Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

ICTP Patch '3'

361K views 1K replies 109 participants last post by  corriescar66 
#1 Ā·
Confirmation in writing from my dealer just now that they have the "comprehensive" update for ICTP and it's going into my car from Monday so will report back!

#1,252 Ā·
June16 said:
I was initially told there were no updates , I think the folk on the service desk who you speak to when booking it in, just check your VIN as above.

But when I took the car in I said I needed Pase 3 update to sort the Navigation system voice . It was then applied that day.
Install of maps afterwards and commands all appeared and it is stable. He did ask if I had rear seat entertainment as that was causing some issues with updates , but as I don't have that he was happy to apply it.

On topix the phase 3 update document is actually listed agains MY16 and MY 17 .and not MY18 ...maybe that is the problem .
That information is very useful and I am sure that's it. Many thanks

#1,253 Ā·
New owner getting to grips with ICTP - apologies if I am going over old ground. I have a one week old car so you might expect it would have the latest, greatest version of the software yet I do not have any working voice commands for navigation. Should I update map which was last updated 24.4.18? Do I need a software update already? Otherwise the system seems OK and there have been no crashes but it is a little slow to boot up. Thoughts anyone with more knowledge than me?
[/quote]

That is V2.5 - the giveaway is the two piece seat icon..... That came out Sept 2016. v3.0 last summer & the corrected version 3.5 Feb/March 2018 (Now referred to as 17C)

They won't update you unless you report a problem, the idea being if it aint broke etc

The date last updated for the map isn't actually much help as it isn't what, only when - log in to your Incontrol Route Planner & check available downloads...
[/quote]

Many thanks. I will call and get the update done and then upload up-to-date maps and hopefully all will be well

#1,254 Ā·
Smitten said:
New owner getting to grips with ICTP - apologies if I am going over old ground. I have a one week old car so you might expect it would have the latest, greatest version of the software yet I do not have any working voice commands for navigation. Should I update map which was last updated 24.4.18? Do I need a software update already? Otherwise the system seems OK and there have been no crashes but it is a little slow to boot up. Thoughts anyone with more knowledge than me?
That is V2.5 - the giveaway is the two piece seat icon..... That came out Sept 2016. v3.0 last summer & the corrected version 3.5 Feb/March 2018 (Now referred to as 17C)

They won't update you unless you report a problem, the idea being if it aint broke etc

The date last updated for the map isn't actually much help as it isn't what, only when - log in to your Incontrol Route Planner & check available downloads...
[/quote]

Many thanks. I will call and get the update done and then upload up-to-date maps and hopefully all will be well
[/quote]

Smitten,
The current version of the software (v3 r3 / 17C / helmet release) is very stable and addresses many of the issues that perhaps you're yet to find (also addresses the slow start up which you *have* found). I strongly recommend this for stability across bluetooth and cabled connections of phone and a host of other fixed niggles. I've had it for two weeks and I couldn't be happier (to compare the start up time: now I get everything fired up and running before the car is out of the drive, previously I could pretty much guarantee the house I'd have to pass about half a mile into my commute before it came alive).

The latest maps update version ends in .153 and is a good "partner" with ICTP v3 r3 / 17C / helmet release. Fixes some of the voice control of the sat nav. Instructions in this group on how to download, yell if you can't find them but they're in this thread and other places.

I don't think any of us bought an FP with an ambition to be an expert in updates, fixes and release numbers (or the lack thereof!), but many of us have needed to invest time to get this "right" - I'm glad I did bc the overall experience is night and day from when I first picked up the car eight months/6000 miles ago.
DjP

#1,255 Ā·
DjP said:
June16 said:
Wooo hooo
After the latest map update ( ends in 153)

I say "Navigate to address" , she says please give the house number street etc, option also to change country, she accepts an address and THIS WORKS :D

I say "go to Morrison's " it asks which Morrison's , and gives options <along the route>, <around the car> etc THIS WORKS :D

I say go to fuel stations " it finds fuel stations and asks < along the route > ,< round the car> etc, THIS WORKS :D

From voice button press , I say help , she lists "navigate to address" ( among others) , I say an address , she lists it THIS WORKS. :D

Some things still don't work though press voice button and :

Say "help", then choose Navigation Commands ( spoken or selected) , it crashes to home page
Say "Navigation" then choose Navigation commands ( spoken or selected) , it crashes to home page.
Say "Navigation Commands " , it crashes to home page.

