Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

ICTP Patch '3'

361K views 1K replies 109 participants last post by  corriescar66 
#1 ·
Confirmation in writing from my dealer just now that they have the "comprehensive" update for ICTP and it's going into my car from Monday so will report back!

#1,277 ·
Hydrajaws said:
To be fair the dealer can only work within the policy of JLR and it seems the bad boy here is JLR but at least the dealer was honest and stated the policy they have to work within. I have used this dealer since 2004 and I would rate them very highly after reading some of the comments on this forum over the years regarding members experience with other dealers.
It was HA Fox when I purchased and took delivery of the car in 2016 HJ. It changed to Stratstone Jag Nottingham something before my first service in May 2017. They are now indicating I am lying that other people (with no ICTP issues) have had the update to V3.5/17C without issue from other dealers no problem...

#1,278 ·
DAL said:
Well I'm confused and frustrated now now. My car MY 2016 3:0 S/C is in today for it's second year annual service and I was expecting the ICTP to be upgraded to the latest version so I can get the latest functions (mainly voice activation for nav). It was last upgraded a year ago on the last service.

Just had a debate with the local Stratstone Nottingham service manager who is telling me "if no ICTP problems = no upgrade" for the latest features.

The Ball Joint recall is being done however...
Well, they have done the update and I can see the changes. The have had to state "I did" have ICTP problems to get this through apparently. So, the learning. When you have your service state you have had 'ICTP problems' if you want the upgrade as it does seem JLR is not paying dealers for their time on this otherwise :evil:

#1,279 ·
DAL said:
DAL said:
Well I'm confused and frustrated now now. My car MY 2016 3:0 S/C is in today for it's second year annual service and I was expecting the ICTP to be upgraded to the latest version so I can get the latest functions (mainly voice activation for nav). It was last upgraded a year ago on the last service.

Just had a debate with the local Stratstone Nottingham service manager who is telling me "if no ICTP problems = no upgrade" for the latest features.

The Ball Joint recall is being done however...
Well, they have done the update and I can see the changes. The have had to state "I did" have ICTP problems to get this through apparently. So, the learning. When you have your service state you have had 'ICTP problems' if you want the upgrade as it does seem JLR is not paying dealers for their time on this otherwise :evil:
In which case I will be experiencing the full range of symptoms when I call the dealer next week to get it booked in for update

#1,280 ·
Hydrajaws said:
This is the latest disgusting cost cutting exercise by JLR that any service upgrades will no longer be carried out unless a customer makes a specific complaint regarding a malfunction. I would guess that this has been brought about by the record high warranty claims on their vehicles being submitted by JLR dealers world wide so again the customer suffers.A dealer is in business to make money and if JLR will not reimburse dealers for the work they do ,again the customer suffers. From my experience this particular dealer in Nottingham is one of the best so don't blame them for JLR and their mean policy.
.The CD player in my new XF Sportbrake kept freezing so I complained and had the latest ICTP patch applied which has solved the problem and incidently given me some extra features on the system. My car was built late February and registered March 1st but obviously did not have the latest system installed which I personally considered to be unacceptable from JLR.
Can't be that good - they delivered to you a car with a duff CD player... :lol:

#1,281 ·
I don't see what the problem is & why the bemoaners blame/ JLR dealers for not sanctioning warranty work/costs on something that isn't broken. Mean? Get real. An update takes 2-4hrs. Who is going to pay for that at £130/h if you are not reporting a fault? JLR, the dealer (well, if they were that fabulous, they'd do it for free, obviously and come round and re-model your kitchen while they were at it...) you?

Frankly I don't think anyone's ICTP is fully functioning - if you think it is you just haven't got round to trying all the things it's supposed to do, so we all have a ready made list of things to bring up & get an update.

'I bought a 2017 MY, but I quite like the features now available on the 2019 MY, especially the sports seats, so please Dr Speth, arrange to completely change my interior for free....' B........alderdash.

'At least BMW give you an accident waiting to happen for free..... The Ultimate Driving (into the back of) Machine'

BTW this also applies to the much talked about wiper 'winter park mode'. It is possible to add the software on earlier cars, but the dealers won't do it as it isn't a warranty item. I will at some point ask how much they'd charge, but there you go, how mean of them not to continually update my car to the latest spec?

#1,283 ·
Minimal said:
So, just to be clear, if you have 2.5, do you get voice control of satnav or is that only on 3? I'm wondering if I should try to 'encourage' dealer to do this on my car before I pick it up in July, though I won't have been able to report a fault as I won't even have had the car!
Only on upgrade to version 3.
I suppose you could say your expecting voice control of sat nav to be working on collection ?
Worth a try , nothing ventured nothing gained.

I'd like to think by July they will be releasing new cars with the latest and greatest.

