Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

F-Pace SVR coming soon?

217K views 622 replies 67 participants last post by  davidmt 
#1 ·
I know there have been a couple of mentions on here - can't find any confirmation though - about the possibility of a mythical F-Pace.

I have very recently been informed by a reliable source* - and I've seen it being tested - that the F-Pace SVR will arrive later this year.

5.0 supercharged V8, as in the F-Type. almost 600hp, with uprated everything.

Rumoured to be sensibly priced (if something like this can be sensible) at about £60k for the base model.

Local dealer would neither confirm nor deny, but did say say Jaguar are planning to go further down the performance route with all cars, as the new XE would signify.

I know there are a couple of vids doing the rounds from the Nurburgring etc. so it seems to back up the info.

Comments or other news anyone?

*Not a bloke down the pub ;)

See less See more
#502 ·
Smitten said:
p3eps said:
I'd never even sat in a Jaguar, let alone an F-Pace when I ordered my SVR!
Turned out the leap was a good one!
......... However, I still find it bizarre we haven't seen a single press review
Ditto x 1000!

#503 ·
Yeah that is weird. Presumably because JLR have not made one available to journos. Which is a bit weird.

At this rate we'll have a press report on the Lister LFT666 before we see on in the model it is based on. ;)

#504 ·
davidmt said:
Build details below - please shout if I have missed anything vital!!....
This might start a debate but I am not sure I would have bothered with 4 zone climate control as we have heard from others on here it doesn't really work. Or with air ionisation and head up display. I found the normal speedo fine doing 150mph on the auto bahn at Christmas. However I would want a heated windscreen and washer jets, rear heated seats and lumbar adjustment on 14 way seats? If I was specifying again I would add seat memory which included mirror memory when I last looked but may have changed. Not sure if locking wheel nuts are included either. Oh and don't forget a skinny spare, those pump and gunk things are next to useless.

#505 ·
The SVR comes with heated windscreen, heated water jets, rear heated seats, fully adjustable electric memory seats and locking wheel nuts as standard.

I wouldn't go without the HUD now after using it for 3 weeks. I wasn't sure if I'd like it or not - but thought I'd give it a try. A little distracting for the first couple of drives (much like the heated windscreen), but I love it now. I'd definitely order one in any future car I could.
I took the skinny spare. Hopefully never use it, but I'd rather it was there just in case!

I think I've got most of the options listed above - with the the exception of the 4 zone climate and cabin ionisation. I rarely have rear passengers, so it seemed pointless.
A couple of handy extras I have are the luggage rails... and an electric tow bar for putting my bike carrier on!

#506 ·
Excellent to have so many items I consider essential as standard.

#507 ·
Well the dealer has told me today that my car is on order, was held due to a change from MY19 to MY20. he detailed that the only change he was are of is the addition of Apple Car Play so now we don't need to pay for that. Still no official build or delivery dates but hoping to get these in the next week or so. He's promised to keep me updated weekly. Have trip planned for to the Isle of Man TT in June would be nice to have it for then, but think that's wishful thinking on my part lol... Just keen to get the car now, we're all the same once we order something we want it, well I'm like that. Enjoy your cars people, I'm liking the fact there seems to be more and more video's on youtube for the SVR, but still no new reviews from the industry. My dealer believes that the press should have cars now, their showroom SVR is due to them this week but will not be a demonstrator. So if you want to look at a silver car then Marshall's in Lincoln should have one end of the week, when I kwon i will pop over to have a look and post some pictures of it. Have a great week all.

