Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

F-Pace SVR coming soon?

217K views 622 replies 67 participants last post by  davidmt 
#1 ·
I know there have been a couple of mentions on here - can't find any confirmation though - about the possibility of a mythical F-Pace.

I have very recently been informed by a reliable source* - and I've seen it being tested - that the F-Pace SVR will arrive later this year.

5.0 supercharged V8, as in the F-Type. almost 600hp, with uprated everything.

Rumoured to be sensibly priced (if something like this can be sensible) at about £60k for the base model.

Local dealer would neither confirm nor deny, but did say say Jaguar are planning to go further down the performance route with all cars, as the new XE would signify.

I know there are a couple of vids doing the rounds from the Nurburgring etc. so it seems to back up the info.

Comments or other news anyone?

*Not a bloke down the pub ;)

See less See more
#302 ·
ADSR

Hitting a patch of standing water over the brow of a hill at over 200kph on the autobahn I would say ADSR is worth every penny of the small price to option. Car made a momentary skip/wobble and then regained composure. Really instilled confidence.

Configurable ambient lights

I have the configurable lighting which is great! Only irritation is the lighting colour of the instrument console to the centre is fixed pale blue and does not change with the rest of the lighting. Might be worth asking about this as it may have changed but suspect not. Again small price for nice evening ambience. BTW you still get yellowy white in the boot, wheel wells, glove compartment...

Tracker

Not sure I would bother with a tracker. The first thing the criminals do is steal the car, park it and wait to see who shows-up. Or they stick it in a steel shipping container and hey presto....no signal. I would get yourself a Faraday pouch for keys as they clearly work and aim at preventing theft/relay theft to start with.

Head-up display

Search on here for head up display - not sure there have been many fans and at 145mph on the autobahn last week it wasn't really necessary as I knew it was quite fast :)

Personally I would go a premium colour if deciding again although I do really like the silver apart from that delighted with my spec

#303 ·
And agree with SteveC the 350w Meridian sound system is excellent and best sound system I have had in a car. Maybe surround sound is OTT

#305 ·
Thanks for the comments and the photo - agree silver looks good but rest of family not keen. Only premium colour option on SVR is ultra blue and not keen on a flashy colour. I like the stealthy look and the photo so might stick with black.
I thought adaptive surface response was only useful for off road if so I need to read more about this.
I have the meridian surround system in my current car (XFR) so assumed I would miss this if I give it up but maybe not...

#307 ·
Smitten said:
Tracker

Not sure I would bother with a tracker. The first thing the criminals do is steal the car, park it and wait to see who shows-up. Or they stick it in a steel shipping container and hey presto....no signal. I would get yourself a Faraday pouch for keys as they clearly work and aim at preventing theft/relay theft to start with.
Smitten, I agree that a Faraday pouch is a very good and very cheap security option. I use a couple for one of my current cars which is keyless - £10 for 2 from Halfords.

However not having a good tracker on a car that valuable is a risk. In fact a lot of insurance companies will insist on it for cars over a certain value (e.g direct line make it mandatory for anything over £75k). Also good trackers have other features such as driver recognition that prevent the car from starting even if they nick the keys, plus the ability to cut the ignition remotely. And can track them overseas in some cases. Recovery rates for cars fitted with trackers are good - around 90%, with 80% recovered within 24 hours.

I should have said he needs a tracker rather than maybe the Jag option.

#308 ·
The new Eiger Grey will be an SVR exclusive colour, and quite discreet at the same time.

I'm going with...
Eiger Grey (or whatever mid grey colour they finally decide!)
Black 22" wheels
Panoramic sliding roof
Tinted windows
Red / black interior
Carbon trim
Surround Sound
Park Pack
HUD Pack
Electronic Tow Bar (for my bike rack)
Reduced Spare Wheel
Configurable ambient lighting
Load space rails
Remote seat release levers
ADSR
360 Camera
CD/DVD player
5 year service plan (although vanished from configurator now?)

#309 ·
Jagseven said:
Thanks for the comments and the photo - agree silver looks good but rest of family not keen. Only premium colour option on SVR is ultra blue and not keen on a flashy colour. I like the stealthy look and the photo so might stick with black.
I thought adaptive surface response was only useful for off road if so I need to read more about this.
I have the meridian surround system in my current car (XFR) so assumed I would miss this if I give it up but maybe not...
There were rumours that the premium palette as available on the F-Type might be available on the F-Pace at some point, but they are only rumours. May be worth asking Jag if you can throw some money at them for a special edition - it's possible, as I recall seeing a pic of Jag management F-Pace in a very nice burnt orange colour.

As for ADSR, its only £160 and is claimed to deal with a variety of tricky surfaces, not just off-road:
http://www.ownerinfo.jaguar.com/document/4A/2019/T28409/30766_en_GBR/proc/G2247868
So for me that's a no-brainer.

#310 ·
Steve C said:
There were rumours that the premium palette as available on the F-Type might be available on the F-Pace at some point, but they are only rumours. May be worth asking Jag if you can throw some money at them for a special edition - it's possible, as I recall seeing a pic of Jag management F-Pace in a very nice burnt orange colour.
The current brochure says the custom pallete will be available with 15000 colours: https://www.jaguar.com/Images/Jaguar-F-PACE-Brochure-1X76119000R0BXCEN01P_tcm660-590847.pdf
It also says one of the 7 standard colours will be Corris Grey though!!

