Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

ICTP Patch 4.0

321K views 714 replies 108 participants last post by  paddypaws 
#1 ·
Just thought I'd start the thread in readiness...

Apparently it's coming to a cinema near you very soon.....

I wonder what the 'Helmet' will become then?

#303 ·
YES!! Just picked my car up after a V4 update - wow, what a difference!! It's like night and day!

Apple CarPlay - thanks nicknr, your info helped massively
Voice control satnav
New ICTP interface

LOVING CarPlay and great that it integrates Google Maps as the nav system! Also reads my SMS and WhatsApp messages and lets me reply via voice recognition. I feel like I've jumped into the 21st century!

Thanks F-Pace Forum, you're the best!

#304 ·
Which dealer was this?? Did they have to do the smartphone app activation.. did they do all this for free? Which MY are you?

Thanks!

#306 ·
It was done at Marshalls Cambridge - I'm usually pulling my hair out with them but, to their credit, they came up trumps on the update this time round... although I did need to push them a little and the info on this thread helped enormously.

It was all done for free and I guess they activated the smartphone pack as a separate part of the update, I don't know for sure as its all done behind the scenes - they didn't seem to know about it until I showed them the info from nicknr.

My F-Pace is an X761 2017MY and the ICTP had not been updated since the factory.

#307 ·
Great stuff and congrats! Don't think I had heard of anyone else definitively getting it in the fpace.. dealer I am talking to saying will be end of month or Nov before they get anything

V annoying the mixed messages!

#308 ·
ptolemyiv said:
Great stuff and congrats! Don't think I had heard of anyone else definitively getting it in the fpace.. dealer I am talking to saying will be end of month or Nov before they get anything

V annoying the mixed messages!
The software was released on October 8th it's up to the dealers to update thier own in house service computers to thr latest software so they can then update customers cars. Some dealers don't take the this. That's what causes delays. Plus sometimes the service techs don't talk to the service advisors to let them know when they are ready to roll out the latest updates.

DP

#309 ·
Just booked mine in for latest phase 4 and Apple Car play plus some winter tyres.

They want £200 for Apple Car play so I've asked them to go back and check why I'm having to pay for it whilst ICTP doesn't work properly .

I await their answer

#310 ·
June16 said:
Just booked mine in for latest phase 4 and Apple Car play plus some winter tyres.

They want £200 for Apple Car play so I've asked them to go back and check why I'm having to pay for it whilst ICTP doesn't work properly .

I await their answer
£200!! Shocking! Which dealer is this?

#311 ·
MyNameIsMatt said:
June16 said:

I await their answer
Lancaster Reading, which dealer did you use?

#312 ·
June16 said:
MyNameIsMatt said:
June16 said:

I await their answer
Lancaster Reading, which dealer did you use?
Marshalls Cambridge

#315 ·
It's a simpler layout, with just the three main tiles: Nav, Media and Phone (while the Climate tile of earlier versions has now been relegated from the homescreen)

Personally I don't much like the pale background version, but at least you can have a darker background version which loses that anaemic appearance. See this 'sticky' thread to view the other themes which are available to select... https://www.fpaceforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3982

#317 ·
Hey Catwoman, hope you're well and good to see you're still on here 😎 yes I managed to change it to the dark background, which looks better, but I still think it looks rubbish compared to how it did 😫😔 also got more things that don't work now, all he wanted was an option to delete albums/tracks, and for the system to stop throwing his music into the 'various artists' album. I wish I'd never talked him into the pro system, it's been a right faf at times 🤬

#318 ·
bluediamond013 said:
Hey Catwoman, hope you're well and good to see you're still on here 😎 yes I managed to change it to the dark background, which looks better, but I still think it looks rubbish compared to how it did 😫😔 also got more things that don't work now, all he wanted was an option to delete albums/tracks, and for the system to stop throwing his music into the 'various artists' album. I wish I'd never talked him into the pro system, it's been a right faf at times 🤬
New tech is always "a right faff at times". Bring back slide rules, log tables, letters written by hand and a world without the internet, mobile telephony and the space age I say (ironically). I am old enough to remember but I enjoy driving my car with all it has to offer. Your dad will cope.

#319 ·
Smitten said:
bluediamond013 said:
New tech is always "a right faff at times". Bring back slide rules, log tables, letters written by hand and a world without the internet, mobile telephony and the space age I say (ironically). I am old enough to remember but I enjoy driving my car with all it has to offer. Your dad will cope.
I'm 38 years old and would welcome a world like in all honesty. All he wanted was a delete option for tracks/albums and for the system to record CDs with the correct titles and info, unlike how it's (barely) worked for the last 2 and a half years. He doesn't need or want apple car play and all the rest of that pointless (to us) stuff. His last car was a mitsubishi outlander with the factory Rockford Fosgate stereo which had plenty of stuff on it that these modern systems have, but it all worked an absolute treat.

