Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

JLR You should be Ashamed

15K views 28 replies 12 participants last post by  neilox1 
#1 ·
A Warning to potential JLR Buyers.
If you have issues don't be fobbed in in delaying a resolution to your detriment.
Yesterday The sales Manager at Guy Salmon Stockport told me a different story than the one 2 weeks ago.
As of Thursday my FPace will have been with them for 2 months! To rectify faults from manufacturer.
After many visits I fianally advised the dealer the car was not of satisfactory quality and faulty and asked them to replace it.
The SM said before he could request this from JLR they need to fix it first, so with the intervention of technicians from the midlands this was done

2 weeks ago after requesting a replacement he confirmed they refused intially but after they had the full story of many visits/attempt they said yes.
Now for 2 weeks I am told Guy Salmon is waiting for JLR to confirm the financials with them and the SM discussed with me the new model I would receive would be much better as many changes since mine was produced.

Yesterday He told me when I chased again, he advised they are now saying NO.
Asking why he replied, JLR said because it's now fixed and the age of the car!

Fixed because he insisted it has to be before they will look at a replacement!

Age of car take 3 months off the age as that's the time it's been in the dealers

Age take a further 3 months off as that the time I as many were waiting for update fixes so couldn't book the car in.

But they would be looking at a good will gesture, which are very good I am told.
No I don't want a ballon experience or the chance to drive a F Type on a track!

I want the car I paid for of the Quality I expected and no faults and that hasn't been pulled apart and bodged fixes.

Finally after I refused the goodwill Gesture he confirmed he would speak to them again today advising my response.

See less See more
#2 ·
If you bought the car on finance you reject through them.
If you bought it cash you reject with the dealer , your contract is with the dealer and not JLR.

The consumer rights act is there to protect you.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2015/15/contents/enacted

First 30 days you can replace or request refund with no attempt at repair.

First 6 months you do not have to prove the fault existed at manufacture ,nether dealer has to prove it did not. They are permitted one attempt at repair. The repair must be carried out with no inconvenience to you and must be completed in a reasonable timeframe .

Next six months and onwards you have to prove the fault existed at manufacture, The repair must be carried out with no inconvenience to you and must be completed in a reasonable timeframe .

#3 ·
Thanks June, my next step! if the answer is no later today
I am waiting for the full fix report which apparently details issues at manufacture.
The Car was through Jaguar finance.

#4 ·
JLR don't have shame, your story is much the same as mine was. If the car is now fixed and operating normally I don't think replacement will happen, you had a courtesy car to use so it is a case of compensating you for time and inconvenience. If the car wasnt fixed properly or continually breaking down there would be a good case for replacement, that is the way they will view it.

#5 ·
Really sorry to hear of the problems you have faced. Regretfully things do go wrong sometimes. I'm not sure who is at fault here, perhaps the dealership giving you miss-information ?
In any event if you have lost confidence in the car after talking to the dealership it is worth talking to jaguar finance, they also have a rejection dept.
I had the same type of problems with an XE, ( Lanch edition which had more problems than I care to remember), it nearly drove me mad but with a little gentle persuasion a deal was done with the dealership and jaguar finance which resulted in the car going back and me getting a new one ( different model, I refused another XE)
Good luck, let us know how you get on, whilst it is of no comfort to you, my F Pace ( 3 months old with just under 7000 on the clock ) is running great ( recognised problems with ICTP, but even that got sorted)

#6 ·
Barthog said:
Thanks June, my next step! if the answer is no later today
I am waiting for the full fix report which apparently details issues at manufacture.
The Car was through Jaguar finance.
Yes and if so much as tries to creak it will be a failed repair so you can reject then.
Go find some speed bump ridden roads.

In any case lubricant does not fix the source issue as no lubricant is used in manufacture, it merely hides it.

Best of luck , but keep a list of dates , communications etc

#7 ·
Very disappointed to hear that they're now trying to weasel out of what they'd already promised and agreed with you. I'd say definitely follow June16's advice and if they haven't achieved anything more than a temporary fix of the creak then the 'repair' has failed.

