New Owner

New to the Jaguar F-Pace Forums? Introduce yourself here
jmb

New Owner

Post by jmb » Sat May 26, 2018 7:49 am

Hi , I am taking possession of my new Jag this Thursday with the following options
- Dark Blue 380 V6 S
- sliding roof
- 825 watt surround sound
- adaptive led lights
- 22 inch wheels ( hope I don’t regret this)
- remote release levers
- lumbar support
- electric back seats
- ambient lights
- Black pack
- Privacy glass
- AdSR ( not sure how useful)
- Gestured Tailgate

Did not get the HUD option as I found it distracting and some of the safety aids as quite expensive ( ACC etc...)

Compared the F Pace V6 S to the SQ5 and XC60 and X3 and found it to be better psckage all round in terms of rear and boot space, road holding and handling , performance and styling.
Very pleased also to help U.K. factory jobs re Brexit.

catwoman

Re: New Owner

Post by catwoman » Sat May 26, 2018 9:26 am

Welcome! . . . got yourself a nice cat there :)

We shall expect pictures as proof.... ;)
8-) . . been enjoying since July '16, 2.0d R-Sport, Ammonite + Black Pack, Jet/Red interior

jmb

Post by jmb » Sat May 26, 2018 9:34 pm

Will take them on Thursday and submit !!

June16

Post by June16 » Sat May 26, 2018 9:49 pm

Hello, that sounds a lovely spec.
Enjoy your car.
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

K187

Post by K187 » Sat May 26, 2018 10:31 pm

- Dark Blue 380 V6 S - what I wanted but couldn’t justify the fuel. You’ll love it!
- sliding roof - nice if you like roofs?’c I never use them so didn’t get one.
- 825 watt surround sound
- adaptive led lights
- 22 inch wheels ( hope I don’t regret this) - they look nice but even on 16/19 the subpension is quite tough. Before you get it go test drive please if possible!
- remote release levers
- lumbar support - a must if you drove a lot. And I can’t put this lightly!!
- electric back seats
- ambient lights - it’s a shame they charge for this on this class of car. If you’re low on money skip this, but if you can afford it it’s worth it to feel like you have a top class car
- Black pack - seen in person with and without. Looks better with, Unless you re looking to tone down for personal reasons.
- Privacy glass - as with black pack.
- AdSR ( not sure how useful)
- Gestured

HUD is a nice to have but spend the money else where Unless you really love it..
[/quote]

K187

Post by K187 » Sat May 26, 2018 10:32 pm

Ps. On my iphone so autocorrect is really not helping!

jmb

Post by jmb » Sun May 27, 2018 4:48 pm

K187,

Thx for the advice.

I tested 2 models ( petrol 250 hp ) and the V6 - both had 22 inch wheels . The 2.0 petrol has a really firm ride but the V6 was much smoother and I guess the difference is the Adaptive dynamics - I was quite comfortable with the ride on the V6 but wonder whether choosing 20 inch would have made for a better ride ? Still the 22 inch black double helix do look nice on the F pace and it does go well with the black pack - I certainly recommend the combination as it looks quite striking and aggressive but in a nice sort of way -

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Sun May 27, 2018 8:25 pm

A warm welcome, some nice extras you have there.

Enjoy.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

ChrisC

Post by ChrisC » Sun May 27, 2018 9:14 pm

jmb wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 4:48 pm
K187,

Thx for the advice.

I tested 2 models ( petrol 250 hp ) and the V6 - both had 22 inch wheels . The 2.0 petrol has a really firm ride but the V6 was much smoother and I guess the difference is the Adaptive dynamics - I was quite comfortable with the ride on the V6 but wonder whether choosing 20 inch would have made for a better ride ? Still the 22 inch black double helix do look nice on the F pace and it does go well with the black pack - I certainly recommend the combination as it looks quite striking and aggressive but in a nice sort of way -
I tested a 3.0d yesterday. And had a good chance to fiddle with the adaptive dynamics. I thought it made a decent difference to the ride quality. It was on 20" wheels and I did wonder if that was the ideal combination. What worried me about bigger wheels was the ride, but also road noise possibly.

So far I've driven the 180 and 240 diesels on passive suspension, and now the 3.0 on adaptive. I do think there is a difference with the adaptive, although I know other on here have a different view. My initial focus was on a factory order of a 2.0 petrol with a spec including AD. But having driven a used 3.0d I am now rethinking that one.
F-Pace 3.0D S

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Sun May 27, 2018 10:55 pm

ChrisC wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 9:14 pm
jmb wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 4:48 pm
K187,

Thx for the advice.

I tested a 3.0d yesterday. And had a good chance to fiddle with the adaptive dynamics. I thought it made a decent difference to the ride quality. It was on 20" wheels and I did wonder if that was the ideal combination. What worried me about bigger wheels was the ride, but also road noise possibly.

So far I've driven the 180 and 240 diesels on passive suspension, and now the 3.0 on adaptive. I do think there is a difference with the adaptive, although I know other on here have a different view. My initial focus was on a factory order of a 2.0 petrol with a spec including AD. But having driven a used 3.0d I am now rethinking that one.
I have to say I think there have been a lot of un justified negative comments about the ride quality of 22 inch rims perhaps fed through from the preferences of some reviewers. I felt the car had a tendency to wallow and bounce on 20 inch rims which was quite uncomfortable around town over speed humps etc. I prefer the handling on the 22 inch and the ride. Feels very sure footed and to be honest I cannot tell any difference in road noise. They don't half look good too!
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

Return to “Introductions”