Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

F-Pace S 3.0 litre V6 Petrol, Test driven and I really want to buy.

8K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  DAL 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,

I'm new to the forum, I can see this group is incredibly helpful and would really appreciate some advice.

I have test driven the S V6 petrol, and will definitely place an order.

The spec I have chosen is:
Firenze Red
Red & Black Leather
Oyster headlining
Panoramic Sunroof (non opening)
black roof rails
Rear seat release levers

The dealer said I could not get a delivery estimate until I pay the deposit. I would appreciate some advice about average delivery times. Ideally I would like to collect the car any day in May, so I am hesitant to place the order at the moment in case its delivered before then.
If I leave it until March/April before I pay the deposit and then get told it won't be ready until after May it will be a problem for me because my current 3 series MOT/insurance runs out last week in May and I was going to scrap it. I would hate to MOT/insure it for an extra month or so.

Thanks Guys, what a great forum.

See less See more
#2 ·
Around three months from deposit was a fairly typical lead time back when I ordered mine, April 2016, not 100 percent sure if that's still the case, but I would think you'd be okay ordering this month for a May delivery . . your dealer should be happy to accommodate you, if not, I'd suggest finding one that will . . nice spec BTW and welcome.

#3 ·
I ordered mine early December 17 for a March 18 delivery. It arrived early i'm picking it up on Saturday so it took roughly two months.

Mine is a 2.0 diesel Portfolio I'm not sure if petrol and other specs take longer.

#4 ·
Welcome!

I have had my F-PACE S 3.0 Petrol for 8 days, ordered 14th October. The factory closed down for a fortnight over Christmas, not sure if it does the same at Easter. If I had wanted to pick it up on March 1st, the dealer would have stored it for me and registered then, but I could not wait. I would think you could order now and prescribe the delivery date in May going on my experience.

One thing though, historically, the 3.0 Petrol S had less build slots than all the other variants. This may be on the change due to diesel being dirty now in the UK, but worth asking the dealer about slots in the 'holding pool' and expected build date. My dealer expected my build to be the first week of December, but because there were not enough 3.0 S slots available and orders for them have ramped up, my build date was Jan 12th - 16th (3 working days to build it), and it arrived at the dealer on the 19th January.

I have the red/black interior and love it :). Just over 500 miles to go before I can open her up and hear the orchestra play at the back!

#6 ·
I ordered late December and have so far just been quoted a "March" delivery timing with no specific dates. Not sure on build dates yet.

#7 ·
I ordered at start of Jan, I told them I want it registered on 18 plate and they said would definitely be here by the beginning of March but this is for the R sport.

#8 ·
I would have thought the dealer would meet your delivery date requirement if it came in early. He should store the car ready for you on the day.

#9 ·
Ordered mine in Nov last year and arrived 6 weeks later.
Happy driving ever since!
I was unable to test drive the petrol as no dealer had one, just the diesel.

#10 ·
I would order now, and say if it arrives early, can they store it til May, I am sure they will. Don't go and look at it when it arrives though, or you will want it straight away!!

#11 ·
Ps red an red interior is awesome, I had two of them, good choice

#12 ·
I'd find a different dealer. Mine (Carrs Truro) was happy to always give me a lead time as they have the information regularly provided to them.

Also, take no notice of lead times for other engine variants. A 3l petrol will take longer than any other variant according to my dealer as there are very few build slots currently. There simply isn't enough 3l petrol engines to fulfil demand across XE, XF, F-Pace and F-Type that use them.

#15 ·
catwoman said:
Around three months from deposit was a fairly typical lead time back when I ordered mine, April 2016, not 100 percent sure if that's still the case, but I would think you'd be okay ordering this month for a May delivery . . your dealer should be happy to accommodate you, if not, I'd suggest finding one that will . . nice spec BTW and welcome.
Thank you for the welcome.

Im now also considering privicy glass, the car i tested had it. I was previously put off privicy glass as i thought it would make it really difficult to see out of the rear screen, i was plesently suprised that it didnt have a negative effect on rear vision.

When i asked the dealer about holding it until i was ready he said they where reluctent to do that incase the car got damaged and also due to a lake of storage space. He did admit that the real reason was the early the collection whould help his sales target. I really appriacted his honesty. We spoke again about them holding it for a while and i am confident they will accommodate my needs.

#17 ·
F-Pace S said:
I would order now, and say if it arrives early, can they store it til May, I am sure they will. Don't go and look at it when it arrives though, or you will want it straight away!!
Great advise about not going to view it. I think ordering ASAP is the best thing to do.

#18 ·
I placed my order eight weeks ago and was told it would be ready 6th June. I'm so looking forward to it especially now i've heard rumours the V6 S petrol can no longer be ordered.

#20 ·
Go for it :D

My SC is 2 years old in a couple of weeks and still love it. If you have more cash the new SVR is apparently orderable from May :twisted:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.