The one thing we should all take away from this is just how important it is to get everything in writing from the dealer, don't just accept spoken promises, ask for written confirmation, every step of the way.

Good luck with this Andy, hope you get a satisfactory resolution.

#8 ·
The Saga continues,

After posting this Tuesday I also emailed CS@Jaguar my feelings only to receive a call 10 min later.
I was told they had been chasing Guy Salmon for 2 weeks for the financial information required for them to make a decision which hasn't as yet been made!
I discussed collecting my car that evening and was advised it wouldn't effect my claim and to go ahead and collect.

I again discussed this update with the sales manager at Guy Salmon Stockport who's response was he was dealing with someone else and the answer is No.

I collected my car and am waiting for CS to contact me.

After multiple requests I have still not received a report on what works have been carried out. The last promise was I would receive PDFs yesterday, still not arrived!

Once I have these I can move to the next option as previously discussed if required.

Guy Salmon, would you do business with them?

#9 ·
Guy Salmon are owned by Sytner who are ultimately part of Penske from US. All these big groups are very hard nosed and the most difficult to get good after sales service from, here is their Wiki entry.

In 2017, Sytner Group achieved 1st place in the 'Sunday Times Best Big Companies to Work For Award' and were named the UK's Best Big Company to Work For. Sytner Group have taken part in the award for 11 consecutive years; continually placing within the top-5 positions, acquiring the coveted three star status for four consecutive years and winning a special award in 2017 for Innovation in Engagement - an award that recognises efforts to change perceptions of the industry.

It was not Sytner I had to deal with, another group with the same ethos.

#10 ·
I wouldn't buy from Guy Salmon purely because of Sytner, I have heard of many problems with them..
However I would also never use Jaguar Landrover Finance , they are firmly in the camp of Jaguar Landrover, especially when it comes to rejection. In several cases their so called "independent inspection" was carried out by other Landrover dealers in the same Sytner group. I know this through helping folks reject Landrovers right up through the FOS process. It all costs time and stress just to get what you are entitled to in law.

In every case DEKRA has written a completely different and more comprehensive report to that of the companies used by JLR finance ( aka Black Horse /Lloyd's) .

#11 ·
Sorry to read your issues but your not alone in your problems and many others have rejected the car without issues, I had two and ultimately JLR try to play the long wait game in the hope that you get fed up with the issues and just sell the car, this is what I eventually did.

Hope it works out for you.

#12 ·
Jagfpacejk said:
Sorry to read your issues but your not alone in your problems and many others have rejected the car without issues, I had two and ultimately JLR try to play the long wait game in the hope that you get fed up with the issues and just sell the car, this is what I eventually did.

Hope it works out for you.
They tried to make me play the waiting game too. Refused any help .
80,000 shares worldwide on social media resulted in an 08:30 phone call to replace my vehicle with the next spec up at no cost.

More than one way to skin a fish 👍😂

#13 ·
Barthog said:
I discussed collecting my car that evening and was advised it wouldn't effect my claim and to go ahead and collect.

Collecting the car could harm your position in a rejection. Either the car isn't good enough, and you don't want it, so you leave it with them. Taking it away and continuing to use it suggests that it's ok.

#14 ·
You say it could harm my position, I don't see how it can.

Both Jaguar CS And finance advised collecting the car whilst the claim is underway which will have been recorded.

And after struggling for 2 months with a disabled family member being unable to join us in the car, as unable to get out of the XF sport supplied as no other vehicles available I decided this was my best option.

You say my decision on collection is accepting its good enough doesn't stand ground.
On each of the many visits previously when I collected the car after attempts at repair I expected it to be fixed and good enough!
As I found out this is not the case and my rejection is because of an inherent fault they cannot fix as proved by the continuing revisits.

