Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

Hello

5K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  JOCK55 
#1 ·
Hello I'm Dave, I have just ordered an F-Pace R-Sport 30T in caesium blue with 300bhp petrol engine. I currently drive a Range Rover Sport with 306bhp diesel, the plan was to keep the sport for 5 years but due to the oil dilution problems the car is going after 8 months, had to have an oil change after 6 moths and 3500 miles.
Unfortunately I have to wait till end of jan early feb for the car to be delivered.

#3 ·
Hi Dave, welcome! Especially to another ex-RRS owner that has migrated to an R-Sport 30T. I got mine back in September when the registration changed. I have to say that it is a very enjoyable car to drive. However, don't try comparing it to the RRS. They are very different cars! The only thing I miss from the RRS is the pneumatic suspension. The higher driving position of the RRS was nice but you soon get used to being at the same height as other motorists!! What I do love is the lack of lag between putting your foot on the throttle and something actually happening, the suicide lag! There's none of that with this car, in fact quite the opposite - instant reaction! You may find fuel economy a bit of a hurdle to get over, forget what's published whether WLTP figures or not!! When I first got the car I was struggling to achieve 19 mpg. However, as the car has loosened up I am now averaging 25mpg. Still a long way from the 34mpg that Jaguar advertise but......

Good luck with the car when you get it and keep us up to date with your thoughts. We, as far as I am aware are the only 2 owners of an F-Pace with the i4, 3.0T engine. Om Jag Approved website there are 2 more, but that's all I can find!!!

Best of luck,

Jock

#5 ·
Had a call from the dealer and the car should be built by the 30 of nov and with them 2 weeks after, so looks like I might have an early xmas present. Really looking forward to getting it as the run around car I bought is a pile of crap, I will never buy another Vauxhall

#6 ·
I picked up my 3.0d Portfolio yesterday which was about a week early as the dealer told me that the factory is trying to get all the orders out before the Christmas shutdown! :cool:

#8 ·
I ordered mine this time last year and took delivery 24th April 2018 so things have clearly improved!

#9 ·
Well I picked up the car a week before xmas. The drive home was sum what disappointing, the car lacked any get up and go and certainly did not feel like it had 300 bhp and 400nm. Now having done just over 300 miles it is a totally different car, picks up much better and the fuel consumption is much better than anticipated at just over 26mpg.
The toys I specced are excellent. The adaptive cruise is excellent it follows the car in front very well. The seats are far superior than the range rover sport, much comfier. The ride is also far superior to that of the sport, I had 21s on the sport and have the 20s on the F_pace.
All in all I love the F-Pace, but that doesn't mean that I won't play with it. I have plans for exhaust and remap, not yet but it is in the future.
Cheers Dave

#10 ·
Hi Dave, good to hear that you have collected your 300t. I see what you have said about fuel consumption. Mine was identical, lucky to get greater than 19 mpg for first few hundred miles. The ECO button helped to reduce this to 24 mpg. However after the first 1,000 miles it was like Jekyll and Hyde. Without ECO I started to get +/- 29 mpg and with it, went up to 35 mpg and still improving marginally although not quite at the 37 mpg claimed by JLR for combined driving!! I spoke to the dealer about this and he said they were programmed to run rich in the early miles to protect the engine. Have fun in the vehicle. Check the version of the ICTP software loaded. It should be 18D by now. Mine came with 18B in September!!!

Happy Motoring,

Jock

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.