm

After two visits to the dealership to get them to sort out badly fitting panels on my F Type, without success, they suggested that that I contact Jaguar direct with a letter and photographs of the problem. They said that Jaguar would probably take more notice of me than of them! Ultimately two techs from Jaguar came over to the dealers to sort out the problem one Saturday morning. The repair wasn't perfect but they said it was within manufacturing tolerances! We still have an F Pace which has been perfect for almost two years, apart from auto stop/start not working (which is good!). My F Type which went back to the dealers seven times in three years has been replaced by a Mercedes. I did so want to buy British cars!

Return to “Jaguar Customer Relations”