#1,284 ·
corriescar66 said:
BTW this also applies to the much talked about wiper 'winter park mode'. It is possible to add the software on earlier cars, but the dealers won't do it as it isn't a warranty item. I will at some point ask how much they'd charge, but there you go, how mean of them not to continually update my car to the latest spec?
Corriescar66,

I managed to get the Winter Wiper Mode added, and they charged me £50-odd for the privilege.

The disappointing thing was that it was never offered as a configurable option at any point nor in-fact were any of the user preferences that require SDD/Pathfinder to configure like Passive Arming, Auto Mirror Folding, Drip Wipe, Speed Dependant Wipers, Audible Double Lock Confirmation etc which were only enabled thanks to the rather comprehensive PDI letter that this forum led me to :D

What is more annoying, is that the last time the vehicle was in, they seem to have then gone and "lost" the winter wiper mode which I had paid for, so I now want what I paid for restored, and shall be checking when I collect her from her H081 recall and ICTP Phase 3 update this afternoon !

M.

#1,285 ·
mike72uk said:
corriescar66 said:
Corriescar66,

I managed to get the Winter Wiper Mode added, and they charged me £50-odd for the privilege.

The disappointing thing was that it was never offered as a configurable option at any point nor in-fact were any of the user preferences that require SDD/Pathfinder to configure like Passive Arming, Auto Mirror Folding, Drip Wipe, Speed Dependant Wipers, Audible Double Lock Confirmation etc which were only enabled thanks to the rather comprehensive PDI letter that this forum led me to :D

What is more annoying, is that the last time the vehicle was in, they seem to have then gone and "lost" the winter wiper mode which I had paid for, so I now want what I paid for restored, and shall be checking when I collect her from her H081 recall and ICTP Phase 3 update this afternoon !

M.
Hooray,

Winter Wiper Mode back !

And ICTP update all looking good on short drive back from dealer home, will need a lengthier assessment/evaluation at some point, as I spent most of that journey home updating to the latest map version, but initial thoughts are all looks good.

#1,286 ·
mike72uk said:
corriescar66 said:
Corriescar66,

M.
I understand winter wiper park mode but can you explain these other features and how they differ from what I find in normal operation. My mirrors fold as I lock the car. I get an audible beep on the double lock. Not sure I have drip wipe or speed dependent wipers enabled they seem to work on the rain sensor sensitivity. Any obvious way to check? How should passive arming operate?

#1,287 ·
mike72uk said:
mike72uk said:
corriescar66 said:
Corriescar66,

M.
Hooray,

Winter Wiper Mode back !

And ICTP update all looking good on short drive back from dealer home, will need a lengthier assessment/evaluation at some point, as I spent most of that journey home updating to the latest map version, but initial thoughts are all looks good.
Thanks for the info Mike, if it's only £50 I will probably go for it....

Did you have to ask to get them to put it back? A little worrying if it's something that disappears every time they update - what happens if you change dealers, do you have to pay again?!

#1,288 ·
corriescar66 said:
mike72uk said:
mike72uk said:
Corriescar66,

M.
Hooray,

Winter Wiper Mode back !

Thanks for the info Mike, if it's only £50 I will probably go for it....

Did you have to ask to get them to put it back? A little worrying if it's something that disappears every time they update - what happens if you change dealers, do you have to pay again?!
Well, I asked for it to be enabled...... they said they'd have to charge for it.
I tried arguing the toss that I wasn't offered the option at PDI (nor was I offered the others but they were set because I knew about them and instructed as such in my PDI letter) however the counter argument was that they were not the supplying dealer so couldn't be responsible for that.

Nevertheless, I got it enabled (and paid my money). I also wanted them to look at the speedo unit settings as I was convinced that on our trip to the alps in December, I was able to set the digital speedo to Kph (from Mph) but not the dial. Seems others have both analogue and digital speedo unit settings options. I think they reloaded the Instrument cluster software tot he latest version to try and resolve, and at that point lost the Winter Wiper mode (along with all the other personalisation settings) They managed to get the personalisation back before I left, but had a problem getting Winter Wiper Mode) then when it was in these past few days for ICTP update and H081 recall they sorted the Winter Wiper - no additional charge.

I therefore suspect that if you paid for it, and then went to a different dealer, they may try and charge you, but if you keep the paperwork/receipt I'd say you have a good case that if it goes missing to have it re-instated for no charge, irrespective of dealer as it is a function you have paid for (and should only have to pay for once !)

#1,289 ·
I managed to get my XF (MY18) updated to Phase 3 today, after a little bit of a fight because they were adamant it had it already. Needed to cite Technical Bulletin JTB00593V3 "InControl Touch Pro Features May Not Function As Expected, Phase 3 Additional Updates - Pathfinder" and persuade them that even though Pathfinder said there was no updates available, it was possible to manual choose one.

