ICTP Patch 4.0

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
jim109b
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:02 pm

Re: ICTP Patch 4.0

Post by jim109b » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:25 pm

Going back in a week on Monday, the 25th. If it's something they've done wrong/missed when doing the upgrade maybe it'll be sorted. Otherwise, it's back to waiting for a fix from JLR. Or rolling back to an earlier stable version if that's practical.

I shall report back!

I worked in the software industry for many a year, and sadly this sort of saga is all too familiar.
Portfolio 30d, Corris Gray + toys


DjP
Posts: 159
Joined: Thu May 04, 2017 3:32 pm

Re: ICTP Patch 4.0

Post by DjP » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:24 am

Pieface21 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:02 pm
DjP.........

Just an FYI.......I recently got 18D and in my opinion, its the very best so far. Picked up a ton of speed all around and all the bells and whistles are ringing properly. Not sure what the deal is with 19A........but, I think I'll be sticking with 18D for now - or at least until they sort things out and I start to see better reports on 19A coming in.
Good to hear! Did you have 18C before that or did you skip a few versions to get to 18D? I can only compare 18C with prior versions and it's working well enough for me not to be tempted more at this point...
DjP


Felixstowe
Posts: 119
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:38 pm
Contact:

Re: ICTP Patch 4.0

Post by Felixstowe » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:18 pm

Well just had the latest version installed.........oh dear! Still not right..... maybe one day !

AEF21297-D2BE-4B18-B88E-DBD6FA57BCBB.jpeg

F Pace R-Sport 2.0D AWD, M/Y 18, Black pack, memory seats, Glass roof, ITCP, 22” wheels. plus a few other bits!
Previously:
XF, XE, XJ, S Type and the first car X Type.


June16
Posts: 1108
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:45 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: ICTP Patch 4.0

Post by June16 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:48 pm

Felixstowe wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:18 pm
Well just had the latest version installed.........oh dear! Still not right..... maybe one day !
That’s the same number as the version that was pulled by JLR .......are they now installing it again , or has your dealer not noticed it’s pulled?? :shock:
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc


corriescar66
Posts: 1711
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:22 pm

Re: ICTP Patch 4.0

Post by corriescar66 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:11 pm

June16 wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:48 pm
Felixstowe wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:18 pm
Well just had the latest version installed.........oh dear! Still not right..... maybe one day !
That’s the same number as the version that was pulled by JLR .......are they now installing it again , or has your dealer not noticed it’s pulled?? :shock:
As far as I am aware, 18D is the one that has been pulled not 19A....


Felixstowe
Posts: 119
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:38 pm
Contact:

Re: ICTP Patch 4.0

Post by Felixstowe » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:28 pm

Hi June, I believe this is now the latest release. It was going to be done a couple of weeks ago but was pulled. I then had a call from the dealer telling me that they had now got “the latest all singing and dancing release”. ICTP crashed about 5 minutes after I left the dealership, rebooted itself twice and then “calmed down”. Car play works most of the time, navigation appears to be robust ( at the moment) but if I use the jaguar system to play music it lags, won’t scroll and then crashes. Not sure if this version is capable of over the air updates, hopefully it is and when they have another go at getting it right it might just load itself :lol: :lol:
F Pace R-Sport 2.0D AWD, M/Y 18, Black pack, memory seats, Glass roof, ITCP, 22” wheels. plus a few other bits!
Previously:
XF, XE, XJ, S Type and the first car X Type.


User avatar
Reggraham
Posts: 164
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:49 am

Re: ICTP Patch 4.0

Post by Reggraham » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:47 pm

I'm still having problems with USB playing, I don't like ACP it doesn't give me any extra and I can't display its MAP on my dash so no use at all. As far as Maps go in general today both apple and google maps refused to update traffic on my iPhone and I have compared the traffic on Sygic, apple maps and Google maps and they all show roughly the same within seconds of each other. So as far as the USB problems go I will live with them on 18D until a more reliable update becomes available, using part of the old saying what is not completely broken don't break it anymore. I will monitor the forum until the consensus shows the next version is reliable then I'll get it done and hopefully I will get a working USB player as my USB stick contains more music than my iPhone anyway.
F-Pace Portfolio MY19 25T Yulong While/Light Oyster 20" wheels, Park Pack, Drive Pack, Touch Pro nav pack
Range Rover Evoque Dynamic MY15 Firenze Red Black Pack, Park Pack


Felixstowe
Posts: 119
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:38 pm
Contact:

Re: ICTP Patch 4.0

Post by Felixstowe » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:07 pm

Hi reggraham,
I’m actually using ICTP maps whilst at the same time using CarPlay for the music and texts. The jaguar navigation appears to be working well, all I have done is opted for car play and then pressed the jaguar icon to go back to maps ( seems to work !)
F Pace R-Sport 2.0D AWD, M/Y 18, Black pack, memory seats, Glass roof, ITCP, 22” wheels. plus a few other bits!
Previously:
XF, XE, XJ, S Type and the first car X Type.


jim109b
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:02 pm

Re: ICTP Patch 4.0

Post by jim109b » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:28 pm

Felixstowe wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:28 pm
Hi June, I believe this is now the latest release. It was going to be done a couple of weeks ago but was pulled. I then had a call from the dealer telling me that they had now got “the latest all singing and dancing release”. ICTP crashed about 5 minutes after I left the dealership, rebooted itself twice and then “calmed down”. Car play works most of the time, navigation appears to be robust ( at the moment) but if I use the jaguar system to play music it lags, won’t scroll and then crashes. Not sure if this version is capable of over the air updates, hopefully it is and when they have another go at getting it right it might just load itself :lol: :lol:
And do voice commands work in general? And voice guidance from nav ....or are these two bugs specific to me...?
Portfolio 30d, Corris Gray + toys


Felixstowe
Posts: 119
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:38 pm
Contact:

Re: ICTP Patch 4.0

Post by Felixstowe » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:23 pm

Hi Jim 109b,
Can confirm voice control working fine with navigation but can’t comment on music selection as mine not working ( having to use CarPlay instead).
F Pace R-Sport 2.0D AWD, M/Y 18, Black pack, memory seats, Glass roof, ITCP, 22” wheels. plus a few other bits!
Previously:
XF, XE, XJ, S Type and the first car X Type.


Post Reply

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”