Under Voice commands on the extras screen , no voice commands are listed.

So a big improvement , but still room to fix the other items as above, related to "Navigation Commands".
This is very cool! Will give that a try when I buy (yet another) memory stick. I put the last one in my jeans pocket and it went through the wash!
The behavior with maps v152 is exactly as you describe (i.e. doesn't work) so I'm hopeful of v153 doing something useful...
DjP
I can confirm this experience - all of the "navigate to Morrisons" type voice commands didn't work with maps .152 and work a treat with .153. My sequence of updates:
  • applied maps .152 to ICTP 2.5
    upgraded ICTP to 3 vr (helmet)
    applied maps .153

I've kept the voice at "posh English lady" throughout.
DjP

#1,256 Ā·
I'm glad to hear that they seem to be getting on top of the problems with voice commands with the latest update, but voice control tech from Jag is still in the Dark Ages compared to the new MBUX system to be found in the latest A Class Mercs, for example; this is how all voice recognition systems should work, really intuitive! . . . demonstrated at 15:40 in this amazing video clip by Thomas...

. . . I notice, interestingly, that the drone's eye view of the 360 degree camera system on the Merc also shows a grey rectangle around the car

#1,257 Ā·
DjP said:
DjP said:
June16 said:
Wooo hooo
After the latest map update ( ends in 153)

I say "Navigate to address" , she says please give the house number street etc, option also to change country, she accepts an address and THIS WORKS :D

I say "go to Morrison's " it asks which Morrison's , and gives options <along the route>, <around the car> etc THIS WORKS :D

I say go to fuel stations " it finds fuel stations and asks < along the route > ,< round the car> etc, THIS WORKS :D

From voice button press , I say help , she lists "navigate to address" ( among others) , I say an address , she lists it THIS WORKS. :D

Some things still don't work though press voice button and :

Say "help", then choose Navigation Commands ( spoken or selected) , it crashes to home page
Say "Navigation" then choose Navigation commands ( spoken or selected) , it crashes to home page.
Say "Navigation Commands " , it crashes to home page.

Under Voice commands on the extras screen , no voice commands are listed.

So a big improvement , but still room to fix the other items as above, related to "Navigation Commands".
This is very cool! Will give that a try when I buy (yet another) memory stick. I put the last one in my jeans pocket and it went through the wash!
The behavior with maps v152 is exactly as you describe (i.e. doesn't work) so I'm hopeful of v153 doing something useful...
DjP
I can confirm this experience - all of the "navigate to Morrisons" type voice commands didn't work with maps .152 and work a treat with .153. My sequence of updates:
  • applied maps .152 to ICTP 2.5
    upgraded ICTP to 3 vr (helmet)
    applied maps .153

I've kept the voice at "posh English lady" throughout.
DjP
Yep , some have had commands appear after waiting like Corriescar, but in most cases the map update kicks it into life straight away by applying the map update after v3 ( helmet)

I have fed back to the dealer about the "Navigation commands" statement / selection not working and crashing . Looking at the way other items have sprung into life I'd expect a map update is needed to get those to work. All the speech recognition files are contained in the map updates ( I opened the zip files and went through them šŸ¤«).

On a good point They definately seem to be working on it as map updates are certainly more frequent .

I wonder what in the system is not loading/ holding on to the map files until either there is a long time delay or maps are updated.
But it does seem to be the best course of action not to update maps before v3 to guarantee instant success.

#1,258 Ā·
catwoman said:
I'm glad to hear that they seem to be getting on top of the problems with voice commands with the latest update, but voice control tech from Jag is still in the Dark Ages compared to the new MBUX system to be found in the latest A Class Mercs, for example; this is how all voice recognition systems should work, really intuitive! . . . demonstrated at 15:40 in this amazing video clip by Thomas...

. . . I notice, interestingly, that the drone's eye view of the 360 degree camera system on the Merc also shows a grey rectangle around the car
A good point , but I don't buy a car for the voice system to control everything .
I did look at the GLC as a contender but it didn't "float my boat " .

I think JLR are catching up , but if they could only send out a fully working system at the outset it would make a huge difference to Customers perception. Instead of spending time fixing it they could be spending time expanding it. We can always hope.