Anyway, they agreed once I'd shown them pictures of what a phase 3 update looked like compared to my car, and they did the work. So now it carries the version number shown below, I've got helmets and three piece seats, but most importantly it no longer goes to black screen occasional, doesn't drop my phone connection, and I've got text messages and sat nav voice control.

Attachments

#1,290 ·
#1,291 ·
Gents. I've recently bought a 3L D Fpace with In control touch pro, less than a year old (17 plate). It's got a few issues as you would expect.
App version is 34.17_1480.
How up to date is that version?
Cheers

Edit. It suffers occasional screen freeze of both the home screen and rear camera, screen black out and slow start up. I've not explored all the features yet so I expect there will be other issues no doubt.

#1,292 ·
Rob the dog said:
Gents. I've recently bought a 3L D Fpace with In control touch pro, less than a year old (17 plate). It's got a few issues as you would expect.
Cheers

Edit. It suffers occasional screen freeze of both the home screen and rear camera, screen black out and slow start up. I've not explored all the features yet so I expect there will be other issues no doubt.
Hi
Book it into your dealer with the faults you have and you should get the latest software applied. Your version above is not the most up to date , folks are finding they update if you say you have faults.

#1,293 ·
Totally agree, mine is booked in for the 4th June to have the updates applied due to problems with it. I have been told that ( hopefully) it will result in both navigation voice control and text message display. I'll post a report once it's been in for the upgrade.

#1,294 ·
Rob the dog said:
Cheers

Unfortunately the app version is not a good indicator of the version of software that is running. Seriously. You can tell the major versions by the shape of the seat icon and the presence or absence of a helmet icon.
My guess is that you're running v2.5 and an upgrade to v3.3 (helmet release) will dramatically improve your experience.
DjP

#1,295 ·
Any chance of a photo of the seat icon to compare with?
Thanks in advance.

#1,298 ·
Here's the latest released 17th May, found info over on the USA fpace forum.

YOU SHOULD MAKE SURE YOUR DEALER HAS INSTALLED IN THEIR EQUIPMENT:
PATHFINDER 163 or later
SDD 153.02 and NGI 005.10 or later

SDDICTP_3_005_10 - SDD software update InControl Touch Pro 3_005_10 release note

Note: I've extracted portions of text

17MY Evoque / L538 17MY Discovery Sport / L550 16MY XJ / X351 16MY > 17MY XF / X260 16MY > 17MY XE / X760 17MY F-PACE / X761

This update includes the following enhancements to InControl Touch Pro: 
A bug fix to resolve instances where the 'Live' and 'Browser' functions are not available in the vehicle. 
A bug fix to resolve instances where the InControl Touch Pro system resets when the General Settings are selected by the user while the vehicle is in motion. 
A bug fix to resolve instances where the DVD and Television (TV) features cannot be used in the rear of the vehicle. 
A bug fix to resolve instances where the user does not see road names when using the navigation system. 
A bug fix to resolve instances where the rear heated seats cannot be controlled from the Lower Interactive Control Display Module (ICDM). The option for the rear heated seats is greyed out on the Touch Screen (TS). (Vehicles fitted with ICDM only).

#1,299 ·
June16 said:
Here's the latest released 17th May, found info over on the USA fpace forum.

YOU SHOULD MAKE SURE YOUR DEALER HAS INSTALLED IN THEIR EQUIPMENT:
PATHFINDER 163 or later
SDD 153.02 and NGI 005.10 or later

SDDICTP_3_005_10 - SDD software update InControl Touch Pro 3_005_10 release note

Note: I've extracted portions of text

17MY Evoque / L538 17MY Discovery Sport / L550 16MY XJ / X351 16MY > 17MY XF / X260 16MY > 17MY XE / X760 17MY F-PACE / X761

This update includes the following enhancements to InControl Touch Pro: 
A bug fix to resolve instances where the 'Live' and 'Browser' functions are not available in the vehicle. 
A bug fix to resolve instances where the InControl Touch Pro system resets when the General Settings are selected by the user while the vehicle is in motion. 
A bug fix to resolve instances where the DVD and Television (TV) features cannot be used in the rear of the vehicle. 
A bug fix to resolve instances where the user does not see road names when using the navigation system. 
A bug fix to resolve instances where the rear heated seats cannot be controlled from the Lower Interactive Control Display Module (ICDM). The option for the rear heated seats is greyed out on the Touch Screen (TS). (Vehicles fitted with ICDM only).
Doesn't mention problems with USB media/music then?

#1,300 ·
Had the software updated this week, this is only a minor new bug but it seems to be a fault, when the car is playing tracks from the media centre, the engine is turned off and then when turned on again the track info displayed is always the 1st track alphabetically in the media list but the track playing is the same one that was playing when the engine was turned off. The info rectifies itself when the next track starts.

Also, why don't they update the maps with the ictp update as the voice navigation doesn't seem to work without the map updated !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.