Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

The silliest statement ever made - rybrook warrington

15K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  philmayfield 
#1 ·
After over a year trying to sort out an issue with my F Pace R sport 67 plate that has the same problem as Hydrajaws 2 rejected vehicles, I thought that I had finally come to a point of finding a jaguar group service centre that could fix it (third time without success.
The vibration is so bad that at speed on a motorway when between 1500-2000 revs, the car can literally shake sideways.

After dealing with Jaguar Customer Relations for what now seems an eternity (last fix for the vibration was a replacement turbo), We arranged for the vehicle to go to Rybrook Jaguar in Warrington.

As soon as the service guy started talking with the past notes on the car in his hand, it was obvious that he had some sort of bad day.
After what was a very cold and standoffish discussion on the vibration issues, I asked him to look at two other issues that had also had
been fixed but then returned. The first was a clanking sound coming from the passenger front door and the second was a heavy sqealing side from the front driver side brakes which has been there since new even after replacement pads and discs.
The squeal is loudest after the car has been standing. I hear it most when leaving the indoor car park in work after moving off just a few feet.

His answer to the squealing brakes is one that I reckon is the silliest answer given by anyone in the professional motor trade and i quote word for word ....
........................................................................................
"We have quite a few F pace owners with the same problem of the driver side front brakes squealing and we now know what it is, it is
due to the condition of the roads in the UK. You won't get that fixed".
........................................................................................

Yes you read that correctly :)
The great brand of Jaguar ending up being handled by complete idiots such as this guy from Rybrook Jaguar Warrington.

After waiting 30 mins I asked for my keys back and said that I would not be happy to leave my vehicle in the hands of a garage that has such
a ridiculous attitude to customers and walked out.

My vehicle has recently being driven by a friend who writes motoring articles for a well known UK newspaper and he has agreed to do an article on this and all the other problems the F pace has had (we can all list many) while also referring to hydrajaws article.

I am giving Jaguar Customer Liason Team one final chance to, for the first time since i picked it up, give me a vehicle that is actually full quality that I paid for instead of the pretty flop that it seems to be, well in my lemon of a car case that is.

See less See more
#2 ·
Very sad to see the reputation of a brand being tarnished by poor after sale service.
My F-Pace is my first Jaguar and the purchase experience was very good. I received a lot of good advice that truly helped me select the right options for my needs (and fancy).
After-Sale has been terrible. Plagued by incompetence, rudeness and no desire to address blatant issues.
For example: I was told that if I wanted my windows to stop misting up I should have ordered the Cold Weather Pack (when I compare the pack with my current spec all this would have added is the back seat heating!!).
Jaguar should perform a serious assessment of its network and weed out the cowboys that are making money on the brand reputation but eventually eroding it.

#3 ·
Common experience by all accounts was looking to take my car to somewhere else but will avoid Warrington now

There's a great saying in the restaurant business. Great service can make a poor meal good. Poor service will still ,make a great meal poor.

I had a Subaru turbo. Top of the JD charts for car reliability yet this model had 2 major issues, cylinder 3 oil starvation and 1st gear. Both if happened needed rebuilds. I had one issue and was fixed within a week. Service in all dealers seemed to high. If service was poor they wouldn't be high on JD list

Daughter has a Hyundai 30n. Developed a problem that seems to be common, the service was brilliant. Tech even came out to explain the issue and gave details if it came back. Brilliant

Jag, 5 visits to diag and fix a SIM card reader. Poor when I supplied 3 SIMs that worked. Obviously got lied to as they said they tried them in a known good car and didn't work

The best Jag dealer in our area lost their franchise, Royals, down to they weren't Landrover

#4 ·
Good Morning JP2000

Thank you for your post.

I am sorry to hear that you were unsatisfied with the experience you recently had at your retailer.

Should you wish for any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me via PM with the following information:

Your vehicle identification number
Your personal contact details

Many Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK

#5 ·
Already contacted Customer Liason Team who said they would get someone to contact me that day but as usual Dan with the current Jaguar lack of post sales support, nobody has contacted me.

A friend of a friend is quality control manager for Mercedes so we had him drive it over the weekend.
After taking a look around the car he noticed that large gap in the drivers door to the baee of the sill then measured the gaps between the door hinges and the right side of the bonnet.

He says that the car has been literally been manufactured with a deviant camber to the front driver side with most of the quadrant all out of kilter.
This he says is why only the front right break mechanism has squealed from day one due to pressure on the mechanics within the quadrant.