#1,259 Ā·
This may sound odd after all this time but what exactly is the " helmet " upgrade as although my seat icon changed and I got the text messages as well coming thorough I am still unsure what the helmet phrase refers to. Thanks.

#1,261 Ā·
Thanks catwoman for the thread it explains it but in my defence trawling through this thread takes longer than a reply as seen by your response whereas a search , even a specific one, would bring up numerous replies.
To go back to the topic it shows that my car requires a software "upgrade" as now my sat nav is on the blink and the rear locks only unlock from the outside not via the lock/unlock button in the front. It's a shame as the car to date has been almost faultless for 16 months and 15,500 miles. Regards Mark.

#1,262 Ā·
catwoman said:
^ . . adaptive dynamics . . used to be a 'mountain' icon . . it's described and illustrated further back in this thread... page 112
https://www.fpaceforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1718&start=1110#p51293

the 'search' function can be a pretty useful tool for finding answers like this ;)
Also applies to configurable dynamics, or at least that's where the helmet takes me and I didn't take adaptive dynamics full package.

#1,263 Ā·
Markotley said:
Thanks catwoman for the thread it explains it but in my defence trawling through this thread takes longer than a reply as seen by your response whereas a search , even a specific one, would bring up numerous replies.
To go back to the topic it shows that my car requires a software "upgrade" as now my sat nav is on the blink and the rear locks only unlock from the outside not via the lock/unlock button in the front. It's a shame as the car to date has been almost faultless for 16 months and 15,500 miles. Regards Mark.
Yes you need to see if you've got a 3 part seat and a helmet on the tabs on the screen , if not you need and update called phase 3 at the dealers . This sorts out sat nav and the blank screen and slow boot.

Daft question re rear doors have you got child locks on so they can only be opened from outside? I vaguely remember seeing this in the menu somewhere, I've never used it so not sure how it's supposed to work.

#1,264 Ā·
On v2.5 it was the ASi button, then on v3.0 it became a 'mountain' - again for ASi, then v3.5/17c it has become a helmet for shortcut to configurable dynamics.

On cars without CDynamics I believe it becomes a 'circle' for a mute button - not sure if other option configurations means it can be anything else.

I agree it generally boots up much faster, with most of the time music starting alsmost instantaneous, but I've found things like Nav & Media can take a while before the 'Not Available' message isn't constantly displayed.

As for Nav, changed to British Female today & she works as well as the BBC man... Sadly, she actually says 'edit' and not 'idiot' so she who thought it was really funny wants the man back! :D

Still haven't bothered with map version v153, so still bucking the trend!!!

#1,265 Ā·
DjP said:
Smitten said:

[/quote]

Smitten,
The current version of the software (v3 r3 / 17C / helmet release) is very stable and addresses many of the issues that perhaps you're yet to find (also addresses the slow start up which you *have* found). I strongly recommend this for stability across bluetooth and cabled connections of phone and a host of other fixed niggles. I've had it for two weeks and I couldn't be happier (to compare the start up time: now I get everything fired up and running before the car is out of the drive, previously I could pretty much guarantee the house I'd have to pass about half a mile into my commute before it came alive).

The latest maps update version ends in .153 and is a good "partner" with ICTP v3 r3 / 17C / helmet release. Fixes some of the voice control of the sat nav. Instructions in this group on how to download, yell if you can't find them but they're in this thread and other places.

I don't think any of us bought an FP with an ambition to be an expert in updates, fixes and release numbers (or the lack thereof!), but many of us have needed to invest time to get this "right" - I'm glad I did bc the overall experience is night and day from when I first picked up the car eight months/6000 miles ago.
DjP
[/quote]

Many thanks for the detail DJP. Trip to Scotland on Saturday for a week which should complete the running in and identify any other issues then a trip to the dealer the following week to get the ICTP update.

