Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

Jaguar and Land Rover cars recalled for excessive CO2 emissions

26K views 44 replies 14 participants last post by  Jalees 
#1 ·
#27 ·
Car has now been in to resolve the inoperative Stop/Start function that involved an overnight charge and an update to the battery monitor software, which led me to enquire whether the update included the H185 'fix'; it didn't and I was told that it only applies to a small number of vehicles, not every one in the Vin range eg only 22 vehicles affected in the county of Hampshire.

#28 ·
Personally I am disappointed at JLR standard response to a lot problems they get. They state, "It is working to the manufactures specification". Even when it is not working correctly. I have purchased two F Paces, 2.0D and a 3.0DS. The issue on the front wheel judder was very bad. They said it was manufacturers specification. Had JLR check the geometry and it was out, corrected it and it was then acceptable. Then on the 3.0ds still have a SatNav issue. On loan JLR cars some had the same and others were OK. My first F Pace was also ok, but not the Second F Pace. The Engineers have seen it and I have even video of the bad map positioning. Again after many mails between us. The official JLR response is "It is working to manufacturers specification".. How can it be ?? They have walked away from the issue. Bad customer after care service. What a shame !

#29 ·
Got my letter today re 185 engine update.

It's going nowhere near the dealers that's for sure 😂

Interestingly having had a chat with a legal boffin , I've been informed that you can refuse the update as you own the car. They have no legal right to apply any updates or make any changes to the vehicle that you explicitly refuse and inform them of this, it is your property to do with as you wish.😎

Just to add to this
When you take your car to the dealer , you are always asked for a signature , this signature forms a contract that you are agreeing to the work stipulated.
You simply add a line saying "I DO NOT authorise the application H185 recall engine software to be applied to this vehicle " . And sign it , this forms part of your contract and comes under contract law for legal purposes. 😎😎.

That little scribble of your signature carries a lot of weight in contract law.

#30 ·
My car goes in next week. I have built up an excellent rapport with my dealer and I'm not expecting any problems. Legal opinions, good God, are we not overthinking this a little, it's only a software update.

#31 ·
jeffreywoodham said:
My car goes in next week. I have built up an excellent rapport with my dealer and I'm not expecting any problems. Legal opinions, good God, are we not overthinking this a little, it's only a software update.
Not when they admit "customers will notice a performance change".

I'm happy for others to be a beta tester for this update . If you got shafted ( like my brother) on the VW engine update , you do tend to be a bit more cautious on updates with details of the change in parameters to the engine. Once bitten and all that ...

#34 ·
if the cars performance is a noticeably change it will be important. Especially if it was a main reason why you purchased the F Pace. I would not be happy if it made the F Pace a bit lame !

#35 ·
A bit lame, I doubt it. I can't see it making much difference to a 3.0d diesel. There are people on here who say they use ECO mode all the time, I can't understand why you would buy an F-Pace and do that. Mine stays in 'chequered flag' mode.

#36 ·
Georgy said:
Is the recall obligatory? I'd be tempted to refuse any mods. "If it ain't broke"
If it's an emission issue then you maybe OK till the first cars MOT, problem with these manufactures and it's not Jaguar it's them all, your car goes in for a service and they could change many things, they say they have updated software ect but your never know 100% what they have changed, if you have your car serviced yearly then you may find they have to do the update with or without your permission, they could do it and just not tell you.

They could have just said nothing and done this update anyway when the cars are serviced so in some ways you have to say at least they have told you, now if that's a Jaguar decision or the industry government telling them to tell you who knows. ;)

#37 ·
Emission figures such as CO2 aren't checked on MOT, I guess you'd soon find out the update is applied when it no longer shows as an outstanding campaign in topix.
But yes they could have just done the update without saying anything , but that's not ethical.

What is more interesting is that the testing failure showed up the diesel CO2 issue as listed by the EU , then JLR subsequently release info on the petrol......so where is the diesel fix ( which will be harder to implement) .are they burying the diesel info with petrol updates and news of recalls just incase someone shouts dieselgate ?😳

#43 ·
Hi,

Well just came across so asked.
Anyway mine was ordered in September 2018 and I got it on 23rd November 2018 so still not sure as I have not received any notice , made me wonder if mine came out with that update already applied from the factory.

Thanks.

#45 ·
Hi,

Yes then perhaps you are right it's MY19 then due to this half year thing reg: LC68 ..... So you reckon that co2 update must have already been applied from factory?
If that is the case then there is one thing to notice but I'll come that to it later.

Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.