In simple terms, he says that the production line at that instance would have installed 1 item slightly out of kilter with every other bolt on exacerbating the differences and tolerances. This is why he says that after replacing the turbo (in his opinion disgraceful after 11 months from new), by tightening the drive assembly etc that the vibration returns quickly as the front right side is literally pulling itself apart.

He has also like other professionals advised to give the car to DEKRA for a thorough investigation after giving Jaguar one last chance to try and fix.
The fix he says will literally be to dismantle the whole front of the vehicle down to engine removal through to base floor, but that this would result in a hand assembled vehicle done by Jaguar technicians who did not have the ability to fix it on numerous visits to the dealers which equates to
2 months off the road in 12 months.

The answer that the Rybrook Warrington service guy gave about the "state of UK roads" to the common brake problem that some F Paces have
has now become famous over the pond as some of the BMW techs have done an instagram cartoon on it.

When i was a young teenager my dad took me into the Jaguar dealers regularly as he had his own business, drove a daimler and ensured that all of his managers drove Jaguar cars. The dealers where an experience never to be forgotten with cigars for the clients, impeccablly mannered sales staff and after sales to my dad was like an ever checking angel. The Jaguar brand was the envy of all and the pride of the UK.

Forward to 2019

1. Launching vehicles for kudos without first using extended checking periods thoroughly along with the quality of 3rd part equipment and parts.

2. Weak control over dealers with zero quality assurance resulting in sales people selling fridges in currys one day then selling £50k cars the next.

3. Very poor quality checks on supply resulting in what is now over 20 recognised and quantified production problems on the F Pace, F Type, XF, XE and Velar.

4. Extremely poor problem resolving by Jaguar Customer Expperience Team who have an attitude of "Jaguar Cars are Perfect".

5. Poor quality electrics and soiftware arising from as above,, lack of extended quality testing resulting in one of the worst Sat Nav systems ever
placed in a vehicle.

The list could go on but alas until Jaguar has a hard think in the corner of the room as to why so many complaints are arising out of
it's "Prettiest Mistakes", there is no use.

I will take some photographs of the panels and the inside dashboard of my F pace and place them here to show just how bad Jaguar cars can come off the production line as there is no such thing as bad advertising ay Dan?

#7 ·
I would get a DEKRA report done. I wouldn't hold Mercedes up as a shining example of quality control, or Audi or BMW. We have a new one of the latter at home with major engine faults after 4,000 miles. Its pretty common if you look at JD Power for all the German brands. I personally don't care where the salesman comes from if he/she is competent and does a good job. That said there have clearly been some quality issues with early F Paces though I believe more recent models seem to be fairing much better. Mine is fault free at 10,000 miles.

#8 ·
I agree that Jaguar is taking a big risk with the quality of its network
Many so called technicians are clearly lacking experience and often common sense and desire to do good. The services team leads end up shouldering the burden of the work AND facing angry customers. They soon get tired of the long hours and constant abuse and move on. And the situation gets worse.
I have witnessed this first hand with Beadles. Staff turnover in the service department is significant. No one could maintain any form on customer service and quality of service in these conditions
Not sure where the root cause is (pressure on margin? Shortage of qualified staff?)
At the end of the day the after sales experience is a terrible disappointment (not to say disgrace)
The heart would like the next car to be another Jag but the head has serious reservations about it? Is it worth the pain???

Jaguar Customer Service have been good and responsive but all they can offer is to talk to your dealer (a usually pointless exercise when you know from experience that they are technically incapable to solve the issue and rely on arrogance to make the problem go away) or to put you in touch with another dealer (and all you can do is hope that the next one won't be as bad as the former one). Not really the reassurance one need that a problem will be solved.

#9 ·
JP2000 said:
Already contacted Customer Liason Team who said they would get someone to contact me that day but as usual Dan with the current Jaguar lack of post sales support, nobody has contacted me.

The list could go on but alas until Jaguar has a hard think in the corner of the room as to why so many complaints are arising out of
it's "Prettiest Mistakes", there is no use.

I will take some photographs of the panels and the inside dashboard of my F pace and place them here to show just how bad Jaguar cars can come off the production line as there is no such thing as bad advertising ay Dan?
Good Morning

Thank you for your response. I am deeply sorry to learn of your comments, as this is not the experience we wish for our customers to have.

I would like to take this opportunity to provide assistance, and attempt to reinstate your faith in our brand.

Should you desire to have any support with your concerns and the information you have shared here, then please do not hesitate to contact me via PM with the information I have detailed above.

