Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

New F Pace owner

19K views 50 replies 15 participants last post by  Emanuel2222 
#1 ·
Hi guys, I'm Emanuel and I just got, after quite a long wait, my F Pace.

Same as other guys on this forum (as well as the US one), I had some difficulties in figuring out some of the features (front parking sensors not being live, CC not breaking downhill and so on); I've decided to send JLR an e-mal which sounds like this:

"
Dear Sirs,

I am facing the following issues with my brand new F Pace:

I want the front parking sensors to be permanent on without being needed to press the buton...

I would like to be able to actually use the internal hard drive as whenever I am storing songs on it, the system seems unable to load them (after copying);

I would like to be able to permanently deactivate the start/stop function without having to press the buton every time I fire the engine.

I would like to know how much would it cost to fit the surround view camera as my dealer was not able to give me a quote;

I would like to be able to see the tyres pressure (real time) not just the low pressure warning; same for the oil life;

I would like to be able to see more information on the Remote app and to be able to customize the measurement units as for the moment the app shows the distance in miles and fuel consumption in l/100km;

I would like the glove box to lock in Valet mode;

Most of these feature can be added via a software update and for your engineeres shouldn't be that difficult to make all the above possible.

Prior to buying my F Pace, I've tested the Mercedes GLE coupe and the Porsche Macan and I was impressed by Jag's looks and the final battle was between the F Pace and the GLE as the Porsche was too ridgid even with the air suspension.
The GLE had all the features I wanted and wrote above ( even though I wasn't looking into that at the time), but there are thousands of them on the streets and honestly speaking, the Jag is more of a gentleman's car and the seats feel like Rolls Royce ones :)

Not sure if you guys are reading the topics from F Pace owner forum, but there are quite a few unhappy customers (software wise) and it's all about the front parking sensors, Cruise Control not breaking downhill, the absence of mobile phone wireless charging and the panoramic roof's tiny opening...

Please do not ignore my e-mail and forward it to the R&D Department (or the relevant one) and help all of us really enjoy our Jags.

Best regards,
Emanuel
"

Hope ro get a reply and will post it here.

See less See more
#27 ·
MrPix said:
so, 2.5 is 4G enabled, my car was delivered 2 days after Emanuel's and I was told all available updates had been carried out
My car was new on Saturday and it has 2.5 loaded, it seems to be the version which is been installed at the factory. As everything seems to work fine on it I'm not pushing for an update which may brick the whole unit.

#28 ·
MrPix said:
corriescar66 said:
All 2018 MY cars are 4G enabled, so if yours is new you should be getting 4G as long as your signal is strong enough & I believe you should see '4G' on the top line if you have ICTP 3.0, but can't remember if 2.5 showed anything... If you have the old seat icon, then you may have to wait until they re-release it before you get to see it.

If it is a 2017 MY or earlier, they are only 3G. It's a hardware issue and apparently cannot be upgraded on the older cars
May I'm ask what are the old seat icons? Mine looks like the below picture (ignore the red lines)

sync.jpg
Yes, the seat icon looks like the one in the picture (90 degrees shape); I can't find the version info...

3G on the car, 4G on my phone.

Drive safe !

Attachments

#29 ·
MrPix said:
so, 2.5 is 4G enabled, my car was delivered 2 days after Emanuel's and I was told all available updates had been carried out
Does it say 4G? It may only be 3.0 that has a new graphic to say 4G, so it may only be able to indicate '3G' even if it is running 4G. There is a new signal strength indicator if you look at the top of my photo.

3.0 was originally released in July 2017, and I don't think I have read on here that anyone has had a new car delivered with it factory loaded.

It is also possible that there has been a partial upload of 3.0 to Emanuel's car as the USB problem sounds like mine. It happened to me - they think they loaded it, but you are left with the 2.5 menus/icons & a compromised system.

The patch for 3.0 briefly released in December crashed most of the cars it was loaded on so we await their next effort. Rumour has it the next version will include voice control for sat nav...

Look, a flying pig.....

A lot seem to have had no problems, but I'm not one of them.

#30 ·
corriescar66 said:
MrPix said:
Does it say 4G? It may only be 3.0 that has a new graphic to say 4G, so it may only be able to indicate '3G'. There is a new signal strength indicator if you look at the top of my photo.