#508 ·
Smitten said:
davidmt said:
Build details below - please shout if I have missed anything vital!!....
This might start a debate but I am not sure I would have bothered with 4 zone climate control as we have heard from others on here it doesn't really work. Or with air ionisation and head up display. I found the normal speedo fine doing 150mph on the auto bahn at Christmas. However I would want a heated windscreen and washer jets, rear heated seats and lumbar adjustment on 14 way seats? If I was specifying again I would add seat memory which included mirror memory when I last looked but may have changed. Not sure if locking wheel nuts are included either. Oh and don't forget a skinny spare, those pump and gunk things are next to useless.
I had four zone climate control on the Fpace and it does not work, your find a thread on here i posted about the issues and how i was speaking to Jaguar technical that it does not work as designed, you could not adjust the fan speeds independently front and back which was strange and not how the system was designed, maybe they have now sorted this issue as i would not be buying this without seeing it work as designed.

#509 ·
Hi Guys

I have an F-pace SVR on order. The build date is for next month but I have missed the cut off for changes. I want to change the colour I chose but they are telling me that this is not possible.

Has anyone had any experience getting the specification changes after the cut off date or can offer some advice?

Thanks

#510 ·
Guess there's no point in having a cut-off date, if you can in fact make changes afterwards. Did they make clear to you that there was a cut-off date and when it was?

#512 ·
Smhsvr said:
Hi Guys

I have an F-pace SVR on order. The build date is for next month but I have missed the cut off for changes. I want to change the colour I chose but they are telling me that this is not possible.

Has anyone had any experience getting the specification changes after the cut off date or can offer some advice?

Thanks
I suggest you cancel and let me have the build slot.....please :lol: .

#513 ·
I was given a build date, and told that my order had to been confirmed. I was then given a "last change" date.

During the whole Corris Grey debacle, I asked if I could just order any colour of car and have it changed to Corris Grey / Eiger Grey when they could order it again. They advised that the colour couldn't be changed after the order was confirmed... and if I picked Silver or Black at this time, then I would end up with that colour of car.
I thought it was a bit odd telling me that my colour chosen in December would be the one I'd get - despite my build date being the end of March at the time. They then made Corris Grey available again, so I got what I actually wanted, and what I ordered!!

#518 ·
Apart from the startup, it sounds like a regular V8 under normal driving. When you put your foot down, the volume increases.
I'm still running in, so haven't been above 5k rpm, but up there it's loud with some crackling.

Depends how you drive... you can pull away from the traffic lights quietly or loud depending how far you press the pedal!

#519 ·
On my F-Type R Coupe, I have an exhaust switch which allows me to increase / decrease the exhaust tone. Also a Sport mode which does exactly the same whilst changing the performance characteristics. Does these features apply to the F-Pace SVR? I know on my existing F-Pace I have the three driving modes Eco, Regular & Sport.

#521 ·
Hi all,

I went to see the showroom SVR at Marshall Jaguar Lincoln to day (see pictures) the car has not been PDI'd as yet and was outside on the roof. I did get to start it up and of course sit in it. It's nice can't wait to get mine but no date as yet is sat in a order pool apprently. However I may change the colour from ultra blue to grey and add some extras just waitig till Monday for some details and see if I can still make changes.

There care is silver with red interior which looks more orange than red to me. I love the 22" wheels so this might be one of the changes however I do a lot of motorway driving and always heard the 22's were not great for that. Anyhow, enjoy the pictures and your SVR if you are lucky enough to already have it.

Attachments

#523 ·
I was told that by my dealer when I got my R-Sport advised they made the ride hard on motorways. However the SVR is a completely different car and set up so could be better. I'm now leaning towards the 22's.

#525 ·
I could see the argument of 22's being a harder ride on potholed roads... but not on a motorway?
The SVR is set up stiff anyway, so I don't think an extra inch of rubber would make much of a difference.

So far, I've only seen photos of 1 car with the 21's on. All show cars, and deliveries so far have the 22's.
All the cars at the press event the other day had 22's too. Usually if they sacrificed the ride, the manufacturer would give the car to the press on the smaller wheels for a more favourable review!

As for the red interior... it definitely changes shade in different lights. I can't say I've ever thought it was orange, but sometimes it looks really bright red, and sometimes it's quite dull. I'm really happy with it - I think it looks great with the grey paint / red callipers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.