Many Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK

#10 ·
Dan must be new and not yet up to speed with the way Jaguar Customer services are trained to deal with customers.
I well remember the day that during my rejection process Dr Speth wrote to me and told me that his department would "reach out to me in solving my problems with my F Pace". .The next thing that happened was that a muppet called me and stated that he had read the file and was sorry to hear of my problem with my Land Rover! When I had calmed down he then informed me that a driveline vibration was a characteristic of the F Pace and they could not offer me anything else other than Go away and don't bother us. Great customer service. Hope that PSA are able to improve things for everybody if it happens.

#11 ·
Hi,

Read your story I feel sad that's not what you are looking for when you buy a new car, if you wanted those troubles then you would have gone for a used car, who is going to pay for all that time of running between dealers and fuel cost ? That's how I think. If you want to get a small diagnosis done at dealer they charge you money.
Anyway I think after reading your technical bit of quadrant stuff it might be true as since day 1 I have break noise driver side front only but it disappears after some break applications, secondly after a day or 2 when I was approaching the car from behind in daylight to open drivers door I saw front wing where at meets the door is kind of raised and not flushed with the door I am attaching picture I don't know if that is the gap you are referring? I reported dealer they took car in after 3 months and said I need to go to body shop as the technician thinks it's door rather than wing and they don't have tools so a body shop would be better place anyway now my rear doors have what I think corrosion v small but it seems to be. I got delivery on 23rd of November 2018. Well in few days they will look up along with body shop what it is and then going to move forward.
But I have no hopes 1st thing even they offer a repair colour won't get matched to rest of the car and I am fussy as I keep my car clean and wax it, and also forgot rear roof spoiler where it meets the roof line was not aligned it was tilted on the left these things I am not sure a normal user is going to notice but it brings doubts what's happening at factory.
Pictures attached for you to enjoy :)
You are not alone.

Thanks.
View attachment 7186 Sky Water Cloud Architecture Wood
View attachment 7187

Attachments

#12 ·
That is shocking jaylees

I have now sadly given a fellow journalist permission to do an article on my vehicle in the national newspaper he works on.

A Jaguar retailer has now refused to repair my vehicle stating that due to it's history that it has had the new turbo, new shafts etc that they do not wish to work on a 'lemon'.

So there you have it Ladies & Gentlemen, your 3 year warranty is not valid at any recognised Jaguar Dealer within the JLR network unless
the manager of said dealership "fancies reparing your vehicle".

Trustpilot has just 1 star for Jaguar UK reviews. To be frank, after the article my colleague has written, once it is shown in the newspaper, it should result in a few more potential Jaguar buyers walking into Mercedes or BMW dealerships........ as god trust me I wish i had done :(

#13 ·
Hi,

That's really unacceptable honestly.
Forget the dealers what JLR response is ?
I mean did they try to help you?
I raised my issues straight to JLR now on and off they call me with a case number for updates and all. They arranged the inspection and appointment with dealer I don't have time plus enough nerves to take the car to dealer and explain all the crappy things. Its been a month now no one has come back to me after the inspection of corrosion and panel alignment.
They took pictures measured paint depth and xyz.
Anyway I am not hopeful I have come to a conclusion use the damn car as I am on pcp and then return it and never go back to jaguar again simple.

Cheers.

#14 ·
My vehicle is now finally rid of the vibration issue after 7 dealerships who could not fix it, a new turbo that did not fix the issue, new engine mounts, new exhaust manifold, new brake discs, ..... still vibrating like a bronco ride.

The final dealership has finally fixed the issue after 1 and half years of excuses. They removed the whole dashboard down to the bulkhead and rebuit it back up.

They did not have any courtsey cars for the two weeks so Jaguar UK hired me a courtsey car.

On speaking to Jaguar customer service and noting that this issue has literally been a fiasco of incompetence, cost me over 20 days travelling time, 140 phone hours and general inconvenience, their answer to some type of compensation was :

"we paid for your hire car".

My partners have all purchased an ipace which leaves myself an equal budget to look for my next vehicle.
Their Ipace's are like silk and the tech is perfect but after the experience I have had from Jaguar, I would rather stick hot needles in my eyes
than ever buy JLR again.

#15 ·
After two visits to the dealership to get them to sort out badly fitting panels on my F Type, without success, they suggested that that I contact Jaguar direct with a letter and photographs of the problem. They said that Jaguar would probably take more notice of me than of them! Ultimately two techs from Jaguar came over to the dealers to sort out the problem one Saturday morning. The repair wasn't perfect but they said it was within manufacturing tolerances! We still have an F Pace which has been perfect for almost two years, apart from auto stop/start not working (which is good!). My F Type which went back to the dealers seven times in three years has been replaced by a Mercedes. I did so want to buy British cars!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.