Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

Morning All!

5K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  Ironman 
#1 ·
Hello everyone

Just signed up today and thought I would say hi... hi :lol: .

I am hoping to become an F pace owner in the next few months. This forum looks great. Any buying advice would be greatly appreciated.

I am hoping to get an Face Pace with R Sport trim.

#4 ·
A warm welcome, as others have stated a little more information on the engine, fuel type, accessories as what model of Fpace will sure help others give you some good advice.

#5 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome.

I am planning to get a new, diesel F Pace. I have been playing with the JLR config religiously. I currently own an RR Evoque but need a bigger family car. The F Pace seems to tick all the boxes.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

#6 ·
Ironman said:
Thanks for the warm welcome.

I am planning to get a new, diesel F Pace. I have been playing with the JLR config religiously. I currently own an RR Evoque but need a bigger family car. The F Pace seems to tick all the boxes.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
Welcome to the forum :)

Loads of useful information on here. I suppose the first thing to say is go and test drive. I initially thought of the 2.0 litre diesel, had a test drive in the 2.5 litre and didn't like the agricultural engine note under acceleration. Then I tried the 3.0 litre and was smitten...literally. Had mine just over three weeks and love it. Very satisfied customer. Not sure what sort of miles you drive or engine size you are thinking of but you also need to think about diesel vs petrol given the VED changes and general witch hunt against diesel at the moment. There are lots on here singing the praises of the 2.5t petrol so it might be worth a look.

In terms of spec it is very much personal choice but one big change for MY19 models is that they will be equipped with ICTP as standard. There is a long thread on here all about that and the various issues people have had but the latest software version seems very stable.

There is also a lot of discussion about wheel size - again personal choice. I have the 22" and prefer the slightly firmer ride over the 20". Best to test drive a model with the size of rims you are thinking about so you can judge the ride for yourself.

Having just returned from week long trip to Scotland with dog, partner and associated luggage (including the kitchen sink!) I can say the car works wonderfully as a family transporter. Unfortunately, I have a chip in the passenger side door after some moron in a B&Q car park decided to park badly and then open his door into the side of my car but thankfully, I have scratch and dent and alloy wheel insurance which I would recommend as well. Main point here is that the FPace is quite wide for supermarket car parks.

I don't have panoramic roof - again personal choice.

My two regrets are not having tracker fitted and not having the rear traffic monitor.

I don't have parking software just rear camera (which I think is standard on MY19 as well?) and that plus front and rear sensors is fine once you get used to it.

#7 ·
Yes big welcome another quick brief
I have the 2.5t and find it great.
I did test drive the 3.0 petrol and diesel and the smaller diesel found the smaller one as above not to have the best engine note and a bit slower also but to be honest I loved the 3.0 petrol but couldn't justify the price difference between that and the 2.5t and in dynamic mode the pperformance didn't seem that much different either
So opted for 2.5t had it since November and love and very economical on fuel for such a size car
But the 3.0 supercharged dose sound great.
So really it's sensible head or petrol head.
Drive them all that's what I did and as I don't do lots of miles my engine choice suits me
Best of luck and have fun choosing.

#8 ·
Jagman 2017/Smitten thanks for your welcomes and advice really appreciate it.

I had never thought about anything more than 2.0 Diesel-powered. I assumed diesel would be the right choice as I do a lot of miles ( at least 125 a week) . How much more is a 2.5 in terms of running costs?

I have a test drive booked for the end of next month. I can't wait. What is the average waiting time from ordering new to collection?

#9 ·
With all the new ved on Diesel cars not sure how that stacks up any more regards regards running costs.
waiting I was really luck the car I bought was on the showroom floor so only took a week to do the paperwork and checks before presentation so can't comment on time line sorry

#10 ·
Ironman said:

I had never thought about anything more than 2.0 Diesel-powered. I assumed diesel would be the right choice as I do a lot of miles ( at least 125 a week) . How much more is a 2.5 in terms of running costs?

I have a test drive booked for the end of next month. I can't wait. What is the average waiting time from ordering new to collection?
125 miles a week isn't particularly high? 6500 miles a year?

Unless you really do high mileage, the additional fuel cost for a car that does 10 mpg less than a more efficient one isn't that high

For example, 6000 miles. Based on June 16, say an average of 34 mpg for 25T petrol, you would use ~800 litres

A 2.0 D based on my experience, you're looking at an average of 44-45 mpg so it would only use ~ 600 litres diesel a year..

If we say petrol is £1.23/l (well, it was round here last week..) that's an additional £250 a year for those extra 200 litres

Diesel is lovely to handle & needs adblue. Personally, unless your 125 miles are all on the motorway, I'd get a petrol and have some fun!

Mine does about 24-25 mpg per tank, but the extra £500 is well worth it!

#12 ·
corriescar66 said:
Ironman said:

Unless you really do high mileage, the additional fuel cost for a car that does 10 mpg less than a more efficient one isn't that high

For example, 6000 miles. Based on June 16, say an average of 34 mpg for 25T petrol, you would use ~800 litres

A 2.0 D based on my experience, you're looking at an average of 44-45 mpg so it would only use ~ 600 litres diesel a year..

If we say petrol is £1.23/l (well, it was round here last week..) that's an additional £250 a year for those extra 200 litres

Diesel is lovely to handle & needs adblue. Personally, unless your 125 miles are all on the motorway, I'd get a petrol and have some fun!

Just did a check on Parkers. The road tax on the diesel will be cheaper if I don't go mad on options. I have not had a petrol car for 10 years. I have bad experiences of them.

#13 ·
Ironman said:
corriescar66 said:
Ironman said:

Just did a check on Parkers. The road tax on the diesel will be cheaper if I don't go mad on options. I have not had a petrol car for 10 years. I have bad experiences of them.
I've just jumped to petrol after 20 odd years with diesel , some good petrol engines out there now, the ingenium petrol seems to be a good one. It's nice to get back to a car with no diesel clatter.
At the end of the day you've got to like what you drive , it's a very personal thing.

#14 ·
June16 said:
Ironman said:
corriescar66 said:

I've just jumped to petrol after 20 odd years with diesel , some good petrol engines out there now, the ingenium petrol seems to be a good one. It's nice to get back to a car with no diesel clatter.
At the end of the day you've got to like what you drive , it's a very personal thing.
Yes agreed. Driving is a personal thing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.