#1,266 Ā·
catwoman said:
^ . . adaptive dynamics . . used to be a 'mountain' icon . . it's described and illustrated further back in this thread... page 112

the 'search' function can be a pretty useful tool for finding answers like this ;)
Let me tell you that the answer is not so evident for people having the ParkAssist, whose icon replaces the mountain or helmet one :

#1,267 Ā·
Katoaristera said:
catwoman said:

Let me tell you that the answer is not so evident for people having the ParkAssist, whose icon replaces the mountain or helmet one :
When you refer to ParkAssist do you mean front and rear parking sensors or the 360 camera view? I have parking sensors and the helmet icon.
DjP

#1,268 Ā·
DjP said:
Katoaristera said:
catwoman said:

When you refer to ParkAssist do you mean front and rear parking sensors or the 360 camera view? I have parking sensors and the helmet icon.
DjP
Park assist is where it parks itself , not camera or beepers.

#1,269 Ā·
#1,270 Ā·
Smitten said:
DjP said:
Smitten said:

Smitten,

DjP
[/quote]

Many thanks for the detail DJP. Trip to Scotland on Saturday for a week which should complete the running in and identify any other issues then a trip to the dealer the following week to get the ICTP update.
[/quote]

PS DJP now found the dodgy cable connection to phone as well. Car is going great apart from the ICTP niggles....and Jaguar Remote booting me out but, that is another thread!

#1,271 Ā·
Well I'm confused and frustrated now now. My car MY 2016 3:0 S/C is in today for it's second year annual service and I was expecting the ICTP to be upgraded to the latest version so I can get the latest functions (mainly voice activation for nav). It was last upgraded a year ago on the last service.

Just had a debate with the local Stratstone Nottingham service manager who is telling me "if no ICTP problems = no upgrade" for the latest features.

The Ball Joint recall is being done however...

#1,272 Ā·
DAL said:
Well I'm confused and frustrated now now. My car MY 2016 3:0 S/C is in today for it's second year annual service and I was expecting the ICTP to be upgraded to the latest version so I can get the latest functions (mainly voice activation for nav). It was last upgraded a year ago on the last service.

Just had a debate with the local Stratstone Nottingham service manager who is telling me "if no ICTP problems = no upgrade" for the latest features.

The Ball Joint recall is being done however...
So no sat nav voice is not a problem !?

Sounds like a very poor dealer, to me.

#1,273 Ā·
This is the latest disgusting cost cutting exercise by JLR that any service upgrades will no longer be carried out unless a customer makes a specific complaint regarding a malfunction. I would guess that this has been brought about by the record high warranty claims on their vehicles being submitted by JLR dealers world wide so again the customer suffers.A dealer is in business to make money and if JLR will not reimburse dealers for the work they do ,again the customer suffers. From my experience this particular dealer in Nottingham is one of the best so don't blame them for JLR and their mean policy.
.The CD player in my new XF Sportbrake kept freezing so I complained and had the latest ICTP patch applied which has solved the problem and incidently given me some extra features on the system. My car was built late February and registered March 1st but obviously did not have the latest system installed which I personally considered to be unacceptable from JLR.

#1,274 Ā·
Hydrajaws said:
This is the latest disgusting cost cutting exercise by JLR that any service upgrades will no longer be carried out unless a customer makes a specific complaint regarding a malfunction. I would guess that this has been brought about by the record high warranty claims on their vehicles being submitted by JLR dealers world wide so again the customer suffers.A dealer is in business to make money and if JLR will not reimburse dealers for the work they do ,again the customer suffers. From my experience this particular dealer in Nottingham is one of the best so don't blame them for JLR and their mean policy.
.The CD player in my new XF Sportbrake kept freezing so I complained and had the latest ICTP patch applied which has solved the problem and incidently given me some extra features on the system. My car was built late February and registered March 1st but obviously did not have the latest system installed which I personally considered to be unacceptable from JLR.
Not sure calling a dealer one of the best when it won't sort a customers car is really fair.
Update took 4 hours on mine , booked in within 4 days , no issue at all , in fact the update was carried out during its one month health check.

All new vehicles are common out with 2.5 installed across the entire JLR production be it landrover or Jaguar.

If they won't update it Id go elsewhere and get it done.
But it depends whether he booked the no voice as a fault or not before the service.

I agree all updates should be applied, it's a daft new policy not to do so.

#1,275 Ā·
To be fair the dealer can only work within the policy of JLR and it seems the bad boy here is JLR but at least the dealer was honest and stated the policy they have to work within. I have used this dealer since 2004 and I would rate them very highly after reading some of the comments on this forum over the years regarding members experience with other dealers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.