3.0 was originally released in July 2017, and I don't think I have read on here that anyone has had a new car delivered with it factory loaded.

It is also possible that there has been a partial upload of 3.0 to Emanuel's car as the USB problem sounds like mine. It happened to me - they think they loaded it, but you are left with the 2.5 menus/icons & a compromised system.

The patch for 3.0 briefly released in December crashed most of the cars it was loaded on so we await their next effort. Rumour has it the next version will include voice control for sat nav...

Look, a flying pig.....

yes it says 4G as per photo I uploaded.

#31 ·
MrPix said:
corriescar66 said:
MrPix said:
Does it say 4G? It may only be 3.0 that has a new graphic to say 4G, so it may only be able to indicate '3G'. There is a new signal strength indicator if you look at the top of my photo.

Look, a flying pig.....

yes it says 4G as per photo I uploaded.
Unless I save the image to my phone, they aren't too clear, so sorry.

In which case the OP either doesn't have a good signal, or a problem that he will need to discuss with dealer.

Are both sim cards on same network?

#33 ·
corriescar66 said:
MrPix said:
corriescar66 said:
All 2018 MY cars are 4G enabled, so if yours is new you should be getting 4G as long as your signal is strong enough & I believe you should see '4G' on the top line if you have ICTP 3.0, but can't remember if 2.5 showed anything... If you have the old seat icon, then you may have to wait until they re-release it before you get to see it.

If it is a 2017 MY or earlier, they are only 3G. It's a hardware issue and apparently cannot be upgraded on the older cars
May I'm ask what are the old seat icons? Mine looks like the below picture (ignore the red lines)

sync.jpg
Yes, you have ICTP 2.5...... The ASi now becomes a little mountain....

WP_20180119_13_26_41_Pro.jpg
Hi Corriescar66,

What dealership did your v3.0 upgrade? I see you're Sevenoaks way, and I'm only just round the corner in West Malling !

When I collected mine in Nov '17, they advised that the ICTP was up to date, yet it is clearly not 3.0 on mine as I have the old 2-part seat icon.

Regards,
Mike

#34 ·
MrPix said:
Mr Pix,

I'm in a similar boat. my car was delivered mid Nov 2017, and I specifically (and repeatedly) asked that ICTP be updated to the latest (at the time 3.0 was out!) however I was told that my car was fully up to date, yet I seem to have 2,5, the same as you. That said, I think there have been a significant amount of issues with 3.0 and it was subsequently pulled from deployment around the time I took collection. It looked like it was re-released earlier this week/late last week, but has again been pulled due to ongoing issues.

Given my 2,5 version works (almost) fine, and I have 4G etc, I'll grin and bear it for now in the (vain) hope that they get a working V3.0 in the next few months :x

M.

#35 ·
mike72uk said:
corriescar66 said:
MrPix said:

sync.jpg
Yes, you have ICTP 2.5...... The ASi now becomes a little mountain....

WP_20180119_13_26_41_Pro.jpg
Hi Corriescar66,

What dealership did your v3.0 upgrade? I see you're Sevenoaks way, and I'm only just round the corner in West Malling !

When I collected mine in Nov '17, they advised that the ICTP was up to date, yet it is clearly not 3.0 on mine as I have the old 2-part seat icon.

Regards,
Mike
Hi Mike,

Harwoods Crawley..... It was first tried in July, but ended up with the partial loading & old icons etc

They then had another go during 6 week period between last week Sept & 6th November..

The multiple 'Sevenoaks' shown was in fact me making one trip to a funeral a few weeks ago.... A new quirk/failure of 3.0 is that it says '55 new items' every now and again and fills your recent trips with multiple entries for the same one, including ones months ago. Eg the photo is part of a set for dealer/CS that gives 5 'pages' of entries for 'Place des Pins..' which intermittently turn up when I start the car (or it decides to log in part way through trip). 'Last used' my derriere...... That was July 2017!!!!!! :evil:

#36 ·
corriescar66 said:
The multiple 'Sevenoaks' shown was in fact me making one trip to a funeral a few weeks ago.... A new quirk/failure of 3.0 is that it says '55 new items' every now and again and fills your recent trips with multiple entries for the same one, including ones months ago. Eg the photo is part of a set for dealer/CS that gives 5 'pages' of entries for 'Place des Pins..' which intermittently turn up when I start the car (or it decides to log in part way through trip). 'Last used' my derriere...... That was July 2017!!!!!! :evil:
Yep, get this as well on mine - it is a 'feature' of V3 :lol:

#37 ·
Hi guys,

Today I received the second reply from JLR

"
Dear Mr Dumitru,

Thank you for your email and VIN.