Now, seemingly amongst other things, we can't check how much data is left on the card, his internet doesn't work, even the weather app doesn't work now. Simple things, that all worked before 🧐

I won't go too into the rest, but it's just had a new diff, new hub in the passenger front wheel, and an annoying rattle from the boot done. It's barely gone past 20k miles so far 😒

#320 ·
I recently had upgrade 4 on my 2016 FP and really pleased - quick to boot up and no glitches so far.Regarding background you can also change wallpaper background - I have blue check on which looks better.
I have today enquired about smartphone pack to get Apple CarPlay and been advised by dealer that it is available but at a cost of £200😡

#321 ·
Golf2016 said:
I recently had upgrade 4 on my 2016 FP and really pleased - quick to boot up and no glitches so far.Regarding background you can also change wallpaper background - I have blue check on which looks better.
I have today enquired about smartphone pack to get Apple CarPlay and been advised by dealer that it is available but at a cost of £200😡
Ouch, that sounds a bit pricey really 😵

Im finding the update fairly clunky so far, I don't think any part of it feels like it's working faster so far. I did find the wallpaper backgrounds, but it's a bit of a lame addition imo. The first satnav I ever had in 2003 had the ability to load up custom photos as backgrounds so the background options were limitless.

I spent 3/4s of an hour last night trying to get it to load uo the SIM card, all to no avail. I did get it working this morning on the 3rd attempt, but now we've finished work, it's switched itself off and won't load it up again.

It would be nice if these updates actually fixed problems instead of creating more while adding pointless stuff 🤬🤬🤬🤬

#322 ·
Hi all - I'm a visitor here from the Land Rover side of the family. I'm trying to put together a list of successful 18C/Smartphone upgrades:

Year/Make/Model/Trim Level
Date of install
Dealership where the work was performed
Cost of upgrade or if it was free of charge
What was installed: 18C, 18C + Smartphone pack, Smartphone pack

I started a thread here but if you guys collect info on your site, I'll add it manually also.

https://www.rangerovers.net/forum/13-general-chatter/328932-incontrol-touch-pro-18c-smartphone-pack-process-cost-survey.html

Trying to help owners get their upgrades :)

#323 ·
So, mine went in for 18C a couple of weeks ago, primarily to sort out the continual drop-outs I was getting on Bluetooth connection. I've got the Apple and Android stuff now, although I haven't tried it out, but the Bluetooth is just as flaky as it was before.

Has anyone else with 18C and mood lighting suffered from it not remembering the mood lighting settings? Every time I turn the ignition off - even briefly - it automatically defaults back to the brightest setting and any time I leave it for a longer period of time (i.e. overnight) it also forgets the colour setting. In the course of trying to fix some of the things that were knackered, they've managed to knacker something that worked perfectly beforehand, FFS.

#324 ·
Hi all,
so just had my ICTP upgraded including the car play pack and unfortunately all its done is give me more things that don't work. Unable to select music using voice, when selecting an album it finds the first track and then just keeps repeating it. unplug, plug in again and sometimes it woks for a wile, sometimes it doesn't. Car play not working with voice at all (but not sure if it should to be honest).
Has anyone else got the same sort of problems following the update or am i just being really unlucky !
I love the car and to be fair the service i'm getting from my local dealer is pretty good. The problem is that I have a £50,000 + car with an in-control system which just won't work. She who must be obeyed is now moaning at me to consider the option of rejection (not something that i want to do) but she has got a point.

#325 ·
Disappointing and frustrating, but I don't think you're being particualrly unlucky actually, it's not all that surprising really. What I can't understand is why anyone would consider rejecting an otherwise functioning F-Pace just because they sometimes can't select music tracks by voice command. Are you having other more serious issues with the car as well?

As for the music selection thing, have you tried storing your music on a USB stick instead of via your phone? Have you tried selecting music tracks using voice and/or the touch screen? Either of those methods work for you?

#326 ·
catwoman said:
Disappointing and frustrating, but I don't think you're being particualrly unlucky actually, it's not all that surprising really. What I can't understand is why anyone would consider rejecting an otherwise functioning F-Pace just because they sometimes can't select music tracks by voice command. Are you having other more serious issues with the car as well?

As for the music selection thing, have you tried storing your music on a USB stick instead of via your phone? Have you tried selecting music tracks using voice and/or the touch screen? Either of those methods work for you?
I think I understand what your saying, but ! Most of my journeys are long (I.e. 4 hours plus drive) and listening to music is quite important for me. Having paid a lot of money for a car and opted for an expensive upgrade to ICTP with meridian sound I don't think it's unreasonable to expect it to work. The car is great but to answer your question, if I pay money for something I expect it to work all the time and not just on the odd occasion.
I question why you would think it's not that surprising that it doesn't work, surely if you purchase something you would want it to work properly or you would buy something else :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.