Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

Slow acceleration

6K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Jagfpacejk 
#1 ·
Hi all. I've had my f pace for 18 months now. I have the 2.0l diesel r sport 180hp AWD.
I just wondered if anyone else with this model have noticed that when you put your foot on the accelerator (from standstill) it takes a second to actually go anywhere. It moves very slowly then it's like there's a delay with the engine realising the accelerator is pressed.
I've mentioned it to the dealer but the guy I spoke to didn't seem to know if it was a. Issue or not.
I had a evoque as a courtesy car when the f pace was in for a service and the evoque responded instantly.
Anyone experienced this?

#2 ·
The Evoque is an entirely different drivetrain.

The FPace normally starts in second gear ( no idea why ) so will rev to close to 2000 before you move off they say that is "normal". If yours is not reving promptly it's probably a worn turbo. Gradually getting worse and you hadn't noticed, there have been quite a few turbo failures.

#3 ·
Have you got a problem with a sticking EGR valve ? I had one on my car.

#4 ·
As mentioned the Fpace starts in 2nd gear, to see if this is the issue with your engine size and power, manual select 1st gear and then try pulling away.

If you pull away quickly then the issue lies with where the engine management is set to start in 2nd gear.

This issue will appear worse on a large car with a smaller powered engine the it would with a small car or if you have a large car with a large engine then the power of the engine will be more and less noticeable.

Good luck and let us know how the trial goes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.