#311 ·
p3eps said:
Steve C said:
The current brochure says the custom pallete will be available with 15000 colours: https://www.jaguar.com/Images/Jaguar-F-PACE-Brochure-1X76119000R0BXCEN01P_tcm660-590847.pdf
It also says one of the 7 standard colours will be Corris Grey though!!
Good spot - although it's not an option on the configurator for some reason.

#313 ·
Steve C said:
Smitten said:
Tracker

Smitten, I agree that a Faraday pouch is a very good and very cheap security option. I use a couple for one of my current cars which is keyless - £10 for 2 from Halfords.

However not having a good tracker on a car that valuable is a risk. In fact a lot of insurance companies will insist on it for cars over a certain value (e.g direct line make it mandatory for anything over £75k). Also good trackers have other features such as driver recognition that prevent the car from starting even if they nick the keys, plus the ability to cut the ignition remotely. And can track them overseas in some cases. Recovery rates for cars fitted with trackers are good - around 90%, with 80% recovered within 24 hours.

Didn't know recovery rates were that good as clearly all high value cars are targets. Surprised the insurance industry doesn't make them mandatory for all cars.

#314 ·
Smitten said:
Steve C said:
Smitten said:
Tracker

Didn't know recovery rates were that good as clearly all high value cars are targets. Surprised the insurance industry doesn't make them mandatory for all cars.
It cost - they're a few hundred quid to fit and then there's an annual monitoring fee. Definitely get one, preferably a cat 5 which is the highest level of commercially available trackers.

#315 ·
The InControl Secure is only Cat 6 though (which is counter-intuitively less secure than Cat 5).

I had the same argument with my insurance on my RRSport SVR but essentially the JLR tracker isn't as good as aftermarket versions. Some insurers actually wouldn't insure if it wasn't a Cat 5 tracker so those with the InSecure (!) system had to retro-fit something else!

#317 ·
p3eps said:
Spoke with the dealer again today. They still can't put in a Corris Grey order - it's just not available!

They have received a sample of Eiger Grey and Portofino Blue... so wonder if the replacement for Corris will be Eiger on the SVR.
I notice it is a selectable colour on the F-Type SVR... but "coming March 2019".
P3eps, if you don't mind can I know which dealer you spoke to? I would be keen on the Portofino Blue but my dealer has no clue if it is available for the F Pace SVR from March onwards? On the configurator it is showing under F Type R as being available from March 19 onwards only. Thanks.

#319 ·
FP-SVR said:
P3eps, if you don't mind can I know which dealer you spoke to? I would be keen on the Portofino Blue but my dealer has no clue if it is available for the F Pace SVR from March onwards? On the configurator it is showing under F Type R as being available from March 19 onwards only. Thanks.
They only told me they had received samples of both... no mention of them being for the F-Pace. I assume they're both for the F-Type, as they appear on its configurator.
My dealer wondered if the Eiger Grey was as a result of Corris Grey not being available on the F-Pace.

#320 ·
Jagseven said:
I have ordered an SVR today in Corris Grey with possible change to the new grey depending what Jaguar come back with...
Did your dealer actually mention that there was potentially a change to Corris Grey?
I'm still confused how mine told me they couldn't place my Corris Grey order on the 20th December, yet they sent me a confirmed build screenshot yesterday that was placed on the 21st and confirmed on the 29th!

#321 ·
Yes - dealer said it was likely but not certain and it might impact on delivery times. It was not yet confirmed by Jaguar. It might be that the first few cars will be in Corris Grey....but nobody seems to know yet.

#322 ·
Dealer also said deliver estimate is early April - he suggested I would probably get my car before they get their demo. They are very keen to get a car themselves because the one person at the dealer who had actually driven a car said it was fantastic - "a real weapon of car"

#323 ·
SVRunner said:
Here's the black prototype I saw in the wild yesterday... if I can get it to upload!

Personally I think the black hides all the extra scoops/vents and makes it a bit too subtle that's it's the SVR.
So they have one out driving on the road, but they haven't given it to the mags to test yet. Bit odd?

#326 ·
So how many have actually placed their order and what spec....?
Im in - deposit went in early September and order finally confirmed last week. Dealer (Guy Salmon Maidstone) believes delivery will be early March and they think their demo car will arrive first (contrary to some other comments here).

My Spec:
Ultra Blue - Its a stand out car so I thought I'd embrace that!
22" 5 split-spoke 'Style 5081' with Diamond Turned finish
Sliding Panoramic Roof
Privacy glass
Ebony interior
Surround Sound
Head-Up Display Pack
Drive Pack
Configurable Ambient Interior Lighting
Heated R-Sport Branded Multi-Function Steering Wheel
Reduced Spare Wheel
Loadspace storage rails
Rear seat remote release levers
Adaptive Surface Response (AdSR)
360 Camera
Illuminated metal loadspace scuff plate
Illuminated metal tread plates with Jaguar script
Activity Key
Luggage Compartment Side Net
5 year service plan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.