European driving queries

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
Ladyjen

European driving queries

Post by Ladyjen » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:43 am

We will be taking the FPace to Europe soon for the first time, looking for answers for simple questions please?!
In the past I've bought the stickers for the headlights, do I need the same for adaptive headlights? Perhaps I should have asked the OH first, the answer's probably obvious!
I'm assuming the Emergency button will get me 112 all over Europe if necessary?
Is the Jag Assist service any use in France/Spain or would you advise getting another breakdown service?
Lastly - how's the satnav abroad, is it good or should I take the old trusty Garmin? I've only ever used the Jag one here putting in postcodes so don't know my way round it - will it find me hotels, garages easily? I'm not very good at experimenting with gadgets!
Thanks in advance for any advice.
Since October 2016 3 litre V6 300PS Turbo diesel, auto, AWD, storm grey :D

KeithL

Re: European driving queries

Post by KeithL » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:33 pm

We were told by the dealer that the lights automatically adjust when driving on the other side of the road so you don't need to do anything. I would love to know if that is correct.
2017 2.0 i4 Diesel (180PS) Portfolio in Indus Silver with ICTP

Deltasierra

Post by Deltasierra » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:01 pm

We toured France, Italy, Switzerland, Germany, Holland and Belgium the standard ICT Satnav was fine, you do need to tell it when you get to France after that we didn't have to reset any countries it seemed to swap itself. We pre booked hotels and it got us there with no problems I would not rely on it to find a hotel when you really need one.
Tip, make sure it is set to fastest trip and switch off traffic guidance unless you want to take interesting detours through the countryside. We also bought an up to date map just to be sure but didn't need it. Can't comment on Jaguar breakdown cover but probably slower than UK
FPace 3.0D Portfolio Loire Blue, light interior, tow bar. No issues a very good car
Gone F Pace Prestige 2 liter Auto, tow bar, reversing camera, 14 way seats, 18 inch all season tyres
XKR Convertible

KeithL

Post by KeithL » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:12 pm

KeithL wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:33 pm
We were told by the dealer that the lights automatically adjust when driving on the other side of the road so you don't need to do anything. I would love to know if that is correct.
I just looked in the user manual and it looks like the dealer got it right for once:

DRIVING ABROAD

The headlight beam pattern is suitable for driving on either side of the road. There is no need for any mechanical adjustment or external decals.
2017 2.0 i4 Diesel (180PS) Portfolio in Indus Silver with ICTP

Catmad

Post by Catmad » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:26 am

Hi KeithL, We took ours to France last year - no need to adjust or add stickers to lights as commented above. Sat Nav worked great and took us right to our campsite gate albeit you have to be ready for some detours down country roads (typical sat nav instructions)! Advice would be that if it doesn't feel right then stay on the main road for a bit longer and the Sat Nav will redirect you down the main roads.
As for assistance I wouldn't waste money on Breakdown Insurance as you've already paid for this when purchasing your car and I'm sure Jaguar Assist will be just as good if not better than any Insurance cover. Enjoy your holiday - the FPace is a great Tourer!
2.0D Prestige 180 AWD Auto Italian Racing Red

Catmad

Post by Catmad » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:27 am

Sorry last post should have been directed to Ladyjen!
2.0D Prestige 180 AWD Auto Italian Racing Red

MRB

Post by MRB » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:05 pm

Di you know that in the event of a No Deal Brexit from 30th March our UK driving licences will no longer be valid! What a load of old Bollo..s and oh yes the JLR production lines will be halted, planes won't fly and the Eurostar will not be permitted to arrive into the EU!

If you believe that you will believe anything, remember the Millennium bug!!

June16

Post by June16 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:11 pm

MRB wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:05 pm
Di you know that in the event of a No Deal Brexit from 30th March our UK driving licences will no longer be valid! What a load of old Bollo..s and oh yes the JLR production lines will be halted, planes won't fly and the Eurostar will not be permitted to arrive into the EU!

👏👏👏
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

nphe9974

Post by nphe9974 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:19 pm

MRB wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:05 pm

Well the production line is being cut down to 3 days and we haven't even left yet...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-45550025
F-Pace 3.0 d S, Ammonite Grey, ICTP

MRB

Post by MRB » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:31 pm

Exactly, as if that is anything to do with Brexit, my point exactly!

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”