I note your comments regarding the improvements requested to the InControl App. Please be assured I have passed on your suggestions to the product and design team for their consideration.

I am aware you are experiencing music and sound concerns in relation to your F-Pace. May i respectfully ask that you book your vehicle in to have these concerns investigated. Please make me aware if you are happy to arrange the booking, or if you would like me to get you booked into the Retailers. Once it is in the Retailers, I will be happy to support you and liaise with the Retailers on your behalf.

May I also ask that you provide a telephone number and I will contact you at your convenience.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely,

Sharon Casey

Digital Case Manager
UK Customer Relationship Centre
Jaguar Land Rover
T: +44 (0) 1926 691661
"

So I've replied and added another issue which is: Last week, the sound just vanished, out of a sudden :(
Restarted the vehicle severa times but without any success. Tried to contact my dealer but nobody was picking up the phone so I thaught I will ring Jaguar after reaching my destination (been driving a couple of hours without any music...enough to realize the F Pace is quite noisy and could hear all the traffic...having the windows closed...).
Called JLR and after quite a wait I've been advised to book in for a check as it may be a fuse or so...I went to check the fuses by myself but decided to have anither go with the radio first and surprize, all was working fine.
Called back JLR to inform and they said it may have been a software glitch...the "technician" told me to think of my Jag as a laptop...the OS (Windows he said) will have issues from time to time as this is what technology does...breaks...
I was shocked about the answer but at least the problem was now solved (by its own).
Now, I just came back from Luton Airport without satnav as the Navigation App froze...Restarted the vehicle several times but no luck...Hopefuly tomorrow morning everything will get back to normal.
My previous vehicles had issues as well, but not that many in such a short time frame.
Before 2012 I was a BMW fan, had the 3/5/7/X5/X6 series, including an M3 and an M5 and a GT.
Then a 2012 Porsche Cayenne - couldn't keep the DAB stations, memory was reseting its self...not a major issue; suspension was keep on loosing air every 3000 miles...had it replaced under warranty (took them 9 days to do it...) and after that...again same issue after 3000 miles...
2014 Audi Q7: traction control failure after 1500 miles; got a replacement in 3 weeks time (same config) and after 2000 miles suspension failure; had it relaced and then after another 2500 miles ECU failure...
I then had a 2015 Vauxhall Insignia Elite Nav: no isuues at all !
In September 2016 I bought a 2012 Porsche Panamera and the poor thing spent more time in service that in the road...ECU failure, steering box, suspension and several electrical faults...gearbox sensors, etc.
Then I said I'll go back to buying a new vechicle and here I am, having issue after issue with my new F Pace...

Is it just me who am unlucky or the vehicles are becoming more faulty ?

Will keep you posted about the JLR interaction.

Drive safe!

#38 ·
If you do have issues such as the loss of sound or the Nav freezing, turn the engine off, lock and leave the car for 10-15 minutes. This allows for all the systems to completely shut down and so when you restart it they have to boot up again from scratch.

Just turning the car off and immediately restarting does not have the same affect, I had the loss of sound issue with an XF a couple of times and by leaving it for 15 mins and returning to the car always solved the problem.

#39 ·
lozpace said:
If you do have issues such as the loss of sound or the Nav freezing, turn the engine off, lock and leave the car for 10-15 minutes. This allows for all the systems to completely shut down and so when you restart it they have to boot up again from scratch.

Just turning the car off and immediately restarting does not have the same affect, I had the loss of sound issue with an XF a couple of times and by leaving it for 15 mins and returning to the car always solved the problem.
Thank you Iozpace,

That's what I did and the sound came back.

Again, after the sat nav froze last night, all back to normal this morning.

It's a good thing these issues are solving by themselves, but still, I find this unacceptable from a brand new vehicle :(

Drive safe !

