Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

New Map Update

13K views 31 replies 14 participants last post by  F Pace Fan 
#1 ·
Noticed yesterday that 08.030.0083.0154 was available to download. Note sure when it was released, but I updated mine to 8.30.82.153 on 11th May after the Phase 3 update, so this one is fairly recent !

Downloaded latest now just need a decent journey to update it on !

Mike.

#3 ·
Just did the latest map updates to 154 and I have the latest ICTP. The previous version was great at understanding commands such as Navigate Maidenhead or other place. This one is terrible!! Works fine for Home but anywhere else it comes up with completely random places. Not even remotely close in sound

Also had to forget my phone and reconnect and recent calls were blank

So far it's a major backwards step

#5 ·
What your both experienceing is what's happened in the past with updates, what works great for some is not so good for others, I think hardware also plays a massive part as there has been so many hardware updates to the Fpace system.

#6 ·
Thought that was too good to be true
I've now got "Navigation commands listed"
BUT NONE OF THEM WORK ANYMORE,

Only post code
It just repeats house number, street, city , or says it doesn't exist
If you say go to , it shows three random names ...the same random names.

Quality control at its worst ho hum ...!

Sent an email to jaguar support and copied in here.com

Roll on update 155

#7 ·
Selwood said:
Just did the latest map updates to 154 and I have the latest ICTP. The previous version was great at understanding commands such as Navigate Maidenhead or other place. This one is terrible!! Works fine for Home but anywhere else it comes up with completely random places. Not even remotely close in sound

Also had to forget my phone and reconnect and recent calls were blank

So far it's a major backwards step
Right

A few gallons wasted on the driveway with the following findings , they have changed the commands!

Press voice
Say navigation commands
She lists commands
Looking at the top two

On screen

Go To <house no, street , town>
BUT
Say "Go To Address" she then pops up and says enter address ....this works. ( note you need the word address that is not shown on screen.)
Go to postcode <postcode>
Say "go to postcode" she then pops up and says enter post code ...this works
Neither works if you just say it in one sentence. You've got to split it. This is a backwards change from 153.

However
Press voice button
Say "navigate to 13 cliff park Aberdeen" ......this works ( no need for asking for navigation commands first)
Say "go to henley on thames" .....this works ( no need for asking for navigation commands)

The set destination menu works ok and my random entries are all gone.
I wonder if it just needs to be sat for the 1/2 hour I left mine parked and locked for.

From first glance each navigation screen accepts different voice commands
I.e Navigate too does not work from navigation commands menu, but does from first press of button.

Why can't they simply list acceptable commands from each screen , the voice instructions you listen to bare no resemblance to what's seen on screen, accepted commands by the system are not what is written on the screen or suggested by the voice instructions.

This is utterly shocking stuff that even a first year student wouldn't get wrong.

#8 ·
I think I need to always have 2 USB sticks and alternate them with the updates, that way I'll at least have the previous version to roll-back to (I wonder if anyone has tried to install an older map version ?)

#9 ·
mike72uk said:
I think I need to always have 2 USB sticks and alternate them with the updates, that way I'll at least have the previous version to roll-back to (I wonder if anyone has tried to install an older map version ?)
I tried that before and sadly no you can't roll back, you can't even apply the same update twice as a reinstall.
I found this out when I had the ICTP update whilst on 152 , I tried to reinstall 152 to "kick the voice into life" but I had to wait for 153 to cone out in the end.

154 is good to show the commands, it's just it's not been properly tested , we seem to be guinea pigs once again.
I guess 155 will follow shortly .

#11 ·
Latest report. As I said on my previous post the new commands as outlined by June16 work well BUT my IPhone will now not sync Contacts or Recents. So the phone works but even setting for Contacts to be synched doesn't work. First time this has happened in 18 months ownership. Currently no idea how to fix. It's got the very latest iPhone build. Anyone else had this?.

#12 ·
Selwood said:
Latest report. As I said on my previous post the new commands as outlined by June16 work well BUT my IPhone will now not sync Contacts or Recents. So the phone works but even setting for Contacts to be synched doesn't work. First time this has happened in 18 months ownership. Currently no idea how to fix. It's got the very latest iPhone build. Anyone else had this?.
Over on the Discovery Sport forum one person lost theirs after 154 map update too , they had to delete their phone then re-pair it then it was ok.
Hope that works for you too

#14 ·
So, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this all suggests the following: If your ICTP and Nav works fine (as mine does having not upgraded since new in April 2017) the DON'T update! Is that a fair summary?

#15 ·
Matteus F-Pace said:
So, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this all suggests the following: If your ICTP and Nav works fine (as mine does having not upgraded since new in April 2017) the DON'T update! Is that a fair summary?
Well mine is working fine now , and a new added menu to voice for maps.
There are a couple of quirks with the new menu , like the word "address" is missing , but my phone is ok. Some new roads ( well 3 months old) are also now shown.

If you do update I'd suggest once it says completed , lock and leave the car for a couple of hours, it seems slow to load the new software. Once loaded it's ok.

#16 ·
Is it possible to use the navigate voice commands to go to a favourite locations, I.e. navigate (or go to) to Dad? Assuming an address for Dad has been saved.

Mine has recently been updated and the navigation commands are now there but so far I have ended up just giving up and using the screen as I can't get the system to recognise destinations or favourites!

#17 ·
interesting today that the navigation system advised of a map update being available.

Haven't seen that before. On version of ICTP with three part seat!

Attachments

#19 ·
Am I right in thinking that you have to run the engine the entire time the software is downloading, and it takes about 2 hours? How crap is that??!!

#20 ·
No you are not correct!
As before . . . Download the map update onto a memory stick via your home computer. This may take a couple of hours since the download is several 10s of Gb Place the memory stick into the car USB and update the car system in around 10 mins (yes, with the engine running). Hope that helps clarify.

#21 ·
Matteus F-Pace said:
Am I right in thinking that you have to run the engine the entire time the software is downloading, and it takes about 2 hours? How crap is that??!!
The map updates has to be done on your computer direct to a USB Memory Stick and can take two hours or longer.

Once done connect the stick to the car and it will take about 20 mins to update.

#22 ·
Anyone know what the latest map update is? I had 154 on a stick, but didn't get a chance to load it until car returned this week.... It now says 150 is available to load.... what happened to 156?

I really, really hope that I don't have to start from the beginning after this bloody software update....

#23 ·
corriescar66 said:
Anyone know what the latest map update is? I had 154 on a stick, but didn't get a chance to load it until car returned this week.... It now says 150 is available to load.... what happened to 156?

I really, really hope that I don't have to start from the beginning after this bloody software update....
According to the InControl Route Planner website the latest version is 08.030.0086.0150

#24 ·
KeithL said:
corriescar66 said:

According to the InControl Route Planner website the latest version is 08.030.0086.0150
Yes that's the latest they changed the number to .0086 before the 0150 which makes it confusing, but it is the latest and works ok.

#26 ·
Personally, I'd rather have the latest version of the data, including the latest speed camera data, irrespective of any shortfall in the system.

I have downloaded today version 08.030.0087.0151 for installation tomorrrow before a journey up to Scotland (I feel that it is the 0087 element that is the most important factor determining the data version).

As to the system, I think you have to take the route info as a suggestion, rather than a definitive, and review it for reasonableness. On occcasion it has suggested some ridiculous routings, but overall is not too bad.

I can live with it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.