Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

Arrived - 3.0d S

3K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  ChrisC 
#1 ·
After many months of looking, and a bit of a stop start due to work issues getting in the way, I've now collected my used 3.0d S in ammonite grey with the red / black interior. Options fitted include the panoramic roof, ICT pro and 825w stereo. It has standard wheels and was an ex Jaguar management vehicle. The car will be used mostly in southern scotland and north england on 'a' and 'b' roads. My previous was an XF S 3.0d

Thoughts so far are mostly very positive.

I like the space in the car, especially the kids and gear in the back. The driving position is really good, the controls are all well weighted and intuitive, the engine pulls strongly and the gear box is smooth and well judged. The ride is 'mostly' fine. Although I have, like many others I think, opted to have the suspension set in dynamic mode all the time as it vastly improved the ride IMHO, with this set it feels quite similar to my XF in that respect. Comfort seems a tad unsettled and bit of a missed opportunity as far as I can tell.

The ICT pro has the latest software version on it, and so far I really love it. Definitely worth it over the standard one as far as I can tell.

My only real point of concern is the amount of road noise (it has the continental tyres fitted) which is too much on motorways for a car of this standard. I wonder if different tyre choices make a difference.

Dealer has been great also.

See less See more
#2 ·
I have Pirelli fitted as standard on 22" wheels and everyone comments on how quiet the car is at motorway speed. I feel it is quieter than my previous Audi A6. Not a scientific comparison and it wasn't an SUV and wheels weren't the same size. If you search on here you will probably find a thread discussing the various merits of tyre and wheel sizes and tyre makes. Mine resonate a little on certain surfaces on the motorway but on smooth tarmac, very quiet.

#3 ·
Update on adaptive dynamics. Driving around the pitted streets of Edinburgh mostly at speeds of less than 20 mph the comfort setting made perfect sense. It made the car far more comfortable than my XF.

Still intrigued though. Does feel there should be a half way setting.

I'm sure I read there were software updates too. So wonder if these have been applied to my car.

#4 ·
ChrisC said:
Update on adaptive dynamics. Driving around the pitted streets of Edinburgh mostly at speeds of less than 20 mph the comfort setting made perfect sense. It made the car far more comfortable than my XF.

Still intrigued though. Does feel there should be a half way setting.

I'm sure I read there were software updates too. So wonder if these have been applied to my car.
The software updates being discussed on here relate to the ICTP system on pre MY19 vehicles and v 4.0 is the current iteration. You may have something slightly different as your vehicle is MY19.

#6 ·
Ive been using the car over a mixture of B and A roads this past few days, and the AD is working well. My opinion of them is improving with every situation. Not perfect, but actually pretty good. Part of it is realising the car is different to my previous XF and treating it accordingly. Three settings rather than just two would work better IMHO.

I'm also pretty impressed with the ICT Pro. It can still be a bit flaky with connecting to in control apps so I've come to the conclusion the best source for music is plugging in a memory stick pre loaded. Ripping CDs seems a bit too much effort. Maybe I'm missing something obvious but transferring MP3s from an external source directly to the media centre hard drive would be a decent option.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.