#15 ·
bensales said:
Barthog said:

Collecting the car could harm your position in a rejection. Either the car isn't good enough, and you don't want it, so you leave it with them. Taking it away and continuing to use it suggests that it's ok.
I'd agree with Ben , part of the law in rejection is that you should stop using the goods / vehicle straight away.
But I understand the reasoning below why you have done so due to no other provision being made for you that is acceptable.

But don't be surprised if Finance and JLR now say the car is fixed and returned to you.

#16 ·
I had 2 x FP's and rejected both the first after six months the second after two weeks, to be fair the dealer and JLR finance were pretty good at resolving.

And here I am contemplating an I-pace, must be slightly deranged,

Barthog it sounds like Guy Salmon are at least as much of the issue as JLR, I think as Catwoman said I would send them an email confirming and verbal commitments and copy in Jag CS on each one

#17 ·
The Gman said:
I had 2 x FP's and rejected both the first after six months the second after two weeks, to be fair the dealer and JLR finance were pretty good at resolving.

Well, the I-Pace isn't actually built by Jaguar :)

#18 ·
Still waiting for the report,
Wednesday 4th July sales Manager Tom Aaron Guy Salmon Stockporpt Advised PDFs would be sent that day.

Friday 12.11am chased as nothing received.
Hello Mr ***** Please look out for an email from Katie Gore. She will be sending over all the information requested. Many thanks.

Saturday advised I would call in at dealer! As again nothing received.
Tom replied. Im afraid not. I will make a call now and make sure it comes over to you today.

Sunday 8.40pm nothing.
This report I have been waiting for details the repairs done during the last 2 months whilst it was on site at Guy Salmon.
Apart from rough description advising its had lubricant installed into boot area is all I know.
All I can say is Great Customer Experience, you really know how to look after your customers.

#19 ·
The Gman said:

Barthog it sounds like Guy Salmon are at least as much of the issue as JLR, I think as Catwoman said I would send them an email confirming and verbal commitments and copy in Jag CS on each one
I-Pace, you must be mad.

Would not touch them.

Seen your on the I-pace forum. : ;)

#20 ·

Attachments

#21 ·
Sorry to swim against the tide here, but if the problem is fixed, and there are no other issues, might it not be safer to continue with your current car and go for the goodwill gesture? It would be a sickener if you got a replacement which then had a different (possibly even worse/more annoying)fault? I realise you probably feel there's a point of principle here, but ignoring the idiots from CS and GS for a second, it might be worth a rethink?

#22 ·
Hi Matteus
I understand what you are saying and agree if I could be certain it was fixed.
As I thought the previous 6 visits.
What if it's not fixed again, and in a few weeks reappears do I give it back to them for another 2 months.
When would you draw the line?
Hindsight is a wonderful thing!

#23 ·
Matteus F-Pace said:
Sorry to swim against the tide here, but if the problem is fixed, and there are no other issues, might it not be safer to continue with your current car and go for the goodwill gesture? It would be a sickener if you got a replacement which then had a different (possibly even worse/more annoying)fault? I realise you probably feel there's a point of principle here, but ignoring the idiots from CS and GS for a second, it might be worth a rethink?
The risk with that is that six months passes and the onus will be on the buyer to prove the exisitence of a fault

#24 ·
Just a thought did you ask if there was any warranty on the repair ?
How long they expect the lubricant to remain effective beforecrequiring to be re applied ?
The name of the lubricant used .......you can then at least check it out yourself....properties etc.

#25 ·
Finally an end to my saga after 18 months ownership.

Car Rejected through Jaguar finance, they were very helpful and understanding.
Collected Wednesday and new MY19 F pace 3.0 S purchased and collected 2 days ago.
All I can say reference Guy Salmon Stockport, Disgusted with the attitude and lack of customer support.
They wouldn't even respond to JLR Finance!

Thank you everyone for their responses and advice,

Be persistent and you will get the result, might take a while.

I'll post pictures shortly and differences from my M17 F Pace

#26 ·
Glad you finally have the result you wanted. Persistence is clearly the key! Hopefully your ownership experience this time will be everything that it should be. Yes, pictures are obligatory!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.