Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

Location of OBD connector

19K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  swalker86 
#1 ·
Can anyone tell me where the connector for an OBD reader is in the F-Pace? I have looked in both foot wells but couldn't see anything although I didn't go in with a mirror to investigate every nook and cranny.

Many thanks,

#8 ·
As an owner new to Jaguar, but very familiar with VW/Audi diagnostics, can anyone tell me whether Jag just uses OBD2 protocols, or am I better off getting a dedicated tool such as the Ancel referred to above, or something more serious such as the Foxwell NT520?

I currently have a full, unlocked VCDS system, which I've been using to read/encode my previous Audi vehicles and it also supports OBD2 functions.

#9 ·
This may be of interest to any IIDTool owners. I had an email from GAP diagnostics who produce the IIDTool, apparently they are working on supporting the F Pace.....
The sooner the better for me as this tool does everything.

#10 ·
Fully agree with you SRE. I have held off buying and OBD II reader in the hope that this may happen. With the models converging in mechanics and electronics it should be an easy modification and should increase GAP's market substantially. This is the best tool on the market for LR Products and will be for Jaguar when they pull their finger out! Their support is usually pretty spot on as well, although I haven't had a reply to the last 2 emails I sent to them.

If you hear it is definitely available on the market, please let me know as I'll be in the front of the queue to purchase one.

Great news,

Jock

#12 ·
Just thought I would resurrect this thread as it is a while since anyone contributed to it. I have been hanging around waiting for GAP to produce their IId tool for Jaguar F-Pace, but feel I could be left waiting forever. The GAP tool was brilliant when I had the Range Rover and gave a fair bit of executive control over the vehicle's software as well as just reading diagnostics.

I am looking for a tool that will allow me to edit the TPMS codes for the wheels on my MY19 F-Pace twice a year when I change from Summer/Winter wheels.

Anyone got any suggestions as I am fed up with paying garages ridiculous sums of money for a 5 minute job because I don't have the appropriate tool/reader.

Cheers,

Jock

#14 ·
A very good question SRE. I think GAP are so loaded up with LR problems that Jaguar is very much taking a back seat. Fortunately on this F-Pace I have not had a NEED for a diagnostic tool as nothing has failed as yet. However, still waiting for the dash to light up like a Christmas tree and would like to be prepared if and when it happens. Especially as here in the North of Scotland Jaguar (or Land Rover) Assist doesn't mean diddly squat. If you call them, at best you'll get a regular AA Patrolman pitch up or if their waiting time is more than 4 hours it will be Green Flag or any other recovery service that attends. The best you're going to get from them is a tow or recovery to the nearest Jaguar dealer. Is this really what we paid for?

#17 ·
Weird i just replied to another post about diag tools.
I have the NT530 - same as the NT520 but you can add on different car makes. I currently have the JLR software and Honda software.
I have also used SDD in the past (we had a FL2) and opted for the foxwell over it. you can save the full scans and download a PDF report which i do monthly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.