#40 ·
Hi Emanuel.
My first problem really...
I had a completely black screen on Sunday, nothing worked at all on ICTP. I 'rebooted' after waiting for 5 mins and it still was black... I set about my journey and went down my bumpy road to the main road, at which point it jumped into life and booted up. I must admit, the techy in me was thinking that the bumpy road had 'made' a bad connection 'good' again and that some thing was loose in the harness, but then I thought surely the connections are better than my old Triumph 350cc from 1970!

#41 ·
MrPix said:
Hi Emanuel.
My first problem really...
I had a completely black screen on Sunday, nothing worked at all on ICTP. I 'rebooted' after waiting for 5 mins and it still was black... I set about my journey and went down my bumpy road to the main road, at which point it jumped into life and booted up. I must admit, the techy in me was thinking that the bumpy road had 'made' a bad connection 'good' again and that some thing was loose in the harness, but then I thought surely the connections are better than my old Triumph 350cc from 1970!
Hi MrPix,

Speaking of old times, just remembered that back in the days I use to kick the central unit of my desktop computer everytime it was freezing or so and like magic, it all was coming back to normal.

:)

Drive safe

#43 ·
Hi guys,

JLR booked my car for a software update (latest one with the new seat icon) and said all the issues will be solved...did it and the music still pauses while playing, did not have any black screen or defd sounds si ce (10 days), but the following new ones arisen: after starting the engine, it takes about 30 seconds to be able to use any feature on the touch screen (so the boot time increased); at least before the update, the music would start straight away, now...it takes 30-40 seconds to start playing and it goes to radio as the usb stick is not visible for the first minute or so...so I have to go to source and select it (wait for it to appear first...
I got another call (follow up call) frm JLR and told them about the new issues so they booked my car for a couple of days in service...
Will keep you posted.

Drive safe !

#45 ·
Emanuel2222 said:
Hi guys,

JLR booked my car for a software update (latest one with the new seat icon) and said all the issues will be solved...did it and the music still pauses while playing, did not have any black screen or defd sounds si ce (10 days), but the following new ones arisen: after starting the engine, it takes about 30 seconds to be able to use any feature on the touch screen (so the boot time increased); at least before the update, the music would start straight away, now...it takes 30-40 seconds to start playing and it goes to radio as the usb stick is not visible for the first minute or so...so I have to go to source and select it (wait for it to appear first...
I got another call (follow up call) frm JLR and told them about the new issues so they booked my car for a couple of days in service...
Will keep you posted.

Drive safe !
Have you got the full update/helmet edition?

I only ask, as yours now sounds like mine was after the 3.0 update.

I'm hoping you're going to say you don't have 'helmet', otherwise I'll cry...

#46 ·
Communication Device Automotive design Output device Audio equipment Gadget
corriescar66 said:
Emanuel2222 said:
Hi guys,

Will keep you posted.

Drive safe !
Have you got the full update/helmet edition?

I only ask, as yours now sounds like mine was after the 3.0 update.

I'm hoping you're going to say you don't have 'helmet', otherwise I'll cry...
Hi corriescar66,

I am not sure what you mean by "helmet".
Technicians said it's the last version of the software.
You can see on the attached picture how the icons are displayed.

Drive safe!

Attachments

#51 ·
Hi guys,

I have been now 2 weeks since my F Pace got back to the dealership for investigation; I am still waiting for it to come back home 😁.
During it's staying there, I have been called several times by the dealer and JLR aftersales team and informed about the atatus: nothing wrong with the software, what phone am I using (even though the issues were not phone related and so on...) finaly, they will look into replacing the whole radio unit as it may be a hardware issue.
I have been given an XF as a curtoasy vehicle and I haven't experienced any of the Audio or lond start delay issues therefore I 've got the conclusion that the software is not crap, but the phisical side of it, the unit.
Hopefuly I will get my car back next week at sime point and I will update you guys with further findings.
P.S: After the initial software update I wasn't able tu use the Remote App to turn in the engine as it was saying Windows status unknown...

If this time they won't make things work well, Imy solisitor advised me to complain to Consumer Rights as the vehicle alreaby been back to service 2 times in 2 